IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

On 10/12/2018 at 8:08 PM, likearollingstone said:

does he have another box to try? usually people have more than 1 PC

This ended up being the easy answer, though I bet the other machine did hang, probably due to using the Quit button, so I bet he can get it going on that machine too with the full reboot suggested by @sefischer1.

In the meantime an older Notebook PC worked on the first shot. Both run Windows 10, I guess the other possibility is some kind of Norton activity (or similar) on the newer PC suddenly closing Port 2002. Seems strange the rip would apparently start and then abruptly stop like that.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Hi there,

I used to rip using my Oppo 105 but now I tried after a few months and nothing is happening. The player has the exactaly same configuration, so what am I doing wrong?

- Copy AutoExtract folder to an USB flash drive FAT32
- Plug into Oppo while he's turned off

- Turn on the Oppo and wait to magic happens... but... No tray ejected.

I'm really confuse here!

Cheers

5 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

Hi, here are three new compilations of SACD_EXTRACT based on setmind's latest sources for the most common OSes.

For everyone's convenience, I have included his new SACDExtractGUI.

SACDExtractGUI v0.1-5-g97d05f95

sacd_extract version 0.3.9@setmind-8-gae5301f0419644a946479cb9b59bdd5c6cfcf71e

Linux x64 package: sacd_extract-LINUX-v0.3.9@setmind_git_2018-10-08.zip

macOS x64 package: sacd_extract-MACOS-v0.3.9@setmind_git_2018-10-08.zip

Windows x64 package: sacd_extract-WINDOWS-v0.3.9@setmind_git_2018-10-08.zip

Happy ripping & USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Awesome, I'd love to test the new Windows version here but I left my Win10 machine at the office for the weekend.

In the meantime, Concurrent mode on macOS Mojave 10.14 working perfectly:

Concurrent-Done.thumb.jpg.642ad5f38a403e3cda8052f0e48107f7.jpg

Thanks again!

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

8 hours ago, ledones said:

Hi there,

I used to rip using my Oppo 105 but now I tried after a few months and nothing is happening. The player has the exactaly same configuration, so what am I doing wrong?

I'm really confuse here!

Cheers

I believe this version of the AutoScript folder should work for you.  I'm using an OPPO 105D and am controlling the rip using the Sonore application from a Windows PC, specifying the appropriate IP address assigned to the OPPO player.  I like to use a fixed address on the OPPO so that I don't have to look it up every time I want to do a rip.

SACD.zip

On 10/20/2018 at 10:37 AM, Nexus3 said:

Hi, here are three new compilations of SACD_EXTRACT based on setmind's latest sources for the most common OSes.

For everyone's convenience, I have included his new SACDExtractGUI.

SACDExtractGUI v0.1-5-g97d05f95

sacd_extract version 0.3.9@setmind-8-gae5301f0419644a946479cb9b59bdd5c6cfcf71e

Linux x64 packagesacd_extract-LINUX-v0.3.9@setmind_git_2018-10-08.zip

macOS x64 packagesacd_extract-MACOS-v0.3.9@setmind_git_2018-10-08.zip

Windows x64 packagesacd_extract-WINDOWS-v0.3.9@setmind_git_2018-10-08.zip

Happy ripping & USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Got this warning when downloading the Windows version with Chrome- any thoughts? Linux & Mac versions downloaded without warning :

Google Chrome blocks downloads

Chrome automatically blocks harmful downloads that try to cause problems on your computer, like:

• Giving you viruses
  • Leaking your private data
  • Changing your browser and computer settings
  • Adding unwanted extensions or toolbars to your browser

Why the download was blocked

Your file download may have been blocked for one of two reasons:

• We think it might be a malicious, unwanted, or uncommon file.
    • Malicious: You tried downloading malware.
    • Unwanted: You tried downloading a deceptive piece of software. This program, disguised as a helpful download, may actually make unexpected changes to your computer.
    • Uncommon: You tried downloading an unfamiliar and potentially dangerous piece of software.
  • We've found that the website you tried to download the file from has been known to distribute malware.
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, ledones said:

Hi there,

I'm really confuse here!

Cheers

I suspect your IP address has changed for the BDP 105.  The default is to use DHCP for address assignment. Which means that the address can change whenever the OPPO or your network hardware is restarted. This is why I like to use a fixed or static address for the OPPO.  If you decide to use a fixed address, be sure to specify (and record it for your info) a unique one that is below the DHCP starting index.  I typically specify my router to use 100 and up for DHCP addresses, leaving 99 and below for static assignments.

Go into the setup screen of the OPPO and determine its' current IP address.

The from your PC, open a DOS command shell and issue a ping command using the Oppo's IP address such as:
ping 192.168.0.29    (replace the address with your players')

You should have successful IP communication. If not, fix it before going further.

2 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

1. Try IE, Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi, Safari and so on to download the file.

2. If in doubt - do NOT open the archive, but upload it to an online virus scanner platform like http://www.virscan.org or https://www.virustotal.com

3. Rip the d*"§!? SACD, enjoy the music and relax ?

Chrome will allow downloading if warning is ignored.

I thought it might be prudent to check the file at the source just to be safe since I directly downloaded your upload, hence my post.

