IGNORED

Yosemite, M2Tech Young Dac, Audirvana reverts to Built-in-speakers and or the Mac to HDMI or Built-in-Speakers

BMWBOO

Hi!

I just recently upgraded to the latest version of Audirvana.

I don´t know what happend, erlier it was just to start everything up and start playing.

Now I have to select the Young Dac in the Output pane of Sound preferences on the Mac

then I have to go into Audio system settings in Audirvana and change the Preferred Audio device every time.

Audirvana seems to revert to Built-in-speakers all the time.

This did not happen before.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Cheers!

/Magnus

Hi!

I just recently upgraded to the latest version of Audirvana.

I don´t know what happend, erlier it was just to start everything up and start playing.

Now I have to select the Young Dac in the Output pane of Sound preferences on the Mac

then I have to go into Audio system settings in Audirvana and change the Preferred Audio device every time.

Audirvana seems to revert to Built-in-speakers all the time.

This did not happen before.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Cheers!

/Magnus

Hey Magnus, it could be a bug, it can help others try to reproduce it in their systems, including Damien who is the developer, so for that post the steps where you repeatedly get the same issue.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Well I have to chose Young on the Mac and in the sound preference every time I start from scratch.

If I select direct, it would not play, but if I start playing then I can check the direct box and all works fine. Next time I start I have to go through the same steps again.

Ok so now I have narrowed it down to Direct mode. When checking Direct mode it won't work. Checking Direct mode after I start playing works. But does Direct mode take effect?

Does Integer mode work when Direct mode is un checked?

Problem solved...

changed the native DSD capability to DSD over PCM standard 1.0 and now direct mode is checked and all works the way it should. But now I get swoping in upsampling over 88.2

But I guess I can live with that.