IGNORED

Article: Sonore microRendu Review, Part 1

Wow! The last line leaves me wanting to read your next chapter. I cannot wait to receive my unit to. Thanks Chris

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Just ordered mine.

Chris, did you really mean to publish this "redacted" report?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

What a teaser, Chris.Thanks a lot!

Please get some details about the use of the microRendu with an external USB/SPDIF - I know it's not the primary case, but connection to USB seems to be a non issue.

It would also be nice to have a power supply who could easily power both the microRendu and the converter - I will further investigate this idea.

I am seriously thinking in changing my current streamer (sneaky ds to move to a secondary system) but I must ensure there will be a moving forward an not a side move.

Jesus,

I have the Teddy Pardo Squeezebox Touch Power Supply which is 5V 3A, would it have enough power to power the Sonore microRendu?

TTouch - PSU for Logitech Touch | PSUs for Logitech | Power Supplies | TeddyPardo

Thanks

J

Macbook Pro/MacMini/dCS Debussy/Cambridge 650BD[br]Vitus Audio SS-010/Living Voice OBX-R2 Speakers/Ultrasone Edition 8 phones[br]Airport Express/Meridian AD88[br]

Please get some details about the use of the microRendu with an external USB/SPDIF - I know it's not the primary case, but connection to USB seems to be a non issue.

FWIW, I've been using an Audiophilleo2 hooked up to my Sonicorbiter SE (the microRendu's budget-priced cousin) without issue.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Any posibility to have Tidal played through this device? My DAC had only one USB input.

Yes, in Roon mode it will play Tidal as any Roon endpoint would. In UPnP mode (as renderer) it will play Tidal via several control points like BubbleUPnP (Android) or Kazoo (iPad, Windows, etc).

Chris -- Thanks for this. I like your appliance moniker. How does the microRendu differ from a "renderer"? JCR

Ethernet renderer is one or more of the microRendu's functions (UPnP, Mpd, etc).

All these questions, including best power supplies (requires 6-9V at minimum 1 Amp), etc are on the Sonore microRendu threads here on CA.

Hi Guys - I originally wrote the review and sent it to Sonore prior to publication, like I do for all reviews, for fact checking. The company asked that I not reveal so many details about what it's doing to make this such a special product. Rather than just tell everyone that there's a lot more going on inside than I can say, I left the text in but redacted it. In essence, everyone can see there's a lot of proprietary things with this, but they can't see exactly what they are.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Guys - I originally wrote the review and sent it to Sonore prior to publication, like I do for all reviews, for fact checking. The company asked that I not reveal so many details about what it's doing to make this such a special product. Rather than just tell everyone that there's a lot more going on inside than I can say, I left the text in but redacted it. In essence, everyone can see there's a lot of proprietary things with this, but they can't see exactly what they are.

So I actually read the full text with all the proprietary secret when it went up earlier today....sadly I cannot remember much now.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Cool start for a review. I really think this is the first audiophile computer motherboard.

Noticed a couple of typos/omissions: 'lessor' and 'the sensitive with he'

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Chris, when it comes on to Part 2, my primary interest (beyond SQ), is what power supply was used in relation to your closing comment of:

"I can unequivocally say that with the microRendu in place, my audio system has never sounded better than right now."

Having followed the microRendu thread, it seems like the device is on one hand claimed to be somewhat agnostic of external factors, but on the other hand will definitely benefit from (paraphrasing) 'the very best power supplies costing up to $2K+'. As consumers this leaves us slightly confused as to where it's pitched - i.e. should it be considered a $650 device or a $2,500 device?

It would be great if you could use a range of power supplies from the ifi upwards, and give some sort of indication of the improvement better supplies bring - assuming it is a factor of course.

I've ordered one anyway, with the ifi to start. :)

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

When's part 2? Just curious to whether I'll have mine before it's published or not. :)

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Hi, can you please tell me where you found it.

At sonore it´s been sold out for the last a few week

Cheers

Luiz

It hasn't been sold out, it just went on sale a number of hours ago.

The orders for the first 24 hours are limited to a closed list of email subscribers. Acc'd to the email we received, there are enough units on hand to supply the list and more, and general sales will start from the web site after the first 24 hours.

Many thanks,

Just curious when the 24 hs will over.

Theoretically in about 10 hours, or maybe tomorrow. Or whenever you see it available for order on the website. Enjoy your Friday, and look again tomorrow :)