IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

When I start setup again it just install main driver and then pops up asio with repair or uninstall. But that's only for asio.

Anyway I use now most of the time hqplayer and I don't have roon. So w2016 in core mode is useless for me even if I would somehow got those drivers working.

Hi Phil,

Im running now this beta on W2012R2 and I'm struggling with HQPlayer 314b8. It shows in core mode "The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". So I copied all the api files then it wanted avrt.dll then opengl32.dll then glu32.dll . And on the end I got this.

ao.jpg

I checked this file is in this folder so I hit the wall. I will make new installation of windows with AO 2.0 and check if it's the same problem.

Hi

I would not yet reinstall but rather get the HqPlayer Developer on board.

Its hetting time that all those different vendors of players make their stuff work in Core mode on their own.

Cheers,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Win Server is not a supported platform for HQP. I don't think you'll get much help from Miska in that regard at this time.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

Then he needs to get things started and make it a supported platform.

LOL....well, I'll leave that conversation for you and @Miska to have.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

I think it's not enough people playing hqplayer in core mode as most of users like roon as control point. For me roon have too big impact in sound quality.

Hqplayer got new GUI in 3.14 which need visual c++ and it's hard or impossible to install that in core mode. The best option would be to leave for users in settings which version of gui they want. Good that 2012 have minimal mode and it's nearly as good as core mode.

One more thing for new HQPlayer users. Programmer changed installation folder from Program Files(x86) to Program files so You can't anymore replace shell in minimal or core mode. But You can just move files to the old folder location or during installation change location.

One more thing for new HQPlayer users. Programmer changed installation folder from Program Files(x86) to Program files so You can't anymore replace shell in minimal or core mode. But You can just move files to the old folder location or during installation change location.

Yes, I noticed that as well when HQplayer stopped loading at boot with the AO shell command. Phil, where is the registry string for shell? I can fix it there.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

So HQPlayer is now a 64Bit application and no longer 32Bit. Good to know, thank you!

It was 64Bit in previous version also. But both installations was going to x86 folder. Now it goes to correct program files folder depend from version You want to install. So it makes a little problem in AO menu now to replace shell.

Hi Phil,

as Windows Server 2016 has been released a few days ago, I have two questions regarding upcoming AO 2.10.

1) Which OS in conjunction with AO 2.10 would you recommend to achieve best audio- results (Windows Server 2012/ Windows 10/ Windows Server 2016)?

2) Windows Server 2016 has different editions. Which one would you recommend for AO 2.10?

Martin

Hi Phil,

as Windows Server 2016 has been released a few days ago, I have two questions regarding upcoming AO 2.10.

1) Which OS in conjunction with AO 2.10 would you recommend to achieve best audio- results (Windows Server 2012/ Windows 10/ Windows Server 2016)?

- Windows Server 2012 R2 is most stable, AO fine-tuned for it since three years -> fantasti sound and "bullet-proof"

- Windows 10, the cheapest way. Windows ist a now a "Service". Every cumulative Update means a complete reinstallation. New Features "every day", etc. This makes it a bit more complex for every software developer. Also Microsoft hasn't done a very good job lately with updates. Many of them brok a few things, no so good. In my opinion it does not sound as good as Windows Server 2012 R2

in Core Mode, but that was to be expected since the OS is much more "fat". But again, it's super cheap, so as entry-level

solution its a good thing.

- Windows Server 2016, is brand new. It brings a lot of new hurdles. it's no longer possible to switch between GUI and Core, this results in many driver-related issues in Core Mode. It's often needed to install, uninstall and then re-install a DAC/DDC driver untill it works in Core Mode. But not all Drivers offer proper Uninstall-Routines, so it's difficult to get the driver off the system to reinstall it which makes KS work in the end together with AO 2.10 Beta 4+.

Aside from that Server 2016 Core is much smaller than 2012 R2 Core. Sound-wise thats a very good thing, but this also means the loss of many functionalities. Time will show what all we will be missing... Not so easy as well. On top of that Microsoft completely removed minimal-server mode which offered WLAN and WASAPI out of the box. We no longer have this option now which is a huge loss as well

At least sound-quality wise Server 2016 in Core is my personal King!

