IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

^^^ Looked around to see if Gregory Porter is making any east coast stops. Due to the nature of connectivity online, wound up clicking from link to link and finding out Richard Thompson is playing 15 minutes from my house at the Katherine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center in Old Saybrook, CT (aka "The Kate") on June 1st.

An Evening With Richard Thompson in CT Wednesday, June 1, 2016 - 7:30 pm

My wife and I are going and the best I could do was two seats one directly behind the other. There were like three more single seats available after I bought those two.

This is a 250 seat theater with excellent acoustics. Can't wait!

Wilco with Richard Thompson as opener June 4 in Philly.

Equally over-priced Peter Gabriel & Sting together near Philly.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Taking my wife to see that show--but in Lake Tahoe--in July for our 28th anniversary. Ninth row, center seats. Bought from one of those official rip-off resellers after the show was sold out. (Don't even ask. Could by a Yggy DAC and a really nice dinner out with what this is running. But she will be happy...;))

Wilco with Richard Thompson as opener June 4 in Philly.

Really was interested in seeing the Gabriel & Sting concert here in Detroit, but just had to draw the line on that pricing. Including dinner out, two tickets and parking, that was easily going to be a $600.00+ night, and as much as I love music, especially live, I just cannot go there.

JC

I do envy all of you who are going to see Richard Thompson. That should be a spectacular concert, as always. I am a huge fan of this brilliant guitar player, songwriter and gifted showman, especially live. Sadly, he is not appearing anywhere in my part of the country on this tour.

JC

I do envy all of you who are going to see Richard Thompson. That should be a spectacular concert, as always. I am a huge fan of this brilliant guitar player, songwriter and gifted showman, especially live.

JC

With Wilco he is doing the open as a solo act, so probably plenty of acoustic stuff as well as electric. Should be great!

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Tomorrow night, Friday May 20th, going to hear and see Amy Helm, Levon's daughter, at the Towne Crier club in Beacon NY.

When we saw her with Ollabelle, a few years ago, we spent about a half-hour after the concert talking with her, and she's not just an excellent musician, but a really good person too.

For now, this video:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• 3 weeks later...
Robbie Fulks at the White Eagle Saloon - Portland Oregon - This June

Just a quick note about this show, WOW. A great musician-song writer and story teller, personable entertainer backed by all star musicians. Sound was top notch, and the venue very intimate. Highly recommended!

iMac > NAD C388 Integrated with BluOS module > Linn Keilidh

• 2 weeks later...
Gregory Porter at Revolution Hall - Portland Oregon - this June

Another concert that wowed me. What a performance, it's been four days since the show, and I can't get it out of my head or heart. Music with social awareness.

iMac > NAD C388 Integrated with BluOS module > Linn Keilidh

Peter Gabriel & Sting performing together tonight across the river from Philadelphia

Just scored some free tix with my TM vouchers to see Ryan Adams, Alabama Shakes, and Brandi Carlile next month!

Okay, now I'm jealous! ;) Adams and Carlile are terrific, but I think the performance you are going to be blown away by is Alabama Shakes. Brittany Howard has an amazing presence and passion.

Have fun!

--Alex C.

Peter Gabriel & Sting performing together tonight across the river from Philadelphia

Yes, my wife and I will be catching them at Lake Tahoe here in California the middle of July. Great seats, but for what we paid I could put together an entire very musical entry-level high-end hi-fi system for someone.

But it's our 28th anniversary and we rarely get away…

My wife's a big PG fan (me too), but she thinks he looks like Uncle Fester these days. ;)

Saw them both, along with Springsteen, Tracy Chapman and Youssou N'Dour a long time ago. Great show.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.