IGNORED

Song of the Day (or welcome to the ADD Generation).....

23 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

(mongolian pop, pt.1)

4 hours ago, accwai said:

And this one? x-D

カチューシャ

金元寿子, 上坂すみれ

This is probably the closest I ever got to Russian influences (with a heavy German accent) in pop/rock x-D

AFAIK she was very popular in the SU (I think @AnotherSpin could confirm or deny it)

51 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

This is probably the closest I ever got to Russian influences (with a heavy German accent) in pop/rock x-D

AFAIK she was very popular in the SU (I think @AnotherSpin could confirm or deny it)

Yes, she was. I am not sure, but Nina Hagen was born in DDR, in Soviet-occupied zone of Germany. As some members of Rammstein too. Some other successful German acts exploited similar themes as well, such as disco band Dschinghis Khan. One of most popular Bonney M songs was Rasputin. 

18 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Yes, she was. I am not sure, but Nina Hagen was born in DDR, in Soviet-occupied zone of Germany.

This is correct. She followed her stepfather to West Germany after East German citizenship was withdrawn from him (the story of her having been 'smuggled' to West Berlin in a suitcase is not true) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Hagen#1976–79:_Migration_to_West_Germany_and_Nina_Hagen_Band

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Actually not this version but 4 (!) other ones included on 'Coltrane (Deluxe Edition)' double CD. I've just discovered them (probably quite late, I know) - I only have the basic version on 'Complete Classic Quartet' CD box and the AP 'Coltrane' SACD so will try to get the Deluxe E. as cheap as possible as I love the piece. MP3 streaming :(