IGNORED

Dirac Live 1.2 for Mac

Hi hifi_swlon,

I understand your point but Dirac Live has been updated when useful with "decimal" releases from 1.0 to 1.2 since it had been made available some years ago and I imagine that customers are somehow happy that they never had to pay for an update.

Anyhow the plugins will have a cost when they will be released, I don't have an ETA 'cause we have many concurrent ongoing projects and agreements regarding Dirac technologies... this is the latest one dated April 21st:

Dirac announces strategic audio technology distribution agreement with Pioneer

:) Flavio

The "hookup" with Pioneer sounds huge for you guys and congrats to such a partnership! Hopefully we will see some AVRs from Pioneer with DRC from Dirac like Arcam as I can not imagine what kind of product is meant by ( consumer products and commercial audio applications). I know that you can't disclose anything right know but hopefully the future is bright for the audiophile community;)

I'm using Dirac with A+ and have installed the plug in beta.

Just to make sure, is it correct that updating to 1.2 will have no effect on the plug in?

I used the plugin with the DAP 1.1 for 3 months.

I test the DAP 1.2 beta with direct mode since 2 weeks without the plugin.

Yesterday I have installed the official DAP 1.2 (which seems to be the same version, build, that the beta i use) and have tested it with the plugin and direct mode.

It correctly works and for me there is a little better SQ with the plugin, more space and more micro details.

Version 1.2 doesn't work for me :(

Let me explain, I uninstalled 1.1 and installed 1.2 as Flavio said.

It works perfectly with the filters created with 1.1 (even Direct Mode in Audirvana, thanks !).

Today, as I changed my amps, I decided to do a complete set of measurements, everything was OK until I tried to load my new filters in DAP 1.2, where DAP crashes.

Has anyone of you encountered this behavior ?

I've sent my files to Dirac Support to see if they can find the reason why.

Thanks

Have installed 1.2 (OSX 10.9.5) and recalibrated from scratch.

All worked fine.

It remembers (and reconnects to) the selected output device. :)

the clip indicator is helpful.

I uninstalled all previous versions as i had another beta, and the reinstalled this just to be safe (I couldn't tell which DAP was running otherwise).

From my POV the issue i was having has been resolved. Will continue to run the evaluation and see if there are any anomalies.

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

Couple bits of feedback from week1.

In general all has been going very well.

Roon - there is an issue with Roon 1.2 (latest build) - there is 'static' and 'crackling' type noise that comes in unpredictably but is more obvious with high-res files. This is using the power-of-two buffer in Roon. Disabling this extra buffer gives constant noise and is unusable. Roon are aware as at least two users have experienced it, and they are also looking into it. Hopefully Dirac are in touch with Roon here.

I noticed that it was set to be the default on start-up, but the DAP doesn't actually start up at boot unless it is manually set to do so in the users startup items. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

There were two occasions where the DAP prevented by Mac from reboot, which meant I had to VNC in to kill it first. This may have been an anomaly though.

One final thing - is there any way to see what version of the DAP is installed? I wanted to confirm for Roon, but I don't see an 'about' type info or any way of confirming within the DAP itself. So I used the install download.

Sound-wise I'm as impressed with Dirac as I was in my initial foray. It makes a huge difference to my system and I really want to keep it long-term. Considering the timespan for the update, I would have liked to see a few new features for the more advanced users, just to get the sense that its under active development alongside Dirac's other partnerships etc, but that's a lesser consideration.

My main issue now is how to use Dirac and a RoonReady endpoint such as the microRendu so I am one step forward and one step back, but no fault of Dirac.

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

• 3 weeks later...
Version 1.2 doesn't work for me :(

Let me explain, I uninstalled 1.1 and installed 1.2 as Flavio said.

It works perfectly with the filters created with 1.1 (even Direct Mode in Audirvana, thanks !).

Today, as I changed my amps, I decided to do a complete set of measurements, everything was OK until I tried to load my new filters in DAP 1.2, where DAP crashes.

Has anyone of you encountered this behavior ?

I've sent my files to Dirac Support to see if they can find the reason why.

Thanks

Did you find any solution to this issue?

Yes I did, it was my fault, I didn't identify the chanels in the first Dirac screen (the one in which you identify a Left and a Right chanel). Once done, after a new set of measurements, everything went back to normal, and the result is superb.

And thanks to Flavio for its help ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what should be better to avoid digital audio clipping with an Audirvana and Dirac live setup.

