IGNORED

Audirvana & replaygain

mario620

• 6 months later...

I don't think Audirvana currently supports replaygain tags. I seem to remember there was some talk that it might be included in a new version but haven't heard any more. I would really like to see A+ support both replaygain and iTunNORM tags....

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

I don't think Audirvana currently supports replaygain tags. I seem to remember there was some talk that it might be included in a new version but haven't heard any more. I would really like to see A+ support both replaygain and iTunNORM tags....

ReplayGain support (both analysis and playback) is coming with version 2.6

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Nice. Presumably analysis would not work for those only using A+ in iTunes integrated mode. For those users with files that are already tagged, which tags will be recognised?

The ReplayGain ones by default.

But note that in the Library mode that I strongly advise to use, when using the iTunes library synchronization, the volumeNormalizationEnergy value from iTunes is translated into replayGain value if this one is missing from the audio file.

Or you can ask Audirvana Plus to analyse the files to compute replayGain.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

The ReplayGain ones by default.

Will reading iTunNORM be possible as a non-default option? That's what iTunes and iVolume use, right?

But note that in the Library mode that I strongly advise to use, when using the iTunes library synchronization, the volumeNormalizationEnergy value from iTunes is translated into replayGain value if this one is missing from the audio file.

Gosh, now I'm confused (I should add I really have no idea, just what I have read on the 'net)... so there are 3 different possible tags: Replaygain, iTunNORM, and volumeNormalizationEnergy? What's the difference between the last two?

Or you can ask Audirvana Plus to analyse the files to compute replayGain.

Will that be possible for those who don't want to use Library mode?

PS - I'm sure it must be a pain continuing to support integrated mode, but it's one of the big advantages of A+ compared to other players.

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

• 1 year later...

I have Audirvana 3.2.8., but lately the last 256 albums are not processed by ReplayGain.

All my albums are in ALAC.

I did start all over again, but that not worked too.

So, I don't know what to do anymore.

Perhaps someone known how to solve this issue?