IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Direct connection to a Mac/PC (beta)

On 12/20/2016 at 4:18 PM, vortecjr said:

These direct connections do not work with HQ Player / NAA.

Sorry to quote such an old post...but I am using an direct connection between my PC running HQP and another PC running NAA bridging a dual fiber NIC I have.  Can anyone confirm that got a MR working in NAA mode using a direct connection?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

11 hours ago, R1200CL said:

You of cause have the latest SW of everything ?

BJ cables ?

Stoppagges means music just stop in the middle of a song ?

Is it only related to playlists, or albums as well ?

No difference between Tidal and local content?

All SW is up  to date.

stoppages means music stops at the end of a song and doesn't go to the next song in the playlist

Tidal/local - not sure. It might happen more with Tidal, but it happens with both. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Some observations on the stoppage issue. Yesterday it took 8 attempts to start Hqp. Once started it played all day for 12 hours. Then in the evening I simply stopped Hqp without shutting off the dac or the uRendu. This am at 4:30 ( I am an insomniac) I hit the play button and everything has been working without stoppage since. So my theory is maybe it is Ethernet flow and connectivity to the uRendu that is important. Well I am sure there is another issue in Hqp but keeping the flow going helps to mitigate this issue. On the other hand maybe this has no bearing at all on the issue.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/10/2017 at 6:20 AM, vortecjr said:

The design intent is that the unit is connected to a router. This approach was provided as an alternative because it solves a specific use case. We have not conducted sound quality tests between the two schemes.

It has been my experience that direct connection to the Mac Ethernet Port was preferable in SQ as opposed to connection with a WiFi extender linked to my router.

Hytek

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, GryphonGuy said:

I started out using Windows 2016 on a virtual machine on my Synology NAS as host for Roon Core but found that Roon Core running as a package directly on the Synology NAS was a way more convenient and elegant solution.

Regards

GG

I dont have a NAS

setup.thumb.png.7768c124b30b6b8e019afe0742d8ff45.png This is my setup

1) W10 pro PC ( in Networks) sees Urendu (as computer and as media device), the NUC (WS2016) as computer; the router and itself

The PC is configured  in media sharing to share its library. When NUc is opened it asks for "network credentials: name  + psswrd , which are not setup yet

2) The mobile phone with its DLNA media player sees under "playback devices the Urendu

Under Media servers it sees only the the PC and under libraries its sees the music folders of the PC, which can be played, to urendu thru phone which is not the idea

3) The NUC in Networks, sees only itself as computer and when clicked shows "empty folder". It sees the PC only under media devices where it sees also the Urendu

==============

How to setup WS2016 so its library can be seen?

I am such an amateur it costs me weeks to sort this out

@kyrill, The compuer/NAS sending files to any Ethernet Renderer needs to runs a software capable of streaming music files over the network.  This means it has to be a DLNA server, or run some other Network streaming protocol (like ROON's RAAT, HQPlayer's NAA etc).  I am not familiar with "WS2016", this would be a question about WS2016.  If this OS calls itself a "server" then I would suspect it is DLNA compliant, is it?

In sonic orbiter have you set the the ultraRendu for MPD/DLNA in the audio app switcher?  Also, in your block diagram above you show the direct connection from the NUC to the ultraRendu-while it may be possible for this direct connection to work, it is not the standard way to do this, and to get things working I would first connect both the NUC and the ultraRendu to the router (make your blue connection above from the ultraRendu direct to the router).

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
22 hours ago, matthias said:

@vortecjr

@barrows

Hi,

would you please be so kind to try if Audirvana UPnP output from Mac works with the direct connection to a Rendu device?

Thank you.

Best

Matt

It should work. Are you having issues with this setup?

18 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

It should work. Are you having issues with this setup?

No, it is a requirement for a buying decision, so I must know if it works. 

Shall I ask in the software section on the Audirvana thread?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

3 hours ago, matthias said:

No, it is a requirement for a buying decision, so I must know if it works. 

Shall I ask in the software section on the Audirvana thread?

Thanks

Matt

By it, try it, and return it if it doesn't work. It should work thought.