2) Windows Server 2016 has different editions. Which one would you recommend for AO 2.10?

Same rules like for Server 2012 R2. It does not really matter. Standard and Datacenter are the same (its just a different licensing model). Essentials will be like Standard/Datacenter after using ServiceTool's "Prepare Essential Edition".

____________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

Since some days 2016 Core is working fine up to 192kHz with both, asio or kernel streaming with me.

Let's look into some details:

2016 Gui

All optimizations work fine.

Microsofts improved performance of the audio section and the kernel itself end up in a better sq in my system in comparison to R2.

The whole software package runs even better used as RamOS.

Phil still has to do fine tuning and additional work on closing some security processes etc. of MS.

2016 Core

Kernel streaming works great as well as asio with lowest latency

AO's optimizations working fine.

As the system is even more smoothed and stabilized, the sq of Core is superseding 2016 Gui, something we already know from R2.

Manual processing of driver installation is a challenge and not simple.

I am happy to announce that with Mutec's MC3.1+ USB I have been for the first time able to achieve a perfect running system in 2016 Core mode. My dedicated player PC runs flawless since some days with KS or Asio. I am sure that Mr. Peters, Managing Director of Mutec, will be proud to manufacture one of the first audio devices working fine with 2016 Core Mode! For the first test I used Foobar 1.3.13, Mutec's driver set to lowest latency with 192kHz sample rate. JPlay is next to come.

Allthough I have been successfull to install the firadisk driver, it is unfortunately not running correct. Therefore I can't use Core mode as RamOS at the moment because the booting device is not recognized correctly.

Breakthrough has been the success of Phil and his team, once again making KS available in Core. With the Core mode as a standalone installation, it is much more complicate as with R2 where you could individualize the system in Gui and then switch to Core. Now everything has to be done manually like in a black box. Phil, you are working on some helpfull features, don't you?

Talking about sq after AO optimization, something like this order seems to work out:

W10 < R2 Core < R2 Core RamOS <= 2016 Gui < 2016 Gui RamOS <= 2016 Core

Enjoy the music ;)

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Folks

The first time ever we're announcing a "double-release". Few days ago AO 2.10 was sent out and one day later AO 2.20 Beta 1 was released as well. So let's have a quick look at the change logs, AO 2.10 first:

AudiophileOptimizer 2.10

- Update for Windows 10 Build 1067 (Anniversary Update)

- Dedicated update notification feature for beta versions of AO

- Several bugfixes for Chinese Windows 10

- Disable OneDrive/Defender also available in advanced mode

- Roon support question no longer asked if Roon Support is already installed

- Several cosmetics

- Minor Bugfixes

ServiceTool 2.10

- Update of DriverHelper

- Update of Shell Replacement for HQPlayer (new path)

- "Prepare Essentials Edition" feature visible again in ServiceTool

- Shell Replacement feature now offers two pages of shell replacements

- Added MediaMonkey shell replacement

- Added RoonBridge shell replacement

- Several bugfixes for Chinese Windows 10

- Several cosmetics

Setup 2.10

- Update of the PDF Guide

- Several cosmetics

AudiophileOptimizer 2.10 is the latest official release. It is highly recommended for all AO users, no matter if they are using Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 or Windows 10, to update to AO 2.10. AO 2.10 does not work on Windows Server 2016. For AO 2.00 users there will be no new key needed. User still on 1.30 or 1.40 can get the upgrade via our download portal.

AudiophileOptimizer 2.20 Beta 1:

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- Support for Windows Server 2016 Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- Removed Support for Windows Server 2016 TP5 (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- LockScreen disabled for Windows Server 2016

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows Server 2016

- Update of MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2016

- Kernel-Streaming for Windows Server 2016 in Core Mode

(without the need to press F8 during boot)

ServiceTool 2.20

- Fix & Update for HQPlayer Shell Replacement, detects x86 or x64 path of HQP

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation

- Update of Windows Server 2016 WLAN support

- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016

(since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

Setup 2.20

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation

- Update of the PDF Guide

2017-01-17_201548.png

Enjoy it,

AudioPhil