I,m looking to upgrade from a pretty basic Musical Fidelity VDac2 to something exceptional,I have a nice spinner in my system but find myself enjoying music more at home using my computer so I want to upgrade.

I,m looking at a Schiit Yggarsil,one of my questions is will my current amp/setup do it justice? I have a Rouge Crounus Magnum speakers are AV123 Strata minis running Macbook Pro/Audivana Audioquest Carbon cable? From what I have the Yggy pairs well with tubes?

Other one is I have emailed Schiit twice with "I,m interested in purchasing"...... and have not had a reply 3 weeks now,so hmm?

I have read quite a few threads on here and from the descriptions I would like the Yggy... anyone offering a listen within a few hours of central ohio that would be awesome (but I won't push my luck with only 2 posts :P )

Anywho thoughts/recommendations are welcome,thanks.

Hey Limey, welcome to CA! I'm not familiar with your AV123 speakers, but the Rogue Cronus Magnum is a fine tube integrated and an exceptionally high value product. I would expect it to be a fine match with the Yggdrasil but unfortunately there is no substitute for trying it in your own system. Good luck and let us know what you decide, then enjoy the tunes!

My Rouge amp does not have balanced outputs,much will that effect the sound?

Tubelover audio.bill thanks for the replies.

The nice thing about putting in a really good front end is that as you upgrade your downstream components you will uncover better sound instead of the opposite.

I think that balance outputs might be a bit better but not by a heap. Having them available will make your choice somewhat future proof.

I have a Yggy and love it...

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

The nice thing here is Schiit still offers a 15 day at home trial of their excellent products, so you can try the Yggy in your own system and evaluate it.

JC

Honestly the only reason I have not ordered yet is they have not responded to me emails....I dunno?

I initially was going to post in the title of the thread something negative about not getting a reply but did not want to start a schiit storm......

They may need to hire a intern to help them do their admin,to not answer emails after 3 or 4 weeks is not becoming.

Yes I've sent them two emails....both have been returned to me after 24 hours with a DAEMON notice saying that their server was taking too long to respond.

Which I take to mean as offline.

Kind of...odd?

Of course, it might have helped if I'd spelled their url correctly...

Hey Limey, welcome to CA! I'm not familiar with your AV123 speakers, but the Rogue Cronus Magnum is a fine tube integrated and an exceptionally high value product. I would expect it to be a fine match with the Yggdrasil but unfortunately there is no substitute for trying it in your own system. Good luck and let us know what you decide, then enjoy the tunes!

I am using a Rogue Cronus Magnum II with the Yggy and Kef ls50's and it is an exceptional combination . The Rogue was much better than the Primaluna Prologue Premium Amp .

I am using a Rogue Cronus Magnum II with the Yggy and Kef ls50's and it is an exceptional combination . The Rogue was much better than the Primaluna Prologue Premium Amp .

Good to know,the Rouge is a keeper.

Ask away.........we know a lot. Pretty knowledgeable people here and lots of comments all over. Head Fi too.

Hey thanks.

You sure you spelled their url correctly? (I didn't)

Hit the link right from their site.

Yea that's long, call them.

I would actually advise against calling them. They're pretty upfront about the fact that they are much faster and efficient at support if you email them vs. calling.

If I am anything, I am a music lover and a pragmatist.

Why wouldn't your amp work with it?

Not that it wouldn't work but work well?

When I buy a part for my car I can ask a group of friends and they will tell me the real deal,I have been in that hobby 20 years and know enough by now.

This hobby is different because you somehow have to cobble buying your widget from non traditional sources,not auditioning in person but piecing together the puzzle and hopefully getting what you want.

I understand you can return it however I would prefer just research and buy and keep what I want.

I would actually advise against calling them. They're pretty upfront about the fact that they are much faster and efficient at support if you email them vs. calling.

Yes, they responded to my email right away...once I typed the correct email address...

Not that it wouldn't work but work well?

When I buy a part for my car I can ask a group of friends and they will tell me the real deal,I have been in that hobby 20 years and know enough by now.

This hobby is different because you somehow have to cobble buying your widget from non traditional sources,not auditioning in person but piecing together the puzzle and hopefully getting what you want.

I understand you can return it however I would prefer just research and buy and keep what I want.

Not trying to be a jerk, but you're asking an outlandish question: you're essentially pre-supposing they've gone out and listened to every single amp that could possibly be used with their dac(s). Then they're going to tell you how you will or won't like it; seriously?

Additionally, I can tell you they don't comment on competitor's products.