IGNORED

Trying to use all my speakers for music/etc (Xonar U5)

First off I'm really new/noob when it comes to surround sound.

But I got it working. But my problem is that I can't seem to find a way to use ALL the speakers whenever I want to play music and such.

My setup is a "Xonar U5" hooked up with usb. it's connected with 2x2.1 trough 3.5mm. I don't know if it might be good to point out that each set of speakers is connected to a subwoffer (with RCA) that provides power.

Been searching for days but it hasn't given any results the most valid answer (which didn't work) involved going into volume control > Xonar u5 properties > enchantments and check the box for "Stereo fill".. But I don't even have that tab.

So what can I do? I don't want anything fancy like 5.1 music just plain old sound trough all the system.

/Omen

Get a Y adapter to split the signal and plug the male end into the headphone output on the Asus. Then connect both sets of speakers using the female ends of the Y. Make sure that you have your PC set to 2 channel audio. (Everything should be 2 channel, not just the Asus. Check the OS and any apps you are running.)

Get a Y adapter to split the signal and plug the male end into the headphone output on the Asus. Then connect both sets of speakers using the female ends of the Y. Make sure that you have your PC set to 2 channel audio. (Everything should be 2 channel, not just the Asus. Check the OS and any apps you are running.)

I know that is a possibility but I don't want to hassle with it when I have a brand new sound card. And if I ever want to hear something that is actually true 5.1 then I'll have to reverse the process.

I know that is a possibility but I don't want to hassle with it when I have a brand new sound card. And if I ever want to hear something that is actually true 5.1 then I'll have to reverse the process.

I'm not sure what you are looking to do. You said that you want music to come out all of your speakers and surround wasn't important. The only way that is going to happen is to get a stereo signal to all of your speakers. You can still use your sound card but if you plug your speakers into surround ports like center and rear, that's what you're going to get.

I'm not sure what you are looking to do. You said that you want music to come out all of your speakers and surround wasn't important. The only way that is going to happen is to get a stereo signal to all of your speakers. You can still use your sound card but if you plug your speakers into surround ports like center and rear, that's what you're going to get.

Surround will always be important but it just feels bad having to split the sound from one output when I'm sitting on a new 90$ soundcard (the cost for it here). I would want to automate it, so when I play movies with 5.1 it would be regular 5.1 but everything else upmixed from stereo to 5.1.

Do you know any software etc that can give stereo signal to the rest of the speakers, without having to switch cables all the time?

Sorry if I come off as arrogant/douchebag, it's not my intention, I'm just really angry and sad that nothing works at the moment

"Do you know any software etc that can give stereo signal to the rest of the speakers, without having to switch cables all the time?"

If there is, I don't know about it. But that doesn't mean I'm right. I know quite a bit when it comes to stereo, but for surround, I'm sure some of the other members know a lot more than I do. If you can't make the adjustment with the software Asus gives you and/or the OS control panels, I don't know what else to do. You can do what you're asking with hardware. If you get a y connector and run it to an input selector, that would enable you switch between full range stereo outputs like the headphone jack, and surround outputs.

If there is, I don't know about it. But that doesn't mean I'm right. I know quite a bit when it comes to stereo, but for surround, I'm sure some of the other members know a lot more than I do. If you can't make the adjustment with the software Asus gives you and/or the OS control panels, I don't know what else to do. You can do what you're asking with hardware. If you get a y connector and run it to an input selector, that would enable you switch between full range stereo outputs like the headphone jack, and surround outputs.

Asus is notorious for having bad software and I don't know if I have to enable/fix something on the windows front to enable that sort of feature.

It's not really that simple the 2 sets of speakers are connected each to a seperate port. So I still have to go and manually switch the outputs, unless I use and input selector but that would require 3.5mm extension cords? Not sure if it would work since the cables are extended to max without losing signal quality.