IGNORED

ELAC Discovery Music Server - COMING IN EARLY JULY - RESERVE YOURS TODAY

ELAC-Discovery_musicserver-back.jpg

ELAC DISCOVERY MUSIC SERVER (DS-101-G) - $1099

Discover the world of computer audio without the computer.

With their latest release, ELAC continues to set the bar for more affordable high-performance audio equipment. Their latest entry is the Discovery Music Server, which at $1099 offers a high-end music server solution at a much more accessible price than most of what's available on the market. With its Tidal and AirPlay integration, ability to be used as a Roon endpoint, as well as multi-room support with synchronized audio, the Discovery Music Server looks to be a great solution for music lovers of all types.

The Discovery Music Server is designed to be the heart of a serious music system, offering playback of local and streaming music, rich multi-dimensional metadata and multi-room audio, all with an interface that anyone can master in a few minutes.

Keeping in line with quality music, the lossless, high-fidelity music streaming service Tidal® has been tightly integrated into the Discovery’s software*. Content from your local collection and content from Tidal are presented in the same beautiful, easy-to-use interface.

It’s really very simple

The Discovery Music Server lets users open their personal music vault from another computer, Apple iPad or Android tablet. Whether your choice is a full ELAC system, powered by an ELAC integrated amplifier and running an ELAC loudspeaker system, or a pair of ear buds, you can listen in one room or around the house with other Discovery-compatible products.

ELAC has slated the Discovery Music Server for an early July release. For more information or to reserve yours, please visit us here

CONNECTIONS

Analog outputs (independent zones): 2

Coaxial output (independent zone): 1 (192kHz 24-Bit Max)

Optical output: 1 (192kHz 24-Bit Max)

USB port (mass storage class): 1 USB 2.0

Ethernet port: 1 Gigabit Ethernet

END POINT SUPPORT

Discovery

AirPlay

Roon End Point

CONTROL & USER INTERFACE

ROON Essentials Control app: For iOS (64-bit Devices), Android (4.4 and higher), Windows (7, 8, and 10) and Apple OSX (10.8 and higher)

FORMAT SUPPORT

Supported Audio Formats: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, OGG, MP3, AAC

192kHz 24-Bit Audio Formats: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC

Native Support for SPDIF/COAX: 24kHz – 192kHz

INTEGRATED STREAMING SERVICES: Tidal

Track Limit: 15,000 Tracks (Combination of Personal and Tidal Content)

PLAYBACK MODES

Gapless, Crossfade, Shuffle, and Repeat

MULTI-ROOM SUPPORT

Type: Wired and Wireless

Synchronized Audio: Yes

Discovery-Zones.png

This product qualifies for Free Shipping and 5% back in points when you register for Club Ciamara Membership Rewards Program

Logo 600x295.jpg

1.844.CIAMARA (1.844.242.6272)

ELAC-Discovery_musicserver-side.png

ELAC-discovery_iPadapp.jpg

Discovery-Tidal.png

Discovery-Album-Single.png

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

• 4 weeks later...

We're expecting to start shipping these to clients within the next couple of weeks.

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can this unit serve as three endpoints on an existing Roon system?

Yes, it offers End Point support for additional Discovery Servers and Roon Ready Endpoints.

Is the ELAC unit still limited if it's being used only as an endpoint and a full version of Roon is running on the LAN?

A full version of Roon can't talk to the Discovery running Roon Essentials. Strange but true.

Also, there are better and cheaper options if you just want a Roon endpoint.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris I need one digital endpoint and one analogue endpoint with a variable out. What options do you suggest? Sonic.build and sonicorbiter (plus a Dragonfly for analogue) both look interesting.

Audio Alchemy DMP-1 / Roon / Berkeley Alpha RS 2 / Constellation Monos / TAD R1s

Chris I need one digital endpoint and one analogue endpoint with a variable out. What options do you suggest? Sonic.build and sonicorbiter (plus a Dragonfly for analogue) both look interesting.

It's not that cut & dry, so I'm not sure what to recommend. The Sonore microRendu is terrific if you need USB output from an endpoint. The Sonicorbiter supports USB and optical, although I haven't tested its optical performance. The Auralic Aries also offers digital outputs of all types. For analog output, the DragonFly might work for you but you also might have some weird volume control issues. I can't tell you any specifics, but I'm just going by experience with devices such as the DF and Meridian Explorer when used with a device like a Sonicorbiter.

It it also depends on the level of quality you're looking for. Based on what I know about your system, you may want to consider a DAC that's also a Roon endpoint like the new Meridian DAC or Ayre network enabled DAC.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png