IGNORED

Dirac Live 1.2 for Mac

Hey, I cant make new measurements with Dirac. I can check that the sound arrives at the speakers, but when i want to

do the measurements nothing happens.....

Are you online?

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

Mr. flak,

Your help would be appreciated! :)

I submitted a ticket (22518) weeks ago, but Dirac support stopped replying.

My DAP is crashing randomly. The latest log file says:

[2016-09-03 20:57:43.967] Starting up...

[20:57:43.967; 0x7fff7a877000] INFO : LogLevel = 'ERROR'

[22:04:01.302; 0x70000019a000] FATAL: Dirac processor is not installed!

[22:04:01.303; 0x70000019a000] ERROR: DiracPlayThrough::Init() Exception, cleaning up...

[22:04:01.415; 0x70000019a000] ERROR: VAD create failed!

My setup:

Mac mini late 2014 (OSX 10.11.6)

Roon -> Dirac 1.2/DAP 1.2 -> MiniDSP USB streamer

All sleep, screen saver, energy saving has been switched off. Also did a clean install of OSX. No other audio applications, or apps in general than OSX default are installed beside Roon and Dirac.

In advance, thank you.

@ PowerQuality

I don't know the cause of your random crashes but you may try using filters created by DLCT 1.1 with DAP 1.2 (they work well together)

These are the links to the downloads of DLCT 1.1, I don't know if you have Stereo or Full so you should download the appropriate one:

STEREO https://www.dropbox.com/s/gd1ziggwz6auw9o/DiracLiveRoomCorrectionSuite-Stereo-MacOSX-1.1.0.5109.zip?dl=0

FULL https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5c2aet09gdong5/DiracLiveRoomCorrectionSuite-Full-MacOSX-1.1.0.5109.zip?dl=0

Thanks, Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Indeed. I am using filters created with DLCT 1.1 and they work. However I made de measurements with the microphone in the upright position while I learned later that for a stereo set up the mike has to face towards the speakers. I know it may be nitty gritty but we all want to make it perfect, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Well... it's the mic's calibration file that prescribes the orientation, 0° for an horizontal positioning or 90° if the calibration has been done for a mic's vertical positioning.

If one happens to have both (i.e. miniDSP's UMIK-1) then for Stereo systems it's a choice that depends on various factors (the vertical positioning will get slightly more of the room vs. direct radiation)

Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

No NOT online, but i read these posts regularly.

still same issue with Dirac, it takes 15-20 efforts to get measurements started. Strange bcs the sound test runs smoothly every time. And when running, everything works well.

kk

Just was trying to make sure you knew that you must be online to make measurements. It's Dirac's anti piracy measure.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

• 2 months later...
Hola,

Estoy frente a dificultades con la Dirac 1.2 en relación con Audirvana 2.5.3; Al seleccionar el modo directo en modo entero + Audirvana, la reproducción de música se interrumpe cada vez que la frecuencia de muestreo de la música cambia.

¿Alguien puede confirmar que este es un problema reproducible? [/ quote]

I have the same problem does anyone have any solution

Hola,

Estoy frente a dificultades con la Dirac 1.2 en relación con Audirvana 2.5.3; Al seleccionar el modo directo en modo entero + Audirvana, la reproducción de música se interrumpe cada vez que la frecuencia de muestreo de la música cambia.

¿Alguien puede confirmar que este es un problema reproducible? [/ quote]

I have the same problem does anyone have any solution

Hello,

would you please request assistance here?

Submit a Request for Assistance

Thanks, Flavio

• 1 month later...
we have made the beta plugins available to customers who have got a license and are finding issues with Audirvana's Direct mode,

apart from the license (that is needed to enable the plugins) my understanding is that Audirvana's Direct mode is working with DL 1.2

Flavio

Dear Flavio,

I am ready to shell out the $$ for Dirac Live Room 1.2, but only if I can use it as an AU plugin in Audirvana. Are you still able to provide the plugin if I provide the license number? Also, does your answer above imply that I need to have issues with Audirvana direct mode to be able to get the plugin? Direct mode in Audirvana with OS Sierra doesnt work at all so therefore I cant have 'issues'. Is this plugin still in beta and is there a risk that Dirac will decide not to pursue it and somehow disable its functionality for existing plugin users?

Dear all,

To those of you who are using the AU plugin in Audirvana, does it work also if you use upsampling to DSD? In the trial version of Dirac, used as a regular audio processor (=not AU plugin since I cannot get it unless I purchase Dirac first), Dirac does not work (i.e. there is no sound) if in Audirvana I upsample to DSD.

Roon>HQP>Dirac Live Stereo really blows my mind. Dirac Live is by far the best upgrade since my Computer Audio journey began. Don't know how to explain what happened to my Rega turntable.

Software > Roon Server & HQ Player4 on Windows 2019/AO & MacMini MMK (plus Audirvana 3.5)  > Netgear GS105EV2 > Meicord Opal > Naim NDX 2 > Naim SN2 + Lyngdorf CD-2 + Rega RP8/Aria >  > Harbeth SHL5 plus

To those of you who are using the AU plugin in Audirvana, does it work also if you use upsampling to DSD? In the trial version of Dirac, used as a regular audio processor (=not AU plugin since I cannot get it unless I purchase Dirac first), Dirac does not work (i.e. there is no sound) if in Audirvana I upsample to DSD.
DiracLive works only in PCM and that applies to any version.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

It will just automatically pass through (uncorrected DSD) without down-sampling back to PCM, so at least the playback is seamless.

As far as I know, the only way to do any type of digital signal processing (not just Dirac's DSP) on DSD would be to convert it first to PCM.

• 2 months later...

Some questions:

I have a 3-way stereo system today (and for the foreseeable future) using a "Najda" dsp (iir) for preamp, crossover, time alignment and dipole roll-of compensation. Main audio source is Audirvana 3.0 on a Mac Mini (mid 2011) 2,3G i5 8GB. Spotify is sometimes used as well. I have ordered the Umik-1.

As I see it I'm all set for hardware now.

I'm reading about a Dirac plugin for AU that for some reason is "better", have I understood this correcly or am I drawing the wrong conlusions ? If I'm not misstaken it doesn't exist yet ?

It seems that it's a bit of a hazzle to take measurements after the fact, so I'm wondering if "Fuzzmeasure" would see "Dirac" as an output device and then make verificational measurments possible ? It's not that expensive and looks promising enough.

Is it possible that there will be some problems with latency during measurments due to the dual dsp systems ? I have no idea how much latency there is trough the "Najda" dsp.

The room and setup:

setup.thumb.jpg.e2f474acb77e3c7a56cab5a6bf10e235.jpg

@Dahlbrerg:

Before your Dirac free trial expires, you might want to investigate Uli Brueggemann's Acourate.  It is designed to replace your present IIR active crossover, and you may prefer its sophisticated driver phase alignment algorithm.  FWIW, recording engineer Bob Katz is a fan.

Unfortunately, there is no free trial of Acourate.  To get an idea of how its room correction algorithm compares to Dirac using your existing active crossover, you can send your impulse response measurements (without Dirac) to the developer of Acourate along with a few music tracks, and he'll send back to you the music files processed with the Acourate room correction.  I don’t know whether there is a similar way to test Acourate's active crossover implementation.

http://www.audiovero.de/en/documents-and-tutorials.php

http://www.audiovero.de/en/acourate-test-for-free--.php

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7