IGNORED

wtfplay

sligolad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

Last couple of months have been quite demanding for me. I had to look after a couple of other things and had very little time to to work on wtfplay. Now I can see that situation is slowly going back to normal and come back to my normal routine.

In terms of RPi question: the answer for today is: I do not know. I December last year I purchased this baby:

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G150229074080

and started porting wtfplay-live for it. I will report the progress.

F

• 2 weeks later...

2 years this week since launch and it is still one of the great undiscovered sound quality improvements to be discovered by many so called sound quality purists!!
Hard to believe but we can be glad that we are the lucky ones to discover this great player :-)

Thank you Fryderyk.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

On 2/8/2018 at 6:38 PM, frd__ said:

that situation is slowly going back to normal and come back to my normal routine

Hi Fryderyk. I've a question about gapless playout ...

Based on your experience what's the easier way (and less sound impacting) to implement gapless for DSD? I mean, is it better to go through the load of single dsf/dff tracks one after another or loading a full .ISO image in dram could be the way (considering at least 8/16GB available).

Have a nice day. Massimiliano

On 2/28/2018 at 10:56 PM, frd__ said:

I am at the opinion that loading full ISO/album/files into a single memory block

That's cool ... I'm not aware of any Linux player capable to do it (and none of the others have the same audio quality of WTF)

Have a nice day. Massimiliano

On 2/26/2018 at 10:58 AM, Ipoci said:

Hi Fryderyk.

On 2/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, frd__ said:

December last year I purchased this baby:

How are you getting with the porting? I am really intrigued with this new hardware. Any chance you could explain a little of how it will output to a DAC?

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge." Daniel.J.Boorstin

On 2/8/2018 at 6:38 PM, frd__ said:

Hi there,

Last couple of months have been quite demanding for me. I had to look after a couple of other things and had very little time to to work on wtfplay. Now I can see that situation is slowly going back to normal and come back to my normal routine.

In terms of RPi question: the answer for today is: I do not know. I December last year I purchased this baby:

F

I assume the version you would be porting to that Odroid board would work with a network connection? 

I have a few suggestions: 

- have the option of launching wtfcui automatically

This would avoid typing the command and allow using more easily  one of those small programmable keyboards mentioned earlier in the thread. The option could be stored on the boot drive as with the other settings. 

- the option of automatically adding to the playlist  all the files on a given drive (working through all folders on the drive) could also be really convenient as this means you could actually boot up your computer and just use one key to start the music and stop it. I believe with this a screen would not be needed in most listening situations. 

- would it be possible to have a key to completely erase the playlist (unless I am mistaken the files can only be removed one by one)? 

As of now, if I wanted to avoid connecting a screen to launch a playlist I could load a drive (USB) with a bunch of tracks on the root directory, the boot my pc, type blindly "wtfcui" to launch the gui, hit enter to select the drive, type shift+a to select all tracks, then tab to move to the playlist and enter to start playing. Doable... 

That's it. Truly excellent work and two thumbs up to frd_

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...