IGNORED

Song of the Day (or welcome to the ADD Generation).....

Chopin: Ballade No. 4 in F minor, Op. 52

Kate Liu

Seong-Jin Cho has an upcoming gig at Toronto's Koerner Hall later on in 2018, and Charles Richard-Hamelin has one in early 2019. Not so for Kate Liu unfortunately. Hopefully she'll be here some day. She look so angelic, kind of like the exact opposite of Yuja Wang...

On 3/17/2018 at 9:44 PM, rando said:

[...] I partially blame someone @accwai here who has been posting Initial D clips in "Song of the Day."  [...]

x-D Actually, I've been trying to avoid direct clips from Initial D. The Takumi AE86 clip was a video game reenactment. So was the GT86 clip a few days before that. The latter is likely a reference to the AE86 vs GT86 scene at the end of the 3rd New Initial D movie. Now opening theme from the Initial D live action movie:

Initial D - Gloves 2 Ali

2 hours ago, accwai said:

x-D Actually, I've been trying to avoid direct clips from Initial D. The Takumi AE86 clip was a video game reenactment. So was the GT86 clip a few days before that. The latter is likely a reference to the AE86 vs GT86 scene at the end of the 3rd New Initial D movie. Now opening theme from the Initial D live action movie:

I honestly know nothing about it other than it gets referenced in a similar way to Speed Racer in the car world. 

The only cultural reference, musically, I have is from the opening scene in the game that shipped with the first Playstation, Ridge Racer.  Far from being a dumbed down and safe kids game.  It was cinematic and engaging and screamed risky behaviors.  What really hooked me was the perfect symmetry of this soft and beautiful music portraying grace and peaceful motion into this perfectly edited short story of tire shredding action told from impossible camera angles.  Irreducibly far from the crude and brutish reality on full display at the regional race track.  

A taste of something I've been enjoying more recently.  

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

22 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

wow.

21 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Amazing music of the world...:)

Oh, just found an English copy of Lu Yiwen's biography:

http://www.hkco.org/en/Other-Members/Lu-Yiwen.html

On 3/24/2018 at 9:46 AM, christopher3393 said:

[...] "Albert Camus once wrote ‘when I describe what the catastrophe of modern man looks like, music comes into my mind – the music of Gustav Mahler’. If asked to specify a particular work, it is quite possible that Camus would have proposed Symphony No. 6 in A minor – the symphony that Bruno Walter claimed portrayed ‘a terrifying, hopeless darkness, without a human sound’."

That's nothing. Get a load of this:

Anton Webern: Variations for piano, Op. 27

Glenn Gould

O.o The informative video below might provide some useful background:

Anton von Webern, explained in 10 minutes