IGNORED

Convert playlist in J River to MP3

Ludimagis

In the past I have been able to convert entire albums to MP3 files so that I could load them onto a Sandisk MP3 Player.

but when I did this, all of the albums ended up with each song duplicated;..one song as WAV and also as MP3.

I just created an playlist (300+ songs) from multiple albums. I want to convert the entire playlist to MP3 files so that I can load them on to another MP3 Player.

As a test, I did convert 1 song from the playlist to MP3 and the process appeared to happen sucessfully; but when I view the file type of that song within the playlist, it still shows up as a WAV file.

So my question is; Can I convert the entire playlist (from playlist) to MP3 and have it as a new MP3 playlist?

Any insight is apprectiated!

In the past I have been able to convert entire albums to MP3 files so that I could load them onto a Sandisk MP3 Player.

but when I did this, all of the albums ended up with each song duplicated;..one song as WAV and also as MP3.

I just created an playlist (300+ songs) from multiple albums. I want to convert the entire playlist to MP3 files so that I can load them on to another MP3 Player.

As a test, I did convert 1 song from the playlist to MP3 and the process appeared to happen sucessfully; but when I view the file type of that song within the playlist, it still shows up as a WAV file.

So my question is; Can I convert the entire playlist (from playlist) to MP3 and have it as a new MP3 playlist?

Any insight is apprectiated!

What format are the files in now that on are your playlist? You should be able to select files on a playlist, right click, library tools, convert format and then choose your desired format & other options, Convert.

What format are the files in now that on are your playlist? You should be able to select files on a playlist, right click, library tools, convert format and then choose your desired format & other options, Convert.

Thanks Possum - Most of them are wav and a few are ape.

That is exactly what I did to convert, but when I look at the file in the playlist it still shows up as a wav....Now when I look at the file in my audio collection, both the wav and the mp3 are listed.

I just tring to be certain that the files in the playlist are actually mp3... as in 2 test files, they still show up as wav in the playlist.

Guess that I'm trying to avoid rebuilding the entire list with MP3 after the conversion.

Thanks Possum - Most of them are wav and a few are ape.

That is exactly what I did to convert, but when I look at the file in the playlist it still shows up as a wav....Now when I look at the file in my audio collection, both the wav and the mp3 are listed.

I just tring to be certain that the files in the playlist are actually mp3... as in 2 test files, they still show up as wav in the playlist.

Guess that I'm trying to avoid rebuilding the entire list with MP3 after the conversion.

If you're converting though won't you have two copies of the file unless you specifically tell the converter not to keep the original? That would be why you get another copy. You could always tell the converter to output the conversion to a directory not monitored by JRiver which should avoid duplicates showing up and you easily just move the conversions to the other device.

If you're converting though won't you have two copies of the file unless you specifically tell the converter not to keep the original? That would be why you get another copy. You could always tell the converter to output the conversion to a directory not monitored by JRiver which should avoid duplicates showing up and you easily just move the conversions to the other device.

Thanks again Possum! , your suggestions got me going in the right direction and I was able to complete this. It was actually straight forward.

When I converted the playlist to mp3; it did leave me with 2 copies of each; wav & mp3.

So I created a Smartlist of all my mp3 (which was my playlist) and then exported that to my MP3 Player.

Then I just deleted the mp3 smartlist as I didn't need it for anything else.