IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

In May, we will see Amy Helm perform at this great, small-ish club in Beacon, NY. Saw her with Ollabelle a few times, and just love her voice and the Americana music she chooses.

In July, we will see Richard Thompson perform solo at this fine outdoor concert space, Caramoor. We've seen him before both solo and with a group, and enjoy solo much more. I've never seen a musician both so comfortable on the stage and someone who seems to like his audience so much.

Very very very excited by both ahead.

Dave, who spent about a half-hour talking with Ms. Helm after one of her concerts and she's also an elegant and friendly woman

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In May, we will see Amy Helm perform at this great, small-ish club in Beacon, NY. Saw her with Ollabelle a few times, and just love her voice and the Americana music she chooses.

In July, we will see Richard Thompson perform solo at this fine outdoor concert space, Caramoor. We've seen him before both solo and with a group, and enjoy solo much more. I've never seen a musician both so comfortable on the stage and someone who seems to like his audience so much.

Very very very excited by both ahead.

Dave, who spent about a half-hour talking with Ms. Helm after one of her concerts and she's also an elegant and friendly woman

Could not agree more on your Richard Thompson comments. I have been fortunate enough to see him three times solos and each time both the music, his wit, his stories made for an incredibly enjoyable evening. Aside from being one of the worlds acknowledged greatest guitarists, I would pay just to hear him talk to the audience for two hours!

JC

• 2 weeks later...

Really talented guy who opened for Sarah Jarosz here in Houston Sunday night, Scott Mulvahill. He did about a 45 minute set solo playing bass and mixing in some guitar. Very talented guy who gets the core of writing good songs and does so beyond his 20 years. Will be interesting to see him mature as an artist.

[video=youtube;ASr-aQaTKKM]

Saw Lucinda Williams a few weeks ago. She was great, and her band was unbelievable.

Have tickets to see The Jayhawks at Lincoln Hall in Chicago, June 7th and 8th.

Capacity is only 507 (according to Wikipedia), so get your tickets now if interested!

I saw Dream Theater twice last week, in Wallingford CT in a small venue of less than 1,500 seats then at Radio City Music Hall. They played the entire new The Astonishing album. Not for most on this forum, but if you like Pink Floyd, Yes, Rush and Metallica, and could imagine all these beautifully combined, and if you admire the most musically talented rock/prog musicians of this generation, then this is for you. The album in 24/96 is simply stunning.... Errrr astonishing.

I saw Dream Theater twice last week, in Wallingford CT in a small venue of less than 1,500 seats then at Radio City Music Hall. They played the entire new The Astonishing album. Not for most on this forum, but if you like Pink Floyd, Yes, Rush and Metallica, and could imagine all these beautifully combined, and if you admire the most musically talented rock/prog musicians of this generation, then this is for you. The album in 24/96 is simply stunning.... Errrr astonishing.

Jealous!

The guys from DT attended Berklee with a couple of my friends in the music program. Got to see them practicing a few times... Pretty awesome even then. Very technically proficient already, and working on their composition. Glad they are making it commercially as well as winning a whole s*itload of awards from industry publications.

My wife and I have tickets to ProgPower USA 17. The lineup:

Friday:

Ascendia (Canada)

Vanishing Point (Australia)

Freedom Call (Germany)

Gentle Storm (Netherlands)

Scar Symmetry (Sweden)

Fates Warning (USA) “Awaken the Guardian” in its entirety with John Arch. – a U.S. Exclusive

Saturday:

Savage Messiah (UK)

Serious Black (Multinational)

Green Carnation (Norway) “Light of Day, Day of Darkness” in its entirety. – a U.S. Exclusive

Refuge (Germany)

Haken (UK)

Devin Townsend (Canada) with special guest, Anneke van Giersbergen

Beyond excited for Devin Townsend, Haken and Scar Symmetry.

Anneke has an incredible voice.

If I am anything, I am a music lover and a pragmatist.

Avett Brothers, outdoors, Philly, tonight.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Avett Brothers, outdoors, Philly, tonight.

You are going to have a blast! They put on a great show. Saw them in Hanford, CA last year. Way more energy in their live shows than on record. If I told my wife you are seeing them she'd be wanting to book a flight. ;)

Have fun my friend!

--Alex C.

P.S. Maybe phone me this coming week to catch up if you have time.

--Alex C.

P.S. Maybe phone me this coming week to catch up if you have time.

It's a date! :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I saw the reference to Karryn Allyson at the beginning of the thread. I saw her at Birdland on April 12th. Superb show.

image.jpg

Got out back up to NYC to the Jazz Standard for Patricia Barber on April 24th. Another great show.

image.jpg

Finally May 10th at Dizzy's Club Coca Cola for the superb Jeff Hamilton Trio.

image.jpg