IGNORED

Protected AAC Audio Files - Remove DRM?

I have several gigabytes of "Protected AAC Audio Files" in my iTunes library that I purchased back in the day when they still used DRM.

I would like to convert these to a format so I can use them in HQP or Audirvana - but haven't figured out how to do it yet.

I am aware that there is one way using iTunes Match (deleting the files and then redownloading them from the cloud) - but I am not interested in using Match.

Is there some Mac software solution to remove the DRM (assuming it is legal to do so)?

I did some googling around, but didn't come up with anything that looked legit.

If you have any advice, I am all ears.

Thanks.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

The first thing I would do is redownload your purchased music from iTunes. They used to make you pay a small fee to upgrade to "iTunes Plus," but now I think you can redownload purchased tracks without DRM for free. You do not need to pay for iTunes Match to do this.

It is NOT legal (in the US) to strip DRM from protected media. It is a direct violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

That being said, there used to be software solutions for this including jHymn and MyFairTunes, but I think development for both of them ceased long ago.

Thanks. Two problems: I am not seeing any way to redownload the purchased music. I have looked through all the dropdowns, and looked at the music store, for example. Also, even if there is a redownload option, I have checked and many of the titles are no longer available from the store. :(

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

Thanks. Two problems: I am not seeing any way to redownload the purchased music. I have looked through all the dropdowns, and looked at the music store, for example. Also, even if there is a redownload option, I have checked and many of the titles are no longer available from the store. :(

I don't have iTunes at work to look at, but I believe there is a tab on the iTunes Store for purchased music where you can view all your previous purchases.

There are still some things in my purchased library that are no longer available, though I do still have a few tracks with DRM because iTunes stopped selling them before the conversion to iTunes Plus.