IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

1 hour ago, wedgeworld said:

If so should I perhaps try a different thumb drive with the script on it? I have verified my drive is Fat32 and the script contents are there in the correctly named folder.

I now have put the autoscript folder on a new smaller fat32 stick that is only 4gb. I also discovered I had a stick in the rear port as well, which I removed. 
Partial success. The door of the oppo 105D now opens when I put the stick in. It did not before. 
However I still get the Failed to connect libsacdread:can't open 192.168.1.77:2002

so frustrating.

17 minutes ago, wedgeworld said:

I now have put the autoscript folder on a new smaller fat32 stick that is only 4gb. I also discovered I had a stick in the rear port as well, which I removed. 

Yes, this is a problem.  Try power cycling the player with no USB memory and then insert the one with Autoscript.

7 hours ago, mindset said:

Yes, this is a problem.  Try power cycling the player with no USB memory and then insert the one with Autoscript.

The door opens as it is supposed to now. But I still get the errors from the iso2dsd_gui app. But at least I'm getting closer.
I thought about hardwiring my mac directly to the Oppo with the ethernet cable.

On 7/22/2016 at 5:30 PM, ted_b said:

his is how it looks with BDP-160:

– extract to a root of clean USB stick AutoScript folder for the 160 from my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gnpma48ceil80w5/AABdmZyVGf8PTo5mq3kRLIEOa?dl=0

and rename it to AutoScriptSACD

Trying to download the SACD_extract_BDP160/170 zip file from your drop box but cannot open it.  New to this I am afraid - have a BDP170 and a load of my own SACDs but now no SACD player so want to rip the DSD.  I have downloaded the sacd_extract_exe file for the computer, but cannot get the other for the data stick.  Sorry, but would appreciate any help.

Mitch

9 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I just checked; looks like everything is still there on my db.

Thanks for the reply.  I am not used to DB.  I can see the 106 folder but when I download there is no file type - and I had expected a zip with 2 files in it.  This may be just my ineptitude!  I will try again.  Pioneer 170 arrives tomorrow so was just trying to get ready to rip my SACDs which have been unplayed since I changed my CD player to one that cannot deal with SACDs.

Thank you

Mitch

just click the "Download" button (upper right corner) and you'll get a zip file with everything

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

1 hour ago, ted_b said:

I just checked; looks like everything is still there on my db.  Anyone else have issues?  I could be wrong.

I just realized I never looked at the top for a player model. I have been unable to rip my first SACD. I have the Oppo 105D and the packet I downloaded from your dropbox just says SACD. No brand or model.  Is it possible my issues are because I don't have the correct autoscript for my player?

16 minutes ago, wedgeworld said:

I just realized I never looked at the top for a player model. I have been unable to rip my first SACD. I have the Oppo 105D and the packet I downloaded from your dropbox just says SACD. No brand or model.  Is it possible my issues are because I don't have the correct autoscript for my player?

I also have the OPPO 105D.   I made a post recently which had the necessary files as an attachment.  Look for it and download it.

1 hour ago, sefischer1 said:

I also have the OPPO 105D.   I made a post recently which had the necessary files as an attachment.  Look for it and download it.

I found it. Since you have the OPPO 105D, should my OPPO show an actual network in the set up page for network? It shows no name and 0/0 to the right. It is connected via ethernet to the internet. Fixed IP.  It was also connected to the internet via wireless. Netflix and all that work. But nothing on that network page. 

I'll try your download and report back.

6 hours ago, sefischer1 said:

Found it , downloaded it. Same Failed To Connect error. Since you have the 105 are there any other settings I might have wrong?
Would having the USB wireless antennae plugging into the back cause any problems? 

On 7/22/2016 at 8:43 PM, reeve_mike said:

No telnet needed.

I just put the USB stick in the Oppo, loaded a SACD and ran ISO2DSD on the Mac using "Server Input".

May I ask what and where is "server input". Still can't extract using my Oppo 105D. 
Ooops, had to come back and edit this (can you delete a post?). Server input in the isotodsd app. I get it.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:10 AM, haggis999 said:

If you check Page 1 of this thread you will see a link to my detailed instructions for ripping SACDs using an Oppo 103 or 105. This contains links to all the required files.

So the problem was the autoscript files. It was recommended I try the ones listed in this thread and it worked perfectly for me. http://www.hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/page-2

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten this to work with an Oppo UDP-203? After searching this thread and others I am getting mixed information as to whether it is even possible due to a different chip set than the BDP-105. I have tried, but keep getting "Failed to connect - can't open XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:2002 for reading." 

Any advice is appreciated.

53 minutes ago, Danman said:

Has anyone gotten this to work with an Oppo UDP-203? After searching this thread and others I am getting mixed information as to whether it is even possible due to a different chip set than the BDP-105. I have tried, but keep getting "Failed to connect - can't open XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:2002 for reading." 

Any advice is appreciated.

This only works on the specific players that are listed as supported, so only the Oppo BDP-10x players and the supported players from the other manufacturers (Sony, etc.).  As you say, the UDP-20x players have a different chipset.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:58 PM, pl_svn said:

just click the "Download" button (upper right corner) and you'll get a zip file with everything

Thanks for all the help.  Have now ripped most of my SACDs successfully with my Pioneer BDP170.  

Is there a list of the all the players that can be used for the ripping process anywhere please?

Thanks 

Mitch