IGNORED

Post images of the microRendu in your system here

IMG_20160612_160024.jpg

microRendu rendering FLAC from Synology NAS+Minimserver over Cat 6 with pro router and switches, powered by Teddy Pardo 9V PS (I had it already for a SOtM sMS-100), feeding to Schiit Bifrost Multibit>Schiit Asgard 2>MrSpeakers Alpha Prime. Even though DAC+headphone amp cost ~$750, low compared with lots of the gear discussed here, the microRendu really improved clarity and imaging, especially with respect to attack and decay, and the overall combination keeps drawing me into long listening sessions. Listening to a classic of 20th century atonal music, Stockhausen's "Mantra" played by Aloys and Alfons Kontarsky, originally recorded on DGG, long unavailable until a recent reissue by Stockhausen-Stiftung für Musik. Two pianos, prepared, percussion, and various electronic manipulations. I have the original vinyl issue, which I used to listen to decades ago, but I've never heard this piece so well delineated since my first exposure at a live performance by the Kontarsky brothers even longer ago. (For the curious, the books below the gear are a random mix of decades of study, work, and fun, waiting for new bookshelves to be properly organized).

Clean...

Thanks Jesus. It's really an amazing piece of gear you've helped design. Here's a full view of the "clean room." Actually it was just remodeled with new floors and rock wall in the ceilings, etc so sounds great. As you can see it's a domestic share so compromises have to be made. My four year old's sick today with Curious George on marathon rotation so the microrendu has to wait until sundown...:)

DSC_4505.jpg

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Here's a full view of the "clean room." Actually it was just remodeled with new floors and rock wall in the ceilings, etc so sounds great.

Those LS50s help, don't they? Had a pair with a Naim UnitiQute in my old, smaller living room, loved them. Had to trade them in for something beefier for a larger space when we moved, but no doubt the LS50 gives a lot in a small package.

It doesn't hurt that my wife, who usually rolls her eyes or just ignores whatever new black boxes are brought into the house, when prompted to check out the new ls50's said, "oh, those are sexy!" Knew they were keepers.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26982[/ATTACH]

microRendu rendering FLAC from Synology NAS+Minimserver over Cat 6 with pro router and switches, powered by Teddy Pardo 9V PS (I had it already for a SOtM sMS-100), feeding to Schiit Bifrost Multibit>Schiit Asgard 2>MrSpeakers Alpha Prime. Even though DAC+headphone amp cost ~$750, low compared with lots of the gear discussed here, the microRendu really improved clarity and imaging, especially with respect to attack and decay, and the overall combination keeps drawing me into long listening sessions. Listening to a classic of 20th century atonal music, Stockhausen's "Mantra" played by Aloys and Alfons Kontarsky, originally recorded on DGG, long unavailable until a recent reissue by Stockhausen-Stiftung für Musik. Two pianos, prepared, percussion, and various electronic manipulations. I have the original vinyl issue, which I used to listen to decades ago, but I've never heard this piece so well delineated since my first exposure at a live performance by the Kontarsky brothers even longer ago. (For the curious, the books below the gear are a random mix of decades of study, work, and fun, waiting for new bookshelves to be properly organized).

Enjoy!

Thanks Jesus. It's really an amazing piece of gear you've helped design. Here's a full view of the "clean room." Actually it was just remodeled with new floors and rock wall in the ceilings, etc so sounds great. As you can see it's a domestic share so compromises have to be made. My four year old's sick today with Curious George on marathon rotation so the microrendu has to wait until sundown...:)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26983[/ATTACH]

I can spend hours in that room...especially with Curious George on the big screen.

My mRendu on a granite piece.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sonore LPS

image.jpeg

MacBook Pro (HQPlayer) and Sonictransporter (Roon Server). Next step is a Windows PC for running HQPlayer in DSD 512.

And computers will leave the room to another place in the house.

image.jpeg

I think it worths to say that the connector provided with the mRendu plays nice, but no comparison with the Curious Link in my system. Much better.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

My mRendu on a granite piece.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27213[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27214[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27215[/ATTACH]

Sonore LPS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27218[/ATTACH]

MacBook Pro (HQPlayer) and Sonictransporter (Roon Server). Next step is a Windows PC for running HQPlayer in DSD 512.

And computers will leave the room to another place in the house.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27219[/ATTACH]

I think it worths to say that the connector provided with the mRendu plays nice, but no comparison with the Curious Link in my system. Much better.

Thanks for posting these.

Thanks for posting these.

Thank you Jesus and John for the excelent product. I am very happy with mRendu and how it raised the SQ in an already very goog system.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the microRendu, found it does not fit on an Ayre Codex with the short USB adapter if using the XLR connectors so I am using a .8m Neutral Cable USB Blue. I will listen for results in about a week or longer as the Codex is not finished burn-in. Using the iFi iPower and the mR is just warm. Codex does not take power from the USB line.

DSCF3732.jpg

I just received the microRendu, found it does not fit on an Ayre Codex with the short USB adapter if using the XLR connectors so I am using a .8m Neutral Cable USB Blue. I will listen for results in about a week or longer as the Codex is not finished burn-in. Using the iFi iPower and the mR is just warm. Codex does not take power from the USB line.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27463[/ATTACH]

nice combo!

image.jpeg

It's amazing that the source, in some sense the heart of the whole system, is just this tiny little thing stashed down below!

The system is configured like so : Toshiba laptop w/JRiver MC19 > Wifi > Apple Airport Express > Generic Ethernet cable > mrendu with ifi iPower > Nordost Blue Heaven USB > Bryston BDA2 > Nordost Blue Heaven IC > Bryston B135 Integrated > Audience AU 24 > Martin Logan Montis. Everything is plugged into a Furman Power Conditioner.

I may eventually have someone run some Ethernet cable in my walls and eliminate the wifi and Apple AE. I'm not sure if there would be a sonic impact. I'm also considering the Sonore Signature Power Supply.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27605[/ATTACH]

It's amazing that the source, in some sense the heart of the whole system, is just this tiny little thing stashed down below!

The system is configured like so : Toshiba laptop w/JRiver MC19 > Wifi > Apple Airport Express > Generic Ethernet cable > mrendu with ifi iPower > Nordost Blue Heaven USB > Bryston BDA2 > Nordost Blue Heaven IC > Bryston B135 Integrated > Audience AU 24 > Martin Logan Montis. Everything is plugged into a Furman Power Conditioner.

I may eventually have someone run some Ethernet cable in my walls and eliminate the wifi and Apple AE. I'm not sure if there would be a sonic impact. I'm also considering the Sonore Signature Power Supply.

No kidding...it almost disappears behind a credit card. Thanks for posting the image.

I was wondering what that was...I like it:)

It sits in there nicely and helps dissipate heat a bit without the mR touching the wood block holding it. I was thinking about having something 3D printed to hold it, but thought I'd wait until I upgrade the power supply.

So,

here is my head-fi setup with mR.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27829[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27830[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27831[/ATTACH]

What's to see:

mR powered by hdplex at 7.5V -> Aching Audio USB Cable -> Chord Hugo TT -> MicroZotl 2.0 with LPS

Maybe we should make a neon sign to hang above each system:)