IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

3 hours ago, BDF-ul said:

Sadly, I had to roll back to the previous version as 0.4.5 skips like crazy in my system (Roon Server, SMS-200ultra Neo, Schiit EITR, Naim Dac etc). Not happy, today...

I had skips as well. Originally had 4.22(?) then started update from Eunhasu page and it did the first upgrade (to 4.4?) . From there I went with full micro sd card upgrade on a new card, so I was able to roll back to old card that now had 4.4 and no skips, all good again.

I use Squeezelite/LMS with Schiit Eitr. with audio files played back from NAS.

Based on my experience, it appears the upgrade from 4.22 to 4.4 is ok, it's the final upgrade to 4.5 that seems to be an issue.

24 minutes ago, Tannoymike said:

0.4.5 update download took around 1min to download , great, then I tried to install it reached 3% after approx. 1hr I gave up at this. Why on earth does it take so long using this method. Time to get rid.

I did the same after about 3 hours still stuck at 3%

19 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

I just checked the images and 4.5 is now shown as being “updated”.  

That's interesting, Jay. It seems that 4.5 for mac download is still up. I downloaded on a mac, and I've had no problems whatsoever.

Listening now to a great new album, ‘McCoy and Mseleku’ by Hexagonal, a British jazz group. It's on Tidal and Bandcamp.

Update: it seems 4.5 for Windows is back up.

I just tried updating with latest image and still have skipping. Doesn't seem any different than yesterday's issues. Back to 4.4 and all good.

Seems it could be something with new buffer or other settings? When I first tried the latest image I just left it at the default settings for Squeezelite configuration. Very bad skipping immediately. Entered my custom settings from 4.22 and much better but still had intermittent skips. I also notice that since upgrade from 4.22, there's no longer the option to leave "Internal Buffer" value blank, which is how I had it with my custom settings. With 4.4 and 4.5 if left blank it will be automatically filled with some default value (4096 or 8192 in my case) after Squeezelite restart where with 4.22 it would still show as blank after restart.

I think the reason for the virtual stop of my download installation is something to with the browser linked download connection with sotm server as I tried again to download the 7.4GB and it stalled again at around 3% with zero kb/s after that, I immediately started download the image using instead of my browser my internet download manager software and it ran all the way to the end at full speed . I will now try to mount th image directly onto the sd card.

I've downloaded the imageusb utility on the SOTM procedure page and installed it, ran it with the SOTM sd card in my sd computer slot but the image utility does not see the sd card even if I refresh the utility, Windows disk management sees it ok, so where now? Do I need to format the sd card first  (not mentioned in the SOTM procedure) if so what format method,  FAT32? This is turning out  to be quite a core.

I’ve managed to update mine, took most of the day. I used Chrome browser on my iPad and set the iPad so it wouldn’t auto lock and this seems to have helped as it’s now fully updated.

im wondering if previously the update was stalling as my smartphone/chrome that I was using before was closing the screen ?

I think my problem with the usbutility on the SOTM site is it is only for usb connected devices and I'm using my card slot, how stupid for SOTM to use this software when most laptops have a sd card slot that can be used so much more convenient . Is it ok to use Win32 to write the image as it appears in this program?

24 minutes ago, realsoftmonkey said:

I'm completely stuck. My 200 ultra is dead. Can't see it in Roon, can't update via the browser as it just hangs/fails. Cant update via the SD card as it fails every time right at the end. Im using a USB Card Reader. Any idea's anyone? 

Try to burn your SD card with the previous version, as is still available for download and take it from there. It may be a good idea to have two cards, one for updates and one with the last known working version of the F/W

1 minute ago, BDF-ul said:

Try to burn your SD card with the previous version, as is still available for download and take it from there. It may be a good idea to have two cards, one for updates and one with the last known working version of the F/W

Thanks but I've already tried, I know others have had this SOTM SD card issue as my dealer has had to request extra cards here in the UK for those who can't burn the image. Are there no known fixes out there?

I have played with 4.5 for an hour now with PCM/DSD/MQA material without any problem at all.
I changed buffer in Eunhasu Roon settings to 0.2 and re-sync to 0.05

Downloaded the image with Firefox and burnt it to a 16GB class 10 SD card.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree