IGNORED

Where to get replacement tube 6N7 for Neuhaus T-2 tube amp

Does the tube have may markings? name?

There are a lot of tube sellers in internet, but using tubes from a different manufacturer (even if the tube model is same) will change the sound of the amplifier.

There are no special markings on the tube: I took some photos (Power Tube 6N7 for Neuhaus T-2 - Album on Imgur) - the only thing written on the tube is 6N7 and some Chinese symbol after that.

That is a Shuguang 6pn7 tube. Very cheap and dime a dozen in eBay. Don't worry and just try buy from the reputable dealers, too expensive and not enough choice. eBay will be fine. Try tube rolling different Chinese brands too. If money is no object then please try the 6H7C or 6N7 ones.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

6SN7 is not the same tube.

At the price point that is being discussed, reputation is irrