SO, I'm planning to get a DAC and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 looks pretty good. To judge whether it'll be a good DAC for me, I produce music (not professionally, but just amateur/novice productions, with guitar, piano, vocal etc) and I listen to music. A LOT. Plus, I'm pursuing audio production and engineering so sound quality is a requirement.

Anyways, will connecting the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 24/7 to the computer destroy or fry it's internal parts? I'm quite scared of that happening.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

the 2i2 works just fine as a dac. in fact it works just fine as a preamp too (using the volume control). not the ultimate in sound, but a very versatile solution.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Should not be a problem. The 2i2 isn't fragile in the sense it will burn itself up. You could leave it powered up without concerns.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

SO, I'm planning to get a DAC and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 looks pretty good. To judge whether it'll be a good DAC for me, I produce music (not professionally, but just amateur/novice productions, with guitar, piano, vocal etc) and I listen to music. A LOT. Plus, I'm pursuing audio production and engineering so sound quality is a requirement.

Anyways, will connecting the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 24/7 to the computer destroy or fry it's internal parts? I'm quite scared of that happening.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

Many professional audio products are built like a tank to withstand abuses. It's really supposed to be turned on 24/7 (notice there is no power switch.)

you actually can't turn the 2i2 on and off -- it's usb powered, so it get it's power from the computer its connected to.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100