IGNORED

New Lumin U1 Network Music Transport (for DAC owners)

LUMIN-U1_front.jpg

After years of requests from existing high-end DAC owners, the LUMIN team have taken the finest components from the flagship S1 model and developed them specifically for digital processing and output. Using a new dedicated LUMIN U1 processor adds upsampling and downsampling for every supported format – all the way from 44.1kHz to DSD128 and DXD – providing maximum DAC compatibility and optimization.

As well as supporting DSD output over SPDIF (via DoP), LUMIN U1 also adds DSD128 digital output via 2 new USB ports.

> The Lumin App (iOS and Android)

> Typical Configuration

LUMIN U1 - A LUMIN for DAC owners

Transport-only unit based on the award-winning LUMIN S1

5 types of digital audio output including new USB

DSD128 5.6MHz

PCM 44.1–384kHz 16–32bit

Native Tidal & Qobuz support

Lumin_A1_1.png

UNIVERSAL

Effortlessly plays everything from DSD 128 5.6Mhz through high-res PCM to mainstream formats FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3 and Internet radio streams.

Lumin_A1_2.jpg

SEAMLESS

Gapless Playback, On-Device Playlists and robust music buffering provide a superior playback experience, free from distractions.

Lumin_A1_3.jpg

BEAUTIFUL

Precision-machined from a solid block of aluminium using the finest materials, LUMIN deserves a place at the top of any audiophile's hi-fi.

Lumin_A1_4.jpg

NO COMPROMISE

The highest-grade matching components, circuit design and spacious layout include true balanced audio outputs and an external toroidal power supply.

Lumin_A1_5.jpg

INTUITIVE

A superbly natural, attractive and uniquely designed iOS (Apple) and Android apps make music browsing and selection a pleasure for everyone.

All LUMIN control is achieved through the LUMIN App. We've created it in harmony with the LUMIN hardware to deliver the most intuitive and visually rich way to browse, select and play your music collection.

The recent transition from physical music to digital collections hasn't always retained everything we value in the tactile and stimulating process of music selection. we know how precious music is; that the artwork and album structure are important parts of the browsing and selection process; and we know that filenames, codecs and data can sometimes get in the way.

The LUMIN App introduces the beginnings of our vision for music browsing and covers the basics. Many updates are planned, and will make music selection even easier.

How to use:

The LUMIN App is designed to be intuitive to use without any training. Most users just download the app and start playing. For those that want more information, click here

hero-app.jpg

WITH TIDAL SUPPORT

TIDAL is the first music streaming service that connects artists with fans through the best High Fidelity sound quality, High Quality music videos and expertly Curated Editorial.

lumin-tidal-qobuz.jpg

LUMIN-U1-rear.jpg

NOTE: Products purchased from unauthorized grey market dealers or from outside the USA, are not covered by this warranty within the USA, and are not provided with USA installation support or USA customer service. Furthermore, any incoming customs or broker fees are the responsibility of the buyer.

This product qualifies for Free Shipping and 5% back in points when you register for Club Ciamara Membership Rewards Program

Logo 600x295.jpg

1.844.CIAMARA (1.844.242.6272)

High End Audio Store NYC - Experience Ciamara

LUMIN-U1-angled.jpg

LUMIN-U1_powersupply.jpg

LUMIN-U1-power.jpg

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

Hello, I'm not sure you need spend time in expecting something from i2s...there is a lot of possible connections (hdmi, rj45, etc..) with different cabling and none inter-operability. There was some posts few years ago when the A1 was released on psaudio board, And clearly it was stated that it was not possible to use hdmi i2s output from the A1 to a ps audio perfect wave.....the good question is to understand what the hdmi is standing for...

By the way any feedback on this U1 ? Any review ?

Hello, I'm not sure you need spend time in expecting something from i2s...there is a lot of possible connections (hdmi, rj45, etc..) with different cabling and none inter-operability. There was some posts few years ago when the A1 was released on psaudio board, And clearly it was stated that it was not possible to use hdmi i2s output from the A1 to a ps audio perfect wave.....the good question is to understand what the hdmi is standing for...

Yes, I believe this was me, since I own the DirectStream and the A1.

There exist quite a lot of confusion on the HDMI vs I2s, but I believe it is explained fairly well at the PS Audio forum.

We so offer a 30-day home trial of the U1, so if anyone wants to take one for a spin just let us know.

Cheers!

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

It is a real good proposal. I have a brand new U1 at home for tests and it requires a long burning time. Just out of the box and during 50-60 hours, the sound quality was not perfect especially on timbre/tone especially on piano.

Now it starts to be very good.

Other issue, I have some difficulties with network depending on the Ethernet cable used. I loose the network with a "network error" message on the U1. With same Ethernet cable no problem at all on other renderers like TRINNOV Amethyst.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, I believe this was me, since I own the DirectStream and the A1.

There exist quite a lot of confusion on the HDMI vs I2s, but I believe it is explained fairly well at the PS Audio forum.

Clearly, this Lumin U1 is NOT for you. You need to buy the Lumin S1.

I know because I own the PS-Audio Directstream with the Bridge II card and the Lumin S1; I prefer to play my music through the S1 most of the time. No more issue with HDMI or the IS2 because I don't need it.

If you insist on using the Directream for the DAC, then just buy the Bridge II card and be done with it.

(Audio)

Clearly, this Lumin U1 is NOT for you. You need to buy the Lumin S1.

I know because I own the PS-Audio Directstream with the Bridge II card and the Lumin S1; I prefer to play my music through the S1 most of the time. No more issue with HDMI or the IS2 because I don't need it.

If you insist on using the Directream for the DAC, then just buy the Bridge II card and be done with it.

(Audio)

Thanks for your advice, but I have got other plans.

• 4 months later...