IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2 & A+ Remote – feature requests

Happy Audirvana user here- thanks for great program. This may have been asked already.

Would love a way to more quickly change DACs - rather than preferences/audio system/... Maybe have a DAC icon on the top right of the main screen. Would also be great for a couple of other commonly used settings that are toggled - EQ and up sampling.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Damien,

Please add Folder navigation to A+ and A Remote!!!!!!!

also:

- Artist bio, lyrics

- Full screen cover view

- Prevent A Remote screen from dimming

- A Remote modern and latest iOS style design

- A Remote playback navigation from locked screen

- A Remote hardware buttons volume control

- A Remote autoconnect

- Auto import from NAS

- Start mac and A+ from A Remote

- Simple view mode

- Memory playback for albums

- Auto tagging, cover download

- Dark (night) mode

- Sound quality improvements :)

dCS Bartók > ATC SCA2 > ATC SCM 50ASLT

- Artist bio, lyrics

- Full screen cover view

- A Remote autoconnect

- Auto tagging, cover download

Some great ideas... No clue how feasible they are, though.

I would very much welcome more on the metadata front. Linking into to some musical database to play '6 degrees of separation' - a la, Roon, would be great. I know Damien's got that for streamers.. But I've already made that point to Damien...

Not sure what Damien can do about improving connection issues. It can be annoying having to mess with my wifi settings to restore connection to the A+ remote.

I'm hoping the remote may work a little snappier in future releases... But perhaps it can never be as fast as the App on the Mac...?

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Hi I have been using A+ for some years now and have been thtrough It's ups and downs, still It is the best affordable player for me. I have recently bought an Ipad mini3 I have found on sale and started using A+ remote. I t works fine but takes at least 20 minutes to load the artists/albums/playlists data and etc from the A+ application on my Mac Mini into the app.

So each Time I have to use It I have to schedjule before. That is also the case with my A+ application on my mac mini where at least a quarter of an hour is needed before It is ready to go. My files are in a Netgear Nas and are about 6gb.

I have observed that Jriver which I do not like nor as an interface nor as sound quality loads almost instantly on my mac in comparison. Also Tidal on the mac and on the remote A+ app loads instanlty. What is going on? Why do my local files appear to take forever to load and streaming loads instantly? I do not know If I do something wrong but Faster bootup and library/data loading times are definitely requested since this annoying quirck is the only let down (but still a serious one) to an otherwise excellent application set.

All the above stated in good will and in an effort to perfect the A+ application set which I love.

- NAA output (would certainly be great with the incoming microrendu...)

+1

These or similar feature to stream over Ethernet to a thin client endpoint will be really awesome.

It will end the issue of the problematic long USB cable or the necessity to have your computer close to the audiosystem/rack.

almost all of mentioned features above have JRiver with JRemote :)

Ah! I had no idea remotes could start up the Mac and the like! Good to know. [emoji1417]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

- export library info and search results (artists and albums, possibly artwork) in list format for sharing with others.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

• 4 weeks later...
[…] Would love a way to more quickly change DACs - rather than preferences/audio system/... Maybe have a DAC icon on the top right of the main screen. Would also be great for a couple of other commonly used settings that are toggled - EQ and up sampling.

Thanks,

Yes, a feature for handling settings profiles and quickly changing between them is much needed, like JRiver Media Center's zones feature. I only use Audirvana for one of my setups (my speaker setup with a fully digital amp connected via USB) and JRiver MC for my other ones (one-click-switching between M2Tech hiFace for my Apogee Mini-DAC, built-in S/PDIF for Paradisea tube-DAC and USB for my fully digital amp, each with its own settings, using JRiver's zones feature), since it's much too cumbersome and tedious to change all the settings by hand in Audirvana.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

Too many A+ 2 threads btw...

+1

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

All current Audirvana conversation is usually kept in the thread with the most recent version […]

This thread is meant for feature requests, not general discussion of A+. That's why it says "feature requests" in the title. (Since no version 3 of A+ has yet been released the title still refers to the current version.)

I think it's a good idea to keep such requests/suggestions in a seperate thread, so that the developer can find them easily.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

• 2 weeks later...

• Ability to show Tidal streaming bitrate for tracks, without having to play the tracks in question
  • Ability to sort Tidal tracks by streaming bitrate
  • Ability to remove Tidal tracks that will only stream at 96 kbit/s from view.

• Ability to show Tidal streaming bitrate for tracks, without having to play the tracks in question
  • Ability to sort Tidal tracks by streaming bitrate
  • Ability to remove Tidal tracks that will only stream at 96 kbit/s from view.

Need to check for 1 that will then allow 3, but 2 is not available in TIDAL API

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Need to check for 1 that will then allow 3, but 2 is not available in TIDAL API

OK!

I just noticed that when running a Premium subscription, a great many tracks that stream as FLAC with a HiFi subscription, will only stream at 96 kbit/s with Premium (despite information from Tidal indicating otherwise), so such a feature would be especially useful for Premium subscribers, but even with a HiFi subscription a few tracks will only stream as AAC+ 96 kbit/s.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Option to manually add albums to the Audirvana library, by e.g. dragging, as with iTunes.
  2. Option to turn off auto-sync and instead use 1.
  3. Ability to export and import all playlists by a single operation. (Very handy after deleting the library files and starting over.)

… and an option in Audirvana to rebuild the library (i.e. delete the library files and create new ones) but keep the playlists intact.

Since deleting the library files and starting over every couple of months, to solve synching problems, is necessary for some users, the process should be made easier.

• 1 month later...

When I use the remote to connect to my iMac, it always turns on the iMac screen from sleep. Is there a way for the remote to access the library without turning the screen on?

I listen at night and every time I go to the browser and change songs, the computer screen turns on.

Thanks

When I use the remote to connect to my iMac, it always turns on the iMac screen from sleep. Is there a way for the remote to access the library without turning the screen on?

I listen at night and every time I go to the browser and change songs, the computer screen turns on.

Thanks

I don't think there's a way to do that. However you can always turn the brightness all the way down on the iMac when you're listening. That way, even if the screen comes on, it won't be seen.

Thanks

Early versions of A+ Remote and Audirvana Plus 2 didn't cause the screens to wake up when using the Remote app. It was introduced as a feature to solve a problem some users were having with their computers going to sleep. I and, as it seems, others have never had this problem and I would thus like to have this feature made optional. For comparison, JRemote communicates very well with JRMC without waking any screens.

Hello Damien

Thanks for the great product.

1) go to artist/go to album available while playing a track using A+ remote (for both library and Tidal)

2) have similar artists available in A+ remote

3) add/subtract songs to Tidal playlist with A+ remote

4) being able to have a mixed Tidal/library playlist

5) ability to sort albums by year in Tidal for the same artist

In general have most of the Tidal iPhone/iPad app features available in A+ remote as well

Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)