IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

June Tabor and Quercus

Michael Wollny Trio

At Cork Jazz Festival two weeks ago.

Both great gigs but Quercus were stunning.

Main: Roon->Auralic Polaris ->Chord Silver Carnival ->Martin Logan EM-ESL

Office: Roon->iMac 2017->Auralic Aries Mini->Chord Mojo->PS Audio Sprout->Harbeth P3ESR or Stax SR-L500

On 11/9/2017 at 12:12 PM, MarkoF said:

June Tabor and Quercus

Michael Wollny Trio

At Cork Jazz Festival two weeks ago.

Both great gigs but Quercus were stunning.

Thanks for flagging June Tabor. I I kind of had her on my radar screen but never properly checked her out. Now that Qobuz has several ECM albums for streaming, I can listen to it directly. 

Seeing Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya at the Revolution Hall here in Stumptown on 2/21. Very excited!

Almost saw Delfeayo Marsalis at the Blue Note Napa, but the venue hosted weeklong fundraisers instead, with lots of local artists - so I donated, while out there for three weeks helping clear haz waste from the burn sites. Napa is pulling together after the fires, very good to see.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ringo Starr and his All Star Band. June 23. Tel Aviv.

That will make it 3 of 4 Beatles I've seen perform. Don't think I'm going to get a chance to see John Lennon....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 hours ago, firedog said:

Ringo Starr and his All Star Band. June 23. Tel Aviv.

That will make it 3 of 4 Beatles I've seen perform. Don't think I'm going to get a chance to see John Lennon....

Yoko might still prove her critics right and reanimate him using her powers.  

41 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I've been so busy lately, I haven't even been looking to see who is coming here this year.  I saw Dessa late last year, local literary rap artist.  Plus, she's cute, so there's that.

The most articulate lyricist in rap. Mineshaft 2 a personal favorite...

Try to see Nightmares on Wax on March 1st at the Turf Club...

The Pharcyde are playing in Oakland on Saturday, while I’m here for the fire response. Hard to make any shows though, with 12-hour + days.

I just saw that Jack DeJohnette is playing the same night. Crap.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

53 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Wow.  Did not realize they were still together and touring.  They must be complete no up on 40 years.  Talk about longevity!

Enjoy the show...

I only realised they were playing here when I saw a notice that their show on the 22nd December had been postponed. To my surprise, tickets were available for the new date. It's not a huge venue, so popular acts tend to sell out quickly.

18 hours ago, tmkirst said:

really? who might be the other contenders for the most articulate lyricist in rap?

how many thousand rap artists have you heard?

SSH

20 hours ago, tmkirst said:

I went looking for a pic I took of that concert last year (so long ago) shortly after she went blonde, but I could not find it.

Actually, I think I know where it is now.

edit, found it.

23509049_10213302317859758_5321999125175255044_o.jpg

No electron left behind.

3 hours ago, ssh said:

really? who might be the other contenders for the most articulate lyricist in rap?

how many thousand rap artists have you heard?

Sorry, do your own research :).

I have not heard a 1000 rap artists, if you have a favorite please share it - I'm like a sponge and will give it a listen.