IGNORED

Mpad - can't get it to see the mpd active on my music server

patricia1066

I'm setting up a server with OpenMediaVault and mpd is active, and the config file shows the correct music share.

I recently purchased mpad for my iPad Air 2 and cannot get it to see the right music share.

The OpenMediaVault server doesn't have wifi, I wonder if that is relevant, but it is on the same network.

It can see the library on my Mac mini, but can't play it.

There are no settings to deselect a music share, and the developer isn't replying to his forum questions.

If anyone has a similar setup I'd love your opinion

Patricia[br]My system: Acer Aspire Revo 160GB; OS Vortexbox 1.4 serving flac > Squeezebox Classic > Cambridge Audio Dacmagic > Talk Electronic Cyclone 1.2 amplifier > Acoustic Research Status S50 > REL Strata sub.

I'm setting up a server with OpenMediaVault and mpd is active, and the config file shows the correct music share.

I recently purchased mpad for my iPad Air 2 and cannot get it to see the right music share.

The OpenMediaVault server doesn't have wifi, I wonder if that is relevant, but it is on the same network.

It can see the library on my Mac mini, but can't play it.

There are no settings to deselect a music share, and the developer isn't replying to his forum questions.

If anyone has a similar setup I'd love your opinion

I've had a quick search for OpenMediaVault and found out that it is a distribution for NAS software based on Debian. Normally with a Debian mpd package you would have to configure it from the command line - there isn't a web based interface to configure mpd like there is on some audiophile distros such as Volumio or Moode audio. Can you tell if mpd is actually running on the OpenMediaVault server? Or if it is running is the 'zeroconf' mpd plugin running? The zeroconf plugin is what mpd uses to announce itself to applications like MPad - if it isn't running you would need to type the IP address of the OpenMediaVault server into the MPad config. Maybe you could post a link to the instructions you were following to install mpd on OpenMediaVault?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

Thanks very much for your response. I set up mpad manually with the settings from.conf file.

On OMV it's active as a service, but look here, I looked at the mpd.conf binder both 'any' and the local IP address return the same result.

root@omv:~# /usr/bin/mpd --stdout --no-daemon --verbose

Failed to bind to '[::]:6600': Address already in use

Current version of conf

user "mpd"

log_file "/var/log/mpd/mpd.log"

pid_file "/run/mpd/pid"

db_file "/var/lib/mpd/tag_cache"

state_file "/var/lib/mpd/state"

sticker_file "/var/lib/mpd/sticker.sql"

log_level "default"

bind_to_address "any"

port "6600"

music_directory "/media/20cd1f58-9bc8-44b8-9490-5c549f7353d1/Music/"

auto_update "yes"

follow_outside_symlinks "yes"

follow_inside_symlinks "yes"

playlist_directory "/media/20cd1f58-9bc8-44b8-9490-5c549f7353d1/Music/"

save_absolute_paths_in_playlists "no"

volume_normalization "no"

Linux omv 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.73-2+deb7u2 x86_64

Patricia[br]My system: Acer Aspire Revo 160GB; OS Vortexbox 1.4 serving flac > Squeezebox Classic > Cambridge Audio Dacmagic > Talk Electronic Cyclone 1.2 amplifier > Acoustic Research Status S50 > REL Strata sub.

Can you tell if mpd is actually running on the OpenMediaVault server? Or if it is running is the 'zeroconf' mpd plugin running? The zeroconf plugin is what mpd uses to announce itself to applications like MPad - if it isn't running you would need to type the IP address of the OpenMediaVault server into the MPad config. Maybe you could post a link to the instructions you were following to install mpd on OpenMediaVault?

The OMV shows which services are running, and mpd is one. On OMV the mpd plugin has instructions which advises to allow bind to any. The.conf file shows the service name is mpd, the host name is omv, which should be used on manual setting of mpad?

Network discovery has about 7 services but not bonjour or zeroconf. I checked, zeroconf isn't supported by OMV.