IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2 & A+ Remote – feature requests

As per the heading, here are some of mine:

• Please make the computer wake-up feature optional – I don't need it and it keeps waking my screens as soon as I use A+ Remote. When I listen to music I want my screens peacefully asleep, but readily available in case I need to do something that is too cumbersome via A+ Remote or VNC.
  • Ability to view the individual per-track images that some of my audio files have (as metadata tags) and that e.g. iTunes and JRiver MC are courteous enough to let me see.
  • Ability to view any and all image, text and PDF files, present in album folders, in A+ Remote.
  • Ability to view and edit metadata with A+ Remote.
  • Automatic attenuation to avoid clipping intersample peaks from software upsampling, DAC oversampling or decoding of MP3/AAC. I think JRiver MC accomplishes this by analyzing an oversampled (say, eight times using a resource efficient algorithm) and decoded version of each file and putting the result in a metadata tag (called 'True Peak (R128)'). Since the actual intersample peaks will vary according to DAC and amount and type of software resampling used during playback, the automatic attenuation would have to be slightly exaggerated to be on the safe side. The simplest solution would be to just use the tag produced by JRMC.
  • The previous suggestion could be extended to facilitate volume levelling using e.g. the R128 standard à la JRMC (as above, the simplest solution would be to use the JRMC tags).

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

As per the heading, here are some of mine:

• Please make the computer wake-up feature optional – I don't need it and it keeps waking my screens as soon as I use A+ Remote. When I listen to music I want my screens peacefully asleep, but readily available in case I need to do something that is too cumbersome via A+ Remote or VNC.

+1 This bug sometime even prohibits the remote app to function (with a "Loading..." message). Then I need to enter my computer password to unlock the screen, then the remote app will respond again.

+1 for editing metadata through the iOS remote. Plus a way to enrich metadata - semi-automatically. Not sure if this is too problematic - but would like to be able to automatically add metadata to specified fields (while leaving important fields like album artist alone).

It has been nice to be able to view PDFs via the remote. Being able to view other pics and text files would be nice.

I would like to make playlists in the remote app too. (As or there have suggested.)

Being able to make playlists on the fly from playing six degrees of separation with metadata. Some kind of automated cross-referencing system to match recording engineers or the like.

No idea how feasible, but like the idea of being able to pull up Wikipedia pages based on metadata.

Glad that after all these extra features A+ is sounding better than ever. Kudos Damien.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

A+ Remote

• Show track durations in the Play Queue list.
  • Show remaining playback time for the queue, instead of total, in the Play Queue view (upper left, under the heading "Play Queue"). I want to know if I have ten minutes or three hours of music listening ahead of me …

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

Is the 'edit' + click and drag not sufficient for sorting tracks in your playlist?

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

• 4 weeks later...

Seems this one has been requested over and over again:

Please include "Sort Artist" and "Sort Album Artists" tags so that users can fix the sorting to their liking, e.g. The Beatles coming under B rather than T; artists names beginning with a lower case letter e.g. wAgAwAgA, senking, or μ-Ziq appearing in the correct order rather than right at the end after z; Artists with accented first letters appearing in correct order rather than after z e.g. Ásgeir.

Damien: this has been requested since 2.0 was released....please could you make this happen? Merci! :-)

I've changed the album artist tags to drop 'The...' I've left the artist tag with it. This allows The Beatles to be sorted with the other Bs in the library.

It may be a little tedious to go through your titles, but you only have to do it once... Just a thought....

Seems this one has been requested over and over again:

Please include "Sort Artist" and "Sort Album Artists" tags so that users can fix the sorting to their liking, e.g. The Beatles coming under B rather than T; artists names beginning with a lower case letter e.g. wAgAwAgA, senking, or μ-Ziq appearing in the correct order rather than right at the end after z; Artists with accented first letters appearing in correct order rather than after z e.g. Ásgeir.

Damien: this has been requested since 2.0 was released....please could you make this happen? Merci! :-)

This will come with 2.6

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

• Desktop app: Feature that stops/pauses playback after the currently playing track. JRMC has this sort of feature and I find it very useful for taking listening pauses, e.g. to get tea, food, go to the loo, &c. Breaking off in the middle of a track is just … disrespectful.
  • A+ Remote: Tidal: Ability to "Add to Playlist", as with the desktop application.
  • Desktop app:Ability to click and drag Tidal items as with local items (tracks/albums).
  • Desktop app:Ability to edit metadata when more than one album is selected in albums view, instead of the metadata pane just saying "Multiple albums selected". One may want to set e.g. the genre, artist, album artist, album title, or rating, to the same value for several albums.

+1 on editing playlists through the remote app (if just being able to add to a playlist)

+1 editing metadata on multiple albums would be fabulous... If possible?

• Hyperlinks, like the ones for Tidal albums/tracks, for local albums/tracks too.

- NAA output (would certainly be great with the incoming microrendu...)

- LastFM scrobbling (lost it when I decided not to use iTunes anymore)

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

- LastFM scrobbling (lost it when I decided not to use iTunes anymore)

With the latest versions af A+ it's possible for AppleScript to fetch current playing artist, album, track etc. If you or someone else know how to script I'd be a simple task to build application sending the information to LastFM. I just haven't figured out how their API works (their API pages seemed to be broken the last time I checked).

It would be very nice to have Internet Radio with an option to save custom stations.

This is a move the latest version of Roon (1.2) has made.

Also, the library view needs some reworking. Two things regarding this: 1) I don't know why but some of the covers have some white space around the corners, while they appear fine in iTunes. 2) And very important to me: the ability to change the album sort order for each playlist, as in iTunes. I have several playlists, and, for example, my classical albums, I have them tagged with the name of the composer in the Album Title tag and then the name of the work. So, in my classical playlists it would be very useful to be able to sort them by Album Title, and leave the other playlists (Rock, Jazz) ordered by Album Artist.

I'm eager to try the new PCM>DSD conversion in forthcoming 2.5.1

• 1 month later...

To get acces to the desktop AU settings dialog from the remote app would be nice.

(I'm using my Mac Mini as a 99.9% "Audirvana player" so I really dont need a screen

for anything except these settings.)

There is a "Favorites" playlist in the desktop AU, but it's not available in the remote.

Still really dont like the volume slider.

In Remote App, sorting Albums by DATE would be great, not only by title...

i like to see all my 100 Zappa for exemple in order of release not by title name only :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

+1 for chronological ordered albums .... I have a real OCD need to see artist album in release order.

Also what about access to 'digital booklets' which some hi res download now come with ? (Sorry if this is already do'able)