Thanks for providing the downloads... my hope is that these are false positives, but apparently Google has has this function in Chrome since at least 2011 and this is the first warning I've ever received, so I wasn't even aware it existed. It's possible that Chrome flagged it because it contains a Windows .exe file with an additional java component; but I did download the original version you posted with no Chrome warning.

On 10/20/2018 at 4:37 PM, Nexus3 said:

Hi, here are three new compilations of SACD_EXTRACT

thank you so much, and... do these also work for Pioneer BDP-170s?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

18 hours ago, Nexus3 said:

1. Try IE, Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi, Safari and so on to download the file.

2. If in doubt - do NOT open the archive, but upload it to an online virus scanner platform like http://www.virscan.org or https://www.virustotal.com

3. Rip the d*"§!? SACD, enjoy the music and relax ?

VirusTotal results:

One engine detected this file:

AhnLab-V3

May differ from commercial off-the-shelf product. The company decides the particular settings with which the engine should run in VirusTotal.

Malware/Win64.Generic.C2612684

4 minutes ago, mindset said:

This is interesting.  I tried scanning the windows executable I compiled by myself at VirusTotal, and AhnLab-V3 detected Win64.Generic.C2612684.  After I remove  the debug symbol from the executable, no malware is detected at the same site.  I suspect false positive.

@Nexus3, you can try 

x86_64-w64-mingw32-strip sacd_extract.exe

to remove the debug symbol.  This will also make the file size smaller.

I'm only reporting results, and not making a judgement; I agree with you, this could be a false positive, but this is the problem with Java, there have been so many security issues with it for so long that people tend to err on the side of safety when there's a question. It has been so bad for so long that at one point Apple issued security update after security update, including one 'Java update' that actually removed Java from OS X. After that it was removed from OS X and only installed 'on-demand'. I checked two installations of 10.10.x, one that was a virgin install, and one that had the compiler tools installed on it. I found bits and pieces of Java-related code scattered throughout the system on both. The problem is, that with a normal Java installation, which installs a lot of other modules than are actually needed for execution (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1906445/what-is-the-difference-between-jdk-and-jre), it has been fairly easy to build and deploy exploits. JRiver MC uses Java for it's Bluray menu feature, but it is not available system-wide, it is only available to JRiver, thus eliminating it from being exploited by external programs. I've been trying to get more information about how it works, but so far have been stymied. I have done a deep search for Java components on a JRiver MC installed computer, and I can tell you that the only files I found that are associated with Java are within the JRiver application itself.

There are ways of running Java without installing JRE or wrapping it up with the application so it's not installed in the target OS, FYI some are mentioned in these threads:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3371535/running-java-without-installing-jre

http://burnignorance.com/java-web-development-tips/run-jar-without-jre-on-windows-machine/

https://engineering.purdue.edu/Stratigraphy/tscreator/tscpro/admin/build/launch4j_linux/web/docs.html

https://sourceforge.net/projects/launch4j/files/launch4j-3/3.9/

Launch4j has code for win, osx and linux, albeit the sourceforge link above is only 32-bit.

2 hours ago, BluRay444 said:

I'm only reporting results, and not making a judgement; I agree with you, this could be a false positive, but this is the problem with Java, there have been so many security issues with it for so long that people tend to err on the side of safety when there's a question. 

The file the virus scan flagged is sacd_extract.exe which has nothing to do with Java.  So Java is not the problem regarding the virus scan result.

Hello,
I have a Yamaha BD-A1060 but I do not know if it is equipped with the MT8580 or 8560.
Not finding the info on the net, I decided to do the manipulation as if he owned the chip.

When I follow the procedure everything goes correctly (reading the USB key and opening the drive.) I put the SACD and I close.

I enter the IP address and I run in iso2dsd and I get the following error message:

Failed to connect
libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.0.17:2002 for reading

do you have an idea?

thank you so much

1 hour ago, stephmusicien said:

When I follow the procedure everything goes correctly (reading the USB key and opening the drive.) I put the SACD and I close.

not "close", but POWER OFF

so the drawer opens, you put SACD in and then POWER OFF

the idea here is that the player is "sleeping" and the SACD is just sitting in there

1 hour ago, likearollingstone said:

not "close", but POWER OFF

That's the Sleep-Server method.  But that only works with Sony players, as far as is known.

We don't know whether the Yamaha (if it really will run SACD_Extract_160) acts like an Oppo, Pioneer, or a Sony.

My first step would to see whether the telnet exploit works and gather some information about the chipset.

This Yamaha is a fairly recent player -- 2016, from what it says on Amazon.

1 hour ago, likearollingstone said:

ahhh...good to know!!

By the way, I did not intend to be abrupt and shut down your idea.

The sleep-server method might work with this player and there is no harm in trying it. 

I was just focused on urging the owner to try to figure out the chipset  of this player so we would have more information to compare it to the known players -- Oppo, Pioneer, and Sony -- to see which method would work.

8 hours ago, Phthalocyanine said:

The best way to get a sense of what is going on with this player is connect with telnet.

I second this.  I suggest running the following command to check the Linux kernel version on the player if it's accessible via telnet:

uname -r

The sacd_extract program on the player side is only compatible with this kernel version:

Linux sony-player 2.6.35 #1 PREEMPT Sun Nov 30 15:59:53 CST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux