IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

My wishes for AO 3.0:

1/  Similar to a high-end Canon camera, there would be 2 to 3 Custom Settings named C1, C2, C3.  AO will be capable of memorizing, logging, and saving user's settings into those custom holders.  Next time the user configures the AO, he/she just picks C1 or C2 or C3 with a keystroke and bam, AO will swiftly fly thru those presets without errors and time consuming efforts.

2/ AO provides options for the tinkering user to further optimize his/her server at his/her own risk.  For instance, killing/disabling certain services/processes the user feels unnecessary, enabling/disabling certain OS features the user needs/doesn't need.

3/ Similar to a high speed broadband service, AO would provide a tool by which the user can use to monitor, measure and tune his/her system's audio performance, before and after changing a setting.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

2 hours ago, Anto said:

Store the current configuration of AO in order to apply with 1 click in a future reinstallation.

Love this idea!

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

2 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Folks

Thank you very much for all the ideas! :)Sorry for my online absence. I had a minor surgery last week and am now back at home recovering, so far all good.

I take note of every single one. Those which are technically possible and doable within reasonable time will be included in AO 3.00. Please keep the ideas coming!

Very best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil, wish you a speedy recovery. Take care and have more rest. Best wishes.

On 12/1/2018 at 3:56 AM, spacexpert said:

As a JPLAY Femto user I would like a quick way of turning the internet on without having to reset everything.   

That would be useful indeed instead of resetting optimizations and running AO again.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:12 AM, thuandb said:

My wishes for AO 3.0:

1/  Similar to a high-end Canon camera, there would be 2 to 3 Custom Settings named C1, C2, C3.  AO will be capable of memorizing, logging, and saving user's settings into those custom holders.  Next time the user configures the AO, he/she just picks C1 or C2 or C3 with a keystroke and bam, AO will swiftly fly thru those presets without errors and time consuming efforts.

2/ AO provides options for the tinkering user to further optimize his/her server at his/her own risk.  For instance, killing/disabling certain services/processes the user feels unnecessary, enabling/disabling certain OS features the user needs/doesn't need.

3/ Similar to a high speed broadband service, AO would provide a tool by which the user can use to monitor, measure and tune his/her system's audio performance, before and after changing a setting.

1 and 2 is good stuff. What kind of monitoring, measuring and tuning do you mean in point 3?

On 12/1/2018 at 6:57 AM, Herman17 said:

Could you make the dialogs consistent, either Y(es)/N(o) or E(nable)/D(isable).

Yes!

On 12/10/2018 at 12:03 AM, Anto said:

Store the current configuration of AO in order to apply with 1 click in a future reinstallation.

And yes.

As an AO rookie I don't have suggestions of my own. Well Herman beat me to it. Specifically when asked to use the USBPAL driver after a series of disable/enable questions I need to read twice which interrupts the flow. Minor thing ofcourse but easy to rephrase?

If anything I think the manual could do with some work. I'm not a IT-guy but carefully saying that I have reasonably good basic understanding of Windows and yet quite a bit isn't clear the first time or even first few times. I'd fancy doing revision tasks and as a suggestion, the manual needs a short version next to detailed existing one in my opinion.

Merry XMAS @all

Phil, have a suggestion now. Windows build in 'On-Screen Keyboard' (OSK) has proved a very handy discovery since I've started using AO. Now that I went from GUI to Core mode which enabled me to unplug both mouse and keyboard it's so convenient for making quick changes. An idea that AO automatically launches OSK after it's done loading the system? One physical device to look after less.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil,

Suggestion for AO 3.0.

We need a shell that point to a .bat or a ,exe.

Currently, I am running JRMC in Windows Server 2016 Core with a portable installation.  The shell doesn't work and I need to manually run a bat file to start up the JRiver Media Center manually.   Why can't we set up a universally start file using the shell?  Let us pick which file to start up.

Thanks!

(Audio)

Hello Audio

It is the very first time that i hear that JRiver shell should not work? AO 2.20 supports JRiver version 17 - 24 as shell replacement, both x86 and x64 versions. What version of AO and JRiver are you using? Are you sure you put the JRIver installation at the same location it would be if you directly installed it on a GUI installation? please check again and make sure it is in the 100% identical location like a normal installation.

We are currently at Beta 25 on AO 3.00 and the custom shell you wish for is already in place! :) by editing the custom cmd file you can launch as shell whatever you wish for.

All the best for 2019! :)

Best wishes,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

On 1/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, JazzDoc said:

I presume that I am correct in thinking that AO 3.00 will be compatible with Windows Server 2019 Phil. Can you please provide any information on when this beta will go public?

Hi

Indeed, AO 3.00 also brings compatibility with Server 2019. You will know when the beta is available to public. :)

Best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 10:35 AM, kelvinwsy said:

Hi I am already testing Win Server 2019 This weekend.. Trying to run it from a USB stick hence a bit of delay

Can I be a beta tester for AO 3.0 beta?

Thx

Hello

We will publish information about how to get into beta testing of AO 3.00 very soon.

Best,

AudioPhil

Tried for 5 Days ,.. gave up trying to load WinServer2019 onto a USB Stick

Rufus and loaded WinServer 2019 onto my 64gb SSD of my 8650U i7 quad core.. First mode was Core mode No GUI Data Exchange version.. Loaded everything ..Ok ..Then problem

Ran into trouble Hqplayer had a 0xc000007b exe error.. Tried all solutions.. Couldnt get it to work.. Reloaded the GUI modecof the Data Exchange version. Reloaded drivers and Hqplayer 3.5.2..WORKED At first trial.. 73 processes and loaded free version of Fidelizer 8

67 processes now

The i7 quad core 8650u fanless server replaced my i7 6700k highly filtered server..-The NAA us the SOTM SM200 Ultra Neo:Isoregen/LPS1.0/Ultracap/LT3045 to iFi idsd micro BL .. 2 AN Quest Silver 300b mono driving Senn HD800

Comparision to Win2016 Core running on my i7 6700k .. the 8650u can do DSD 256 44k upsampling using Non-adaptive filters 

A slightly noisier than my 6700k .. on live albums not so black background

But using my fav test tracks.. WinServer 2019 is a Winner.. I am buying another Another SSD load it to my 6709k and do a closer comparison

It is a WINNER.. better tonality sweeter treble and better bass.. maybe the fanless 8650u is the reason but let the second SSD Trial we will see!!