IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

Hi May from SOtM,

New user of SMS200 here. Am mostly using it in MPD/ DLNA mode. I have the replay gain and Mixer type set to NONE. However when I play music through my Linn control point - its show volume at 50%. I was previously using another linux based mpd system - with similar settings my control point shows volume as 100%. Am I doing anything wrong here. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone succeed  connecting to Tidal by using credentials(user/pass) from MPD & DLNA  settings tab?  This does not seem to work in Kazoo or bubble upnp(android)  , seems they do not "call" the credentials from SOTM . 

Connecting manually from either program tidal implementation works ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I originally posted this in the "Let's Talk About SOTM SMS-200 Ultra" thread but no response yet. Since this thread seems more active I'll try here:

Is anyone using Replay gain with their sms-200 or ultra? I've had an sms-200 Neo for a couple days now and have found the replay gain settings in the Eunhasu user interface don't seem to be working. It doesn't seem to matter whether I select "Track" or "Album" setting, I have to manually adjust the volume for most tracks when playing a random song playlist.

I've come from using JRiver for years and had no issues with replay gain functionality. All my files are .wav with both replay gain and R128 tags.

I'm using DLNA in Eunhasu, with my CAPS server running JRiver as DLNA server and sms-200 as renderer. JRemote on iPod Touch is the control point. Files are on a Synology NAS. Eunhasu was just updated to latest version.

Hopefully someone is able to point me to a fix or setting to resolve this.

Thanks. 

On 11/2/2018 at 11:39 AM, Paoz said:

I'm trying to use Spotify (librespot)

When i use the app with my phone

I can see sotm 200 as player

But when i choose It, it doesnt work

Any help?

(I'm connected to the LAN with Cable to the router. Do i need to connect also with wifi??)

I disinstalled and i reinstalled It,

And now It work

After spending most of the day trying different settings in the Eunhasa MPD Config settings, I've come to the conclusion that Replay Gain isn't working for the sms-200 Neo, unless there's some magical setting somewhere that I'm missing. 

Since I've only been using it for the last few days, I don't know if Replay Gain is a newly added feature in a recent Eunhasa update. I've been reading up a little on MPD on the internet and it seems that in addition to the current options to select none, track or album for Replay Gain, there should also be an option for auto, which would allow the detection of whether a song is a single song or part of an album and then have the correct replay gain applied. Not sure if SOtM is doing something unique but unless others have had success with Replay Gain in MPD/DLNA then my guess is that at this point it's not implemented properly.

I've emailed SOtM but no reply as of yet.

Since most of my computer based listening is probably 90% or more random playlists, this is pretty disappointing to say the least. I never imagined something that's been around for as long as Reply Gain would be an issue to have working properly. I'm still hoping it turns out to be operator error but I have my doubts.

• 1 month later...

I'm running eunhasu beta on my sMS-200 ultra, but I can't seem to find the procedure on how to revert back to a non-beta version.

I know it has been posted, but I can't find it.

I don't want to remove the SD card and rewrite an image using a PC because my sMS-200 is not easily accessible.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ronfint said:

In case you haven't yet noticed, Eunhasu ver. 0.4.5 has been released. I just upgraded via micro sd card restore. It was painless and a really nice upgrade. Aside from bringing the software of the various playback programs up to date, the Linux kernel has been rewritten. (This seems to be ‘in style’ these days.)

Thanks, I certainly hadn’t noticed.  Does anyone know the significance of the Linux kernel changes?  (If there is anything significant here)

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

41 minutes ago, ronfint said:

In case you haven't yet noticed, Eunhasu ver. 0.4.5 has been released.

Thanks for this. I hadn't noticed either. When you say you upgraded via "micro sd card restore" do you mean you used the method described in this link?

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

20 minutes ago, Confused said:

Does anyone know the significance of the Linux kernel changes?

From this link:

http://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/new-eunhasu-fw-ver-0-4-5-is-now-available/

it looks like a significant upgrade, specifically this part " Especially with the new custom Linux kernel, the sound improvement of the mid-low range is noticeably made."

This will be my first firmware upgrade since intital purchase so hoping for a smooth process.

4 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

Thanks for this. I hadn't noticed either. When you say you upgraded via "micro sd card restore" do you mean you used the method described in this link?

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

Yes, it's a straightforward process. Sometimes dd utility will claim failure, but on a second or third try it will work. Probably Etcher would work as well, but I’m not sure.

Thanks guys, I shall definitely give this a try at the weekend and report back.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Why does the update take “2 to 5 hours”.  Seams a very long time?

46 minutes ago, ronfint said:

If you update as described in lasker98’s post above, the whole process should take less than a half hour.

Yes, agreed.  I’m just curious as to why the on line method takes so long.