Is it better to reduce gain with DSP gain in Dirac Live or is it better to use the Audirvana volume control which is based on Izotope filter ?

If any one is able to explain to me which one should be better to use and why I will be less stupid ;-)

Hi Flavio,

Coul you please send me the Plugin as I am encountering issues to use audirvana' s direct mode with Dirac 1.2 ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Benoit

Hi Benoit,

we have made the beta plugins available to customers who have got a license and are finding issues with Audirvana's Direct mode,

apart from the license (that is needed to enable the plugins) my understanding is that Audirvana's Direct mode is working with DL 1.2

Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Thanks Flavio for your answer. Your understanding is apparently not correct as I can confirm that as soon as I activate the A+ direct mode, it does no longer work. Would the plugin solve this ? If yes, i will purchase the license immediately.

Kind regards

Thanks Flavio for your answer. Your understanding is apparently not correct as I can confirm that as soon as I activate the A+ direct mode, it does no longer work. Would the plugin solve this ? If yes, i will purchase the license immediately.

Kind regards

Hi Benoit,

plugins do work with Audirvana's Direct mode, I've answered you in your helpdesk ticket

:) Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am facing difficulties with Dirac 1.2 in connection with Audirvana 2.5.3 ; when selecting Direct Mode + Integer Mode in Audirvana, the music playback is interrupted every time the sampling rate of the music changes.

Can anyone confirm that this is a reproducible issue ?

SwissBear,

Yes, that is a problem with Direct Mode + Integer Mode. Dirac 1.2 and probably older versions have this same problem with A+. However, Dirac 1.2 and JRiver MC 21 have no problems with rate switching. If I hit stop in A+, sometimes twice, between rate switching, all works fine till the next rate switch. I've always had problems with many versions of A+ and Direct Mode, and I usually use Dirac, but not always. With Dirac working fine with MC21, and failing with A+, I have no idea where the problem is.

Music Server(s):Mac Mini w/UpTone linear power supply JS-2, SoTM 200 w/LPS-1, AQ Diamond USB cable,

Music Server Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Roon, HQP, A+

USB Digital to Analog Converter(s):PS Audio DS Jr. w/UpTone Audio ReGen  w/ LPS-1 Power Supply

Preamplifier:PS Audio BHK preamp; Amplifier(s):Parasound Amplifier A21; Loudspeakers:Magnapan 3.7

Loudspeaker Cables:AudioQuest CV8

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing a new set of requirements today with a fully license activated configuration and the new filters cause DAP to crash.

I am running the latest versions of Dirac Live and DAP. All filters that I created with the evaluation versions are running fine. I saw the same behaviour in an earlier post (Powerquality 5-22-2016) but cannot repair it as he did.

Any ideas to resolve this|?

I saw the same behaviour in an earlier post (Powerquality 5-22-2016) but cannot repair it as he did.

Any ideas to resolve this|?

Same for me. Could somebody please explain how to,handle the second screen (mic setup)? Can I choose any name for the channels? For each of the channels I have the options "analogue 1" and "analogue 2". However, my output is digital via USB into my Devialet.

Symptoms:

* measurement is possible, but give me only a single curve instead of a left and right one

* filter creation works

* DAP 1.2 crashes when the new filter is loaded

* filters created with 1.1 work as expected

Cheers

Kay

Mac mini (Mojave, Audirvana/Amarra/Roon) -> Dirac -> Audioquest Carbon USB -> devialet 200 -> MIT Shotgun MA -> Verity Audio Leonore

This is the problem I had, the solution is not in the second screen (if you mic measures something, you are good) but on the third screen, you probably didn't identify the left and right output chanels (as far as I remember, when you enter the screen, the fields are blank and if you don't change them, you have the problem).

Hope this will help ;-)

I was contacted by customer support that they are working on a new release that would resolve this problem. Let's hope it will come soon.

Yes, in the meantime those who find that issue can use 1.1 DLCT for taking measurements and creating filters while using DAP 1.2 for playback.

If needed a link to the download can be obtained at Submit a Request for Assistance

Thanks, Flavio

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I use Dirac and AU plugin with Audirvana and an upgraded Mac Mini.

I would like to check the compatibility between Dirac and other players, according to your own experience, either with Dirac DAP and/or AU/VST plugins, such as :

-Roon

-Pure Music

-Jriver

-others ?

If some of you experienced differences about sound quality between those players coupled with Dirac that would be interesting.

According to me, I find Audirvana + AU Plugin undoubtlessly better than DAP playback.

Regards,

A.