IGNORED

Nativ: High-Res Music System & Touchscreen Control

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an email from the company marketing these, which I've included below. It certainly looks like a potentially interesting product. And if the list prices are legitimate, this very early offer could be interesting. However, with no solid information about this, no idea of build quality, etc., it's a risky proposition.

JC

[TABLE=width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: full_rw_td-txt]The (super) early bird

catches the worm![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: full_rw_td-txt]Missed out on the super early bird special for Nativ Vita? Here is a last chance to get yours at the lowest price you will ever see:

Nativ Vita for $699. Save $900.

Nativ Vita (2TB) for $799. Save $1000.

Only 10 units are available each.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys - Just received an update that nativ now supports Apple Music. I really look forward to getting one of these. I went out to the website again today to catch up on the latest developments etc... It looks very impressive. 

https://www.nativsound.com/en/

Check out this picture showing Roon mirrored to a Chromecast video display. Cool stuff.

Nativ-4-2-768x1024-1-768x1024.jpg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Beautiful piece of hardware, but not really functional right now...

As an early backer, I finally received my Vita last week after about 6mo+ delay.

Unfortunately, nothing else is available - the rest of the system (DAC, power supply, cd ripper, etc) are not shipping - even the remote is not included yet (supposed to be later with the DAC). Also, no app available yet to control the Vita - only the touchscreen.

I expect to use my Vita as part of my music network, with files stored on drives between a MacPro and MacMini. Unfortunately, the software hasn't implemented smb sharing as of yet - and an initial attempt to get UpnP to work on my Mac with their recommended MinimServer was unsuccessful.

I can confirm that Apple Music is listed amongst its included music services. And the Vita does allow connection to my Roon on my MacMini - so not quite a paperweight for now, but it has a ways to go before living up to its potential :-)

Michael

• 4 months later...

Has anyone experience with the Vita and the CD ripper? They should be available by now ( I am not sure about the linear PS). There are several websites with announcements etc. but I can not find any review or even any comments about sound quality. I like the design and the server has a lot of output options I am interested in but the performance is what matters!

I've been keeping an eye on these as well ... Audiophonics in France have the VITA in stock and the WAVE on 15-25 days order.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

The only items that have shipped are the Vita and remote control - the DAC, ripper, etc. are all still pending - latest estimates are for shipping in Nov.

The Vita is a work in progress - well-designed and built, but still undergoing updates to enable full functionality. The latest software just added DSD playback and meta editing. Good integration of streaming services, but curious library management - tracks contained on the Vita are listed separately than network shares.

Michael

Hi - have got to report that im quite disappointed with their service. I’ve been following them for some time and even did a survey about their product features etc. they then offered me a discount that buy the product stating it’s in delivery and I should receive it two days after delivery. The turnaround time to my messages leading to payment were really fast and even at odd hours of the day. Post payment, total silence! No

word on shipment status or delivery. I have a bad feeling this thing isn’t what it’s Made out to be. I’m surprised people have even received delivery. I didn’t go in on Indiegogo but I thought now that development risk has been mitigated but looks like that’s 1.5k down the drain. I’ll let you know if I actually hear from them and if delivery happens. Till then pls let me know if you can help me with a contact there and to keep the faith with innovation. Cheers. 

Sorry to bother you all - an update. They finally replied after many reminders that they were missing a part and so hadn’t despatched it. Some contact would have been good though. I’ll see what I get and update you all on performance which is what really matters.  Cheers. 

Fingers crossed @Ashwin ... keep us updated !

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

• 4 weeks later...

I've gotten a few emails from them.  Currently they are offering the Nativ Vita as low as $699 - with a few available at that price, then more at progressively higher prices.  Thinking about getting one for my daughter and her family and sending along an 8TB HD with some of the vinyl and tape rips I did.  I gave them the little NAD D3020 which is an integrated amp with a built in DAC which only does up to 96/24. So this could do my 192/24 files and DSD files also. 

Anyone actually have a one that is fully functional?

Thanks,  Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

That's an incredible drop in price ! The only place I've seen it for sale in Europe is for €1699...

https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/lecteurs-reseau-audio/nativ-vita-lecteur-reseau-tactile-hifi-dsd256-32bit-384khz-socle-noyer-p-12264.html

7 hours ago, Charente said:

That's an incredible drop in price ! The only place I've seen it for sale in Europe is for €1699...

https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/lecteurs-reseau-audio/nativ-vita-lecteur-reseau-tactile-hifi-dsd256-32bit-384khz-socle-noyer-p-12264.html

The email I got says they have five units at $699, 10 units at $799, 15 units at $899 and 20 units at $999.  Retail is still the same. So it looks like a limited promotion.  Looks very interesting at the lower price, but I would like some feedback that this is not vaporware.     Thanks,  Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

@astrotoy ... Mmm ...That sounds like the crowdfunding campaign that I heard about before ... Audiophonics.fr however, have them in stock for shipping so maybe not 'vapour' ... would be nice to see some actual up-to-date reviews or feedback from 'real users'.

I've been an original backer of the Nativ campaign since it appeared on Indiegogo and confirm that unlike similar high-end offerings by the likes of LH Labs, the Vita is not vaporware - I have one on my desktop currently. That $699 price was their "super early bird" offering at campaign launch - this gradually increased until their $1099 price for the 2TB model, $1199 for 4TB, $1598 for 2TB SSD, and $1898 for complete system (Vita, Wave [dac], Pulse [power supply]) - there is also a CD ripper. Curious that this promotion also has graduating prices.

Only complaint: besides the Vita and remote, nothing else is available. The Vita is reliably built and a solid performer - albeit still in it's infancy stages from a software standpoint. Good integration with Roon and music services like Tidal. It's a nice LCD frontend.

HTH -

Michael

Thank-you @brucknerdoc ... does the Vita offer QOBUZ implementation ? Also, you say that the software is 'in its infancy stages' ... do you mean some functionality is missing ? Do they provide regular updates (presumably online) ?