IGNORED

Post images of the microRendu in your system here

I imagine you have to open the LPS to lower the voltage. What's inside that you adjust? I have the same LPS and it registers 9.2.

Yes the cover needs to be removed. There is a tiny screw in there for making the adjustment.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I imagine you have to open the LPS to lower the voltage. What's inside that you adjust? I have the same LPS and it registers 9.2.

Turn off the unit. Remove the top screws on the front and back and pull off the top of the case. There is a very small brass screw on the voltage regulator module (look for the fins, they form an "H", it is between the H on the right hand side. Use a small flat-head screwdriver and, IIRC turn clockwise to reduce the voltage, try about 1/2 turn increments. Power on and look at the read out, turn off again and repeat until you get the voltage you want.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Might as well show mine...using the box it came in as support for the time being. Lowering the voltage on the el cheapo definitely lowered the temp and call me crazy but it seems to sound better.

image.jpeg

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Portable test setup:

Router 5GHz wifi to Ethernet adapter / Adapter connecting to NAS and uRendu / Battery powering the uRendu / uRendu outputting to DAC / DAC to headphones.

NAS running Roon / iPad running Roon remote over wifi.

Waiting for Uptone UltraCap LPS-1 between battery and uRendu.

image.jpeg

Portable test setup:

Router 5GHz wifi to Ethernet adapter / Adapter connecting to NAS and uRendu / Battery powering the uRendu / uRendu outputting to DAC / DAC to headphones.

NAS running Roon / iPad running Roon remote over wifi.

Waiting for Uptone UltraCap LPS-1 between battery and uRendu.

That is going to need an audio rack soon:)

Roon + HQPlayer in NAA Mode -> microRendu powered by El Cheapo -> LH Labs Pulse Xfi DAC ∞ 2.0

IMG_3454.jpg

And I'm not using the hard adapter into the LH Labs because of room. I'm using DNM Balanced cable and the hard adapter will not fit, so I'm using an Aqvox cable.

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

Roon + HQPlayer in NAA Mode -> microRendu powered by El Cheapo -> LH Labs Pulse Xfi DAC ∞ 2.0

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26705[/ATTACH]

And I'm not using the hard adapter into the LH Labs because of room. I'm using DNM Balanced cable and the hard adapter will not fit, so I'm using an Aqvox cable.

I like it...

Nice! What's that gadget supporting the uRendu? Exactly what I need for mine...

Nice! What's that gadget supporting the uRendu? Exactly what I need for mine...

It's a Finite Elemente Ceraball. Perfect height for the microRendu with my DAC.

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

Here are two photos of my microRendu in my secondary (aka, bedroom) system.

The first photo shows the gizmo powered by a Teddy Pardo 7 volt LPS and attached to the DAC-preamp with a TotalDAC d1 USB cable. For now this attach method is fine, although at some point I'll likely try my Curious USB cables and perhaps the W4S Recovery Reclocker too.

The second photo shows the Burson Conductor DAC/preamp/headphone amp, connected to the Burson Timekeeper stereo power amplifier. And on the left is an older Apple Extreme router, which is setup in bridge mode since the main router and modem are at the far end of the house away from this room. That connection, as a bridge Ethernet device, has been working very well.

P.S. The speakers, Audience ClairAudient 1+1s, do not show in either photo.

Dave, who says he's been using MinimServer and the Lumin app to serve music and control playback and that's been working real well too

rendy_01.jpg

+++++

rendy_02.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

The first photo shows the gizmo powered by a Teddy Pardo 7 volt LPS….

How are you liking the Teddy Pardo PS? Did you try the microRendu with any other power supplies?

(BTW, your cable situation is just way too tidy.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

How are you liking the Teddy Pardo PS? Did you try the microRendu with any other power supplies?

(BTW, your cable situation is just way too tidy.)

--David

I first used the microRendu with the 9 volt iFi iPower I already owned, and then moved to a CIAudio VDC-9 linear power supply that's been in my system on and off for several years.

My rough take is that with the Teddy Pardo, the microRendu sounds distinctly better than with the iPower -- more depth and more details -- and that the Teddy Pardo might or might not be much better than the CIAudio. That one is harder for me to gauge.

Dave, who notes to David that he's welcome to visit his place to do a makeover of his currently too tidy cable situation but first please call or text or email or share some obscure emoji

Music is love, made audible.

Here is the Soekris DAC 1101 setup and ready to go for some native DSD testing. I'm just waiting on the new Kernel to begin. This is a R-2R USB DAC with unbalanced output and headphone amp.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26677[/ATTACH]

So small...please report on the sq when possible..

Here's my microRendu and IntoCircuit 32000mah battery power supply. The sharp-eyed will notice a soon to be for sale Aurender N100H being used as a stand. The rest of the digital front end is a Thecus N5550 NAS, Mac Mini and AirPort Extreme in the next room and a run of fiber optic from there to a fiber/copper converter hidden in the bowels of the equipment rack. An AQ Ethernet jumper completes the path to the microRendu. The mR feeds a Playback Designs MPD-3 DAC via a length of Audience AU24 SE USB cable.

I'm running Roon/Tidal/HQPlayer on my Mini.

Sound quality is excellent -- the best digital I've ever had in my system. I'm still a vinyl guy but I've been working really hard to improve digital playback and trying to eliminate unnecessary SMPS and computer stuff in the listening room. I would say I'm getting to the point now that the provenance of a particular recording is beginning to matter more than whether I'm playing analog or digital. That's very gratifying and in very large part due to Jesus' microRendu.

54a14376-1c3e-4805-8e73-67cc6290ef57.jpg

Steve Z

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.

Here's a couple of pics of my microRendu set up next to the Naim DAC V1 and NAP 110. You can see the iFi plugged into it's own dedicated circuit (amp and DAC outlet is a different one); I certainly have an lps on the radar but would also like to save for bigger amp. And an lps on the vortexbox. Where does it end? :) The sound is so amazing now though as it is. A real end gamer for not that much money in hifi terms.

microrendu 2.jpeg

microrendu.jpeg

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Here's my microRendu and IntoCircuit 32000mah battery power supply. The sharp-eyed will notice a soon to be for sale Aurender N100H being used as a stand. The rest of the digital front end is a Thecus N5550 NAS, Mac Mini and AirPort Extreme in the next room and a run of fiber optic from there to a fiber/copper converter hidden in the bowels of the equipment rack. An AQ Ethernet jumper completes the path to the microRendu. The mR feeds a Playback Designs MPD-3 DAC via a length of Audience AU24 SE USB cable.

I'm running Roon/Tidal/HQPlayer on my Mini.

Sound quality is excellent -- the best digital I've ever had in my system. I'm still a vinyl guy but I've been working really hard to improve digital playback and trying to eliminate unnecessary SMPS and computer stuff in the listening room. I would say I'm getting to the point now that the provenance of a particular recording is beginning to matter more than whether I'm playing analog or digital. That's very gratifying and in very large part due to Jesus' microRendu.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26974[/ATTACH]

Steve Z

Interesting.

Here's a couple of pics of my microRendu set up next to the Naim DAC V1 and NAP 110. You can see the iFi plugged into it's own dedicated circuit (amp and DAC outlet is a different one); I certainly have an lps on the radar but would also like to save for bigger amp. And an lps on the vortexbox. Where does it end? :) The sound is so amazing now though as it is. A real end gamer for not that much money in hifi terms.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26980[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26981[/ATTACH]

Clean...