IGNORED

Streaming SACD iOS in NAS, possible?

Here is what I currently have:

Flacs on Synology NAS, running Logitech Media Server and streaming to SqueezeBox Touch and to DAC. I love this setup, easy and fast, works flawlessly...however, this setup doesn't support DSD.

So for DSD playing, I use Sony Z1ES, sound quality, no complain, but feature-wire, it a pain. Have to convert ISO to DSF files, copy to Z1ES (which is extremely slow), and gapless is not, so made a big def file for each ISO, takes a year to copy.

Now, after these years, I really want find new solution, which can streaming flacs and SACD ISOs from NAS altogether, to a networked streamer and then to my DSD capable DAC..

But did some research, I still have no idea which server and which streamer will have the features I need? Thanks a lot!

JRiver DLNA supports ISOs (I'd change the title to read "ISOs" not IOS or you'll get less viewers). Put a JRiver ID in, or some Windows , MAc or Linux computer in your network, point it to the NAS for its library, and run JRemote on an iPad.

Sorry I have changed the title, was bad spelling checking.

I currently have no PC in the audio chain, used to have a Mmac Mini several years ago and dead due to overheating. For this reason, I will give JRiver a try, but maybe still prefer a none PC solution if it's ever possible...

I have downloaded JRiver trail for Mac, looks like it works very well for SCAD ISOs.

I haven't decided yet if I should buy the license, one thing is I still don't like the idea of audio PC.

Another thing, I want research is, JRemote. If I ever decide to use JRiver as player, a decent remote APP is a must, like how I am using LMS remote. But, I found one important feature is missing in JRemote, there is no folder view!

I never play my music by using album view since I organize my music by my own splits into folders.

Can someone confirm if there is folder view or browse /play by folders in JRemote iOS? (I read a mini review for JRemote android APP, the reviewer says no folder view....)

Thanks a lot!

Anything can be created in views, lljames. For folder view simply create a new view based on file path. Then once done import it into JRemote. All those steps are pointed out in this thread

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/j-river-tips-and-techniques-user-experiences-repository-13684/

and in my video links below. JRemote is widely considered one of the best remote apps in the business.

Here's the simple view (create new view, empty view, add file path, browse to parent directory). The view can be panes or catgeogries, doesn't matter cuz JRemote always shows as cover art.

folder view.jpg

Here is what it looks like when imported to JRemote. Those are my subdirectories, and when clicking on them then the child folders are displayed, etc etc.

IMG_0075.jpg