The Computer Audiophile

Nativ: High-Res Music System & Touchscreen Control

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I just received an email from the company marketing these, which I've included below. It certainly looks like a potentially interesting product. And if the list prices are legitimate, this very early offer could be interesting. However, with no solid information about this, no idea of build quality, etc., it's a risky proposition.

JC

[TABLE=width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: full_rw_td-txt]The (super) early bird

catches the worm![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: full_rw_td-txt]Missed out on the super early bird special for Nativ Vita? Here is a last chance to get yours at the lowest price you will ever see:

Nativ Vita for $699. Save $900.

Nativ Vita (2TB) for $799. Save $1000.

Only 10 units are available each.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I have been considering it for a while, but I have not been able to really make up my mind about it. The pictures are lovely. :)

-Paul

Agreed, Paul. But with a completely unknown company and product, who knows?

JC

really like the idea of the hdmi out. Great if you have music video mixed in with music, and thus can just send it to the TV

Styling, while they call it contemporary, looks a bit fuddy duddy, should be a lot sleeker

Hi Guys - Just received an update that nativ now supports Apple Music. I really look forward to getting one of these. I went out to the website again today to catch up on the latest developments etc... It looks very impressive. 

https://www.nativsound.com/en/

Check out this picture showing Roon mirrored to a Chromecast video display. Cool stuff.

Nativ-4-2-768x1024-1-768x1024.jpg

Beautiful piece of hardware, but not really functional right now...

As an early backer, I finally received my Vita last week after about 6mo+ delay.

Unfortunately, nothing else is available - the rest of the system (DAC, power supply, cd ripper, etc) are not shipping - even the remote is not included yet (supposed to be later with the DAC). Also, no app available yet to control the Vita - only the touchscreen.

I expect to use my Vita as part of my music network, with files stored on drives between a MacPro and MacMini. Unfortunately, the software hasn't implemented smb sharing as of yet - and an initial attempt to get UpnP to work on my Mac with their recommended MinimServer was unsuccessful.

I can confirm that Apple Music is listed amongst its included music services. And the Vita does allow connection to my Roon on my MacMini - so not quite a paperweight for now, but it has a ways to go before living up to its potential :-)