IGNORED

SGC - "Roonify" your USB drive or NAS with the sonicTransporter

10 hours ago, mfalcon said:

Has anyone noticed any advantage of using an internal or USB drive vs a file server?  I’m skeptical there is one and find streaming from the NAS far more convenient but I was curious if anyone has had issues.  

I use a Qnap with SSD’s in a stripe. Never had any problems. I bought the SSD used.

There are people experimenting with internal or external  SSD powered by LPS-1 on their SonicTransporter. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 4:02 PM, mfalcon said:

Has anyone noticed any advantage of using an internal or USB drive vs a file server?  I’m skeptical there is one and find streaming from the NAS far more convenient but I was curious if anyone has had issues.  

The best option is to get something like our sonicTransporter with internal storage.

This always works, no spin-up time, and is very simple.

A good NAS should also work with your sonicTransporter. Just make sure your network is good. Attach both the sonicTransporter and the NAS to a good switch. Attach your network player to the same switch.

A USB drive isn't bad for a small amount of storage (1TB - 2TB) especially if you use SSD. But larger dives have the problems mentioned above.

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

• 1 month later...

So has anyone benefitted from connecting the Sonic Transporter direct to the NAA (Ultrarendu) via network cable?  I remember reading earlier that you could do this.  Currently I have the Sonic Transporter plugged directly into the router and same with the Ultrarendu.  They are in different rooms but I could run a direct line from one of the LAN ports to the Ultrarendu and the Router could connect to the other for the Music file server.