IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

OK, here is the link to my dropbox folder called SACD. Inside it are the two folders:

* Autoscript for empty root drive of USB stick, and

* SACD Extract for the two files that go on the pc folder, a command file that needs editing (notepad, etc) once you know your players IP address, and the sacd_extract.exe file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8cunli3d3basmix/AAAY2mPDW9QH_so52EwCCBhya?dl=0

Summary: you should copy Autoscript folder with 2 files inside to a clean USB stick, power on the player, wait until it boots and connect the prepared USB stick. When scrolling text ABCDEFGHIJK will appear on the display – you can connect to the player over telnet. Use ‘root’ login and press enter. Type ‘uname -a’ and press enter. If you see ‘Linux mtk85xx 2.6.35‘ then it’s your lucky day and the sacd_extract daemon should work at your player. Type sacd.cmd (remember to edit with proper IP address) and ripping should begin.

Putty details: start putty, check Telnet as connection type, in Host name type IP of your blu-ray player and press Open button.and it will look like this

6Usa48Y.png

If telnet server is started on player side – you will see a login window (this is an 8560 example but Chinese programmer typo'd 8530).

O7kAYSh.png

Type ‘root’ and press Enter

9KhdZ6c.png

If you get 2.6.35 then you are in.

I will have more info later.

Note: I do not have any of these players so I can't personally test. I will ask Grill to get on, as he has successfully done an Oppo (I think, maybe it's a Pio).

PLEASE report back, especially a successful rip. I will act as go-between for the silent folks behind the scene who actually discovered and created this stuff.

"PLEASE report back, especially a successful rip. I will act as go-between for the silent folks behind the scene who actually discovered and created this stuff."

Ted, great.

& also,

1. let us know if the multi-region mod is a problem

2. maybe someone can figure an Apple equivalent (... spose, I'll have to use the other half's pc).

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Ted, thanks for starting and administrating this thread. Yes, thanks to the talented developers this method works and is very simple. You can do rips with your Oppo 10X or with other compatible players as simply as follows:

1) Connect your player to your LAN according to the player's manual. Write down the IP address of your player. Check if you see your player in Windows/Network/Media Devices of your PC connected to the same LAN.

2) Copy the AutoScipt folder to the root of a USB stick. You can leave your other files on your stick.

For a checking purpose, here are the MD5 hashes of the AutoScipt files for players with MT8580 chipset (eg. Oppo 10X):

85fcb3f87931eac271aefcfa58ab5c7d *AutoScript

14b531b622c92dfe159cf36cff954e5a *sacd_extract

85fcb3f87931eac271aefcfa58ab5c7d *AutoScript.TSS

3) Copy the sacd_extract folder to a drive of your PC connected to your LAN. Make sure your drive has enough free space for the SACD iso(s) to be ripped. With a text editor write the IP address of your player in the sacd.cmd file.

For a checking purpose, here are the MD5 hashes of the sacd_extract files:

2e0182f11817edd16c4a74ad61d2afea *sacd.cmd

db075a77f1b714ddc6c0b3cdb7bc0aee *sacd_extract.exe

(Please note that sacd.cmd is only a text file of the following command line: sacd_extract -i 192.168.1.106:2002 -P -I

Since the IP address may vary so does the MD5 hash of sacd.cmd.)

4) Turn on your player and turn off the Auto Play Mode and Auto Resume (or similar) in the Playback Setup. Connect your prepared USB stick to your player. The tray should eject. You can leave your USB stick in your player (it doesn't matter).

5) Close the tray with an SACD. Wait until the player recognizes the disc. Run sacd.cmd on your PC. The ripping process should start within few seconds.

Grill, appreciated.

Or you can run BootCamp on your Mac. ;-)

Yep, prob best alternative.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

I haven't tried it yet, but for those who don't want to install and boot into Windows, I would imagine this would work fine via a PC/Windows emulator app on a Mac. Today's emulators have very smooth and transparent networking through the emulation layer, and the hard drive images they use are dynamically expandable (meaning they can easily hold large files like SACD images). Plus, one of them - VirtualBox - is available free. All you need is a copy of Windows.

Also, while I don't have the skill myself, I imagine it would be very doable to make this work natively on a Mac. Using OS X's Terminal app, you can easily telnet into a remote server. And the text in the "SACD.cmd" file probably could be used with a Mac either as-is or with minimal translation, since it just calls the SACD_extract app and sets some flags.

The real issue, of course, would be porting the SACD_extract.exe app to the Mac. Since it's less than 1MB in size, I would guess that it's not super-complex and that someone knowledgeable in Windows and Mac coding could easily do it, especially since it wouldn't have to have a graphic user interface (being triggered from the command line).

So, I'm running it on Win10 and while the telnet check fails, with a connection refused, I went ahead and run the sacd_extract.exe and it's running ! My advice is double check the player IP address and make certain it pings, then edit the cmd file with the correct IP, leaving everything else alone.

Big thanks to ted_b and grill!!!!

I just ripped an SACD with a BDP-105 (Modwright) to my Win 10 PC. Super simple. Now to get all those SHM-SACD onto the NAS.

I am ecstatic. :D

-H

Edit: BTW, I follow grill's procedure where I copied the two folders onto a USB key. Disabled Auto Play and Auto Resume on the player. Plugged the USB key into the front port and the opened up. Went to my PC and opened a command prompt window (DOS box). Navigated to where the extract_extract folder is and ran the edited sacd.cmd file. It made the ISO just like that.

The real issue, of course, would be porting the SACD_extract.exe app to the Mac. Since it's less than 1MB in size, I would guess that it's not super-complex and that someone knowledgeable in Windows and Mac coding could easily do it, especially since it wouldn't have to have a graphic user interface (being triggered from the command line).

There is a sacd_extract version for OS X in this package: http://dsd.sonore.us/iso2dsd_OSX_v6.zip. Maybe that one works for this procedure.

There is a sacd_extract version for OS X in this package: http://dsd.sonore.us/iso2dsd_OSX_v6.zip. Maybe that one works for this procedure.

Who's going to try first!

Me! Using this method, substituting the Mac Java GUI, I am currently happily ripping the multichannel layer of my recently-purchased AF copy of Breezin'.:)

Fantastic!

Can you do a brief 'how to' guide. Thanks, in advance.

If ISO2DSD for Mac works for ripping with its GUI, does that mean the Windows version of ISO2DSD would also work with its GUI, eliminating the need for telnet access to the player?

That would simplify the process significantly and make it more comfortable for all useres, regardless of the OS.

If ISO2DSD for Mac works for ripping with its GUI, does that mean the Windows version of ISO2DSD would also work with its GUI, eliminating the need for telnet access to the player?

That would simplify the process significantly and make it more comfortable for all useres, regardless of the OS.

I can't imagine it wouldn't work just the same on Windows or Linux, though I don't run any operating system but OS X, so I can't test it myself. I thought @grill had already established Telnet access was unnecessary even using the CLI, as long as the player is on the same local network as the computer?

- JediJoker