IGNORED

Linear Power Supply for Brooklyn. Which one you've ever tried?

Brooklyn DC input as its spec is 12v/6A 10-15W. sorry if i misunderstood. ^^

I found only 3 that matched to Brooklyn as the following.

TeraDak 12v/6.25A $236

HDPLEX Linear Power Supply 12v/7A $395

Uptone Audio JS-2 12v/5A-(10A Instantaneous) $925

Has anyone ever tried one of them? Please share your experience.

or do you have any other choices? please let me know.^^

Thanks.

TeraDak

20131025205978037803.jpg

20131025210016201620.jpg

HDPlex

HDplex01.jpg

HDplex02.jpg

JS-2

JS2 03.jpg

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

I've bought a Qualiaphysic one.

It's impact is transformational in terms of SQ IMO.

The noise level decreases markedly, micro and macro dynamics improve, as does sound stage and timing precision.

Timbres seem more correct too.

Music seems to get even more elegant and realistic.

They now sell the 271SV, 12v and 5.2 A:

qualiaphysic

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.-

Groucho Marx

The numbers 12V, 6A and 10-15W dont add up. Likely the 6A as it's very unlikely the Brooklyn will draw that much. [email protected] sounds more reasonable

It won't work with 1.5A.

Mytek recommends 4-6A for an external linear PSU.

Mine is 6.6A and works wonderfully.

Groucho Marx

It won't work with 1.5A.

Mytek recommends 4-6A for an external linear PSU.

Mine is 6.6A and works wonderfully.

I heard about this too. " Mytek recommended 4-6A of LPSU" but i forget where the soucre came from?

Could you give me that reference link? I will keep it for references because Mytek web only inform 12v.

Thanks.

and from sbooster website - Mytek require 10-12W (without headphone in use)

https://www.sbooster.com/mytek-brooklyn-dac-power-test/

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

and sbooster also mentioned that multi output LPSU is not sound good as single output LPSU.

High current LPSU and Battery are too slow to crank the current up for impact and transient.

Now i'm mailing to mytek to clarify this. Wait for the anwser. ^^

I heard about this too. " Mytek recommended 4-6A of LPSU" but i forget where the soucre came from?

Could you give me that reference link? I will keep it for references because Mytek web only inform 12v.

Thanks.

and from sbooster website - Mytek require 10-12W (without headphone in use)

https://www.sbooster.com/mytek-brooklyn-dac-power-test/

Sure:

https://mytekdigital.com/download_library/Brooklyn_DAC_Manual.pdf

Groucho Marx

Thanks Octavius. got it. 4-6A confirmed.

I have used the Uptone JS-2 with my Chord 2Qute and it is true, there is better overall sound than the wall-wart. The JS-2 is well built and has two outputs for two devices with adjustable voltage from 5 to 12. This thing is very flexible and would probably workout well with the Brooklyn.

I have also used the Channel Islands MKII which is a third of the price of the JS-2 and is a worthy contender. FYI this is my current LPSU as I sold the JS-2.

I also keep the Teradak around for those "just in case" moments and it has a separate 5V USB output which is tricky. This one is on backup duty for now.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

I'm using the HDPLEX 300W and it definitely lowered the noise floor so images seem to emerge from a black background. The Brooklyn without the LPS was already quiet and had great sound quality. The HDPLEX elevated it to a totally dead quiet level, while preserving the spatial cues of the recording. I'm very satisfied with the HDPLEX and it definitely made a huge difference in my system.

Brooklyn DC input as its spec is 12v/6A 10-15W. sorry if i misunderstood. ^^

I found only 3 that matched to Brooklyn as the following.

TeraDak 12v/6.25A $236

HDPLEX Linear Power Supply 12v/7A $395

Uptone Audio JS-2 12v/5A-(10A Instantaneous) $925

Has anyone ever tried one of them? Please share your experience.

or do you have any other choices? please let me know.^^

Thanks.

TeraDak

[ATTACH]26554[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26557[/ATTACH]

HDPlex

[ATTACH]26555[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26556[/ATTACH]

JS-2

[ATTACH]26558[/ATTACH]

I read about LPSU article in sbooster webiste.

they suggested to use a single output instead of multi output (I don't understand about their tech supported information)

and also suggested to don't use higher current than its spec (from my understanding). They said over high current is not fast enough to handle transient signal. It will effect on Note impact or something like that.

