IGNORED

Article: Sonore microRendu Review, Part 1

This looks really interesting - right now though I would find it hard to live without Dirac room correction which I use via amarra symphony (stereo). Is there a way to send audio to this device after the correction filter has been applied?

apologies in advance for what is probably a dumb question

This looks really interesting - right now though I would find it hard to live without Dirac room correction which I use via amarra symphony (stereo). Is there a way to send audio to this device after the correction filter has been applied?

Yes. You need a program that applies the room correction and then can send the digital output over the network to the microRendu.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Firedog, what program will do that with Dirac?

Don't have any idea. Don't know much about Dirac. Just meant that their isn't any reason it CAN'T be done. Aren't there units that do Dirac processing with digital outs? I'm pretty sure there are. And isn't there some sort of network bridge device I saw once for Dirac? I'm pretty sure both of those are correct. So if they are, it should be possible.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Don't have any idea. Don't know much about Dirac. Just meant that their isn't any reason it CAN'T be done. Aren't there units that do Dirac processing with digital outs? I'm pretty sure there are. And isn't there some sort of network bridge device I saw once for Dirac? I'm pretty sure both of those are correct. So if they are, it should be possible.

Yeah, like you say it probably needs some sort of network bridge, since Dirac acts as a virtual sound card. As I understand it, there needs to be some program glue that takes the Dirac virtual sound card output and sends it over the network using one of the many transport protocols that the microRendu supports.

I did a brief search this morning and I couldn't find one, though. Or maybe there is an alternative way to get network output. Maybe someone with Dirac experience can jump in?

My system here

Mike, I assume you have all this into a wireless router (otherwise what does your ipad see?). You'll need music serving software (like Minimserver on your NAS) and a some free music browsing software on your ipad (called a control point in UPnP language) like Kazoo or other UPnP clients. No need to buy anything like JRIver or Roon if you are fine with loading free Minimserver on your NAS and a free iPad app. The microRednu sees Minimserver (once Minimserver loads and catalogs your NAS music and you tell microRendu to be in UPnP renderer mode), and grabs whatever music your ipad-based music browsing remote tells it to. The microRendu sends that music, via USB, to your DAC.

Thanks, Ted, Firedog and Master.

I'll use minimserver on the Synology 1812 and Kazoo on the Ipad.

One more question (probably more revealing of my ignorance than the others): is there any way to have the above working (NAS with Minimserver to micro-Rendu) and also find a way to run TIDAL off the IPAD?

Thanks.

Mike

MG555

What do you mean?

He means you didn't mention HQPlayer NAA mode in your part 1 review. Many of us will be evaluating the uRendu as an NAA (as well as an OpenHome ethernet renderer, Mpd client, etc).

He means you didn't mention HQPlayer NAA mode in your part 1 review. Many of us will be evaluating the uRendu as an NAA (as well as an OpenHome ethernet renderer, Mpd client, etc).

That was my guess. But it's a bit premature to complain that I haven't used one's software, when the review is half way finished.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

That was my guess. But it's a bit premature to complain that I haven't used one's software, when the review is half way finished.

Could be added as a point (currently 5 of them) in the "What is the microrendu" section.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I look forward to seeing you in Munich at the event Friday night :~)

microRendu weight about 200 grams at a guess, Sound Galleries Music Server weight about 27 Kilograms

so many different paths to Audio Nirvana,

LoL - HQ Player span's it all

Really look forward to see you both on Friday and Adam, you too !

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

I was using an earlier version Sonic Orbiter with a Jcat USB card/Lampizator. At this time the MRondu/Sonic Orbiter/Linux/Amanero will work up to DOP DSD128. There are expectations for Amanero to provide updated drivers that can be downloaded on to your computer that will permit native 256-512, but unfortunately there is a lack of transparency (pun intended) by many. I still am not certain if the Amanero board on the DAC needs to be updated too if and when this happens.

You could use a DAC with Dirac room correction built in.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series

In this case the microRendu could play directly to the USB input in this DAC. This would completely eliminate the PC from your playback chain and greatly simplify your music listening. Plus you could use Roon!

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/