It makes me confused so much about LPSU things. It hard for me to understand...

I had both the HDPlex and the Uptone JS2 (and a TeddyPardo PSU), and I am sorry to report you get what you pay for. The JS2 was better and well worth the extra cost IMO.

Thanks

I already ordered the JS-2. Can't wait. ^^

• 7 months later...

I'd be interested in this too. And preferably from someone who let the Brooklyn really break in before changing to a linear PSU. It took a VERY long time to reach what I now consider to be very good SQ and breaking in the internal PSU may or may not be a big part of it.

I seem to recall the internal PSU is 3,5 A so my guess is that the recommendation from Mytek of 4-6A (or battery) is based on their view that it's the higher capacity itself that may improve SQ, not necessarily the fact that it's a linear PSU.

Musicarch do one also. I can't remember if 2 LPS-1's will do it or 1 expensive vinnie Rossi PS with his version of Ultra caps.

I didn't get a big jump of the Sbooster.. I thought I'd get more...

A balanced isolation transformer and a DC blocker filter made a nice boost in my home.

The blocker kills any hum and improves the Transformer output...

MCRU have showroom... Worth bringing your Brookie and cables for an audition?

Good luck

Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

on the power front I just received the power inspired AG500 SINE Wave generator to go with my Balanced Isolation transformer Airlink 1200.

It's huge and heavy but I agree with old threads I found. It gives a nice boost to SQ. More bass definition, deeper more Holographic stage.

These 2 and the Intona are the only kit I have had that instantly show an improvement.

I ordered a Noctua 80mm fan as stock was a bit loud. I can nearly hear it now on low speed.

Uk voltage in my area is 248 not 240..

Now outputs at 230 sine.

Early days stock cables ect but a no brainer so far ..just money as always..?

I didn't hear a real change with the 13v Sbooster and DC PURIFIER but they are still in the chain.

have fun all

Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Sorry to wake this thread after so long. Has anyone got any further experiences to add? I'm quite interested in the Brooklyn with the Mains-Cables-R-Us/Longdog linear PSU as MCRU sell it as an add-on for the Brooklyn here in the UK.

I have had the LPS from MCRU for a few months now and can certainly recommend it. The Brooklyn as stated in other replies was already good. As with the majority of improvements such as adding the Wyred 4 sound recovery, the silences become blacker and it seems to have more depth and rhythm. More musical if you like.

What I would like to know now is how much would a unit that betters the Brooklyn and LPS cost?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Sorry to wake this thread after so long. Has anyone got any further experiences to add? I'm quite interested in the Brooklyn with the Mains-Cables-R-Us/Longdog linear PSU as MCRU sell it as an add-on for the Brooklyn here in the UK.

After research, I selected an HDPLEX 300W. You can get a 100W for around $395USD. I'm now really glad that I selected HDPLEX as their customer service is first rate. I have not been exposed to any other LPS, so others may have a different experience with their LPS manufacturer customer service. I wanted to power my W4S RUR with my LPS but I lost the cable to replace the stock cable for the RUR. I contacted HDPlex' customer support and they sent me 2 cables for free. I just paid for shipping.

After research, I selected an HDPLEX 300W. You can get a 100W for around $395USD. I'm now really glad that I selected HDPLEX as their customer service is first rate. I have not been exposed to any other LPS, so others may have a different experience with their LPS manufacturer customer service. I wanted to power my W4S RUR with my LPS but I lost the cable to replace the stock cable for the RUR. I contacted HDPlex' customer support and they sent me 2 cables for free. I just paid for shipping.

I use an HD PLEX with my modified Mac mini and was very pleased with it. Just the currency rates at the moment

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

• 6 months later...

I have never experimented with hooking up a separate supply for audio gear before, so this may sound naive.

I would be tempted to have more faith in a lab supply.  5A is standard for the up to 18VDC, which would be more wattage than the included 30 watt supply (i.e. > 2.5A at 12V).  While a low transient recovery time supply cost more than the HDPLEX, it certainly costs less than the JS-2.

E.g. a Kikusui PMC-18-5 is around $525 and has a 50 microsecond transient recovery time with 5mv output regulation (0.5 mV ripple).

When given the option, I tend to trust the manufacturing processes and testing/controls of reputed lab equipment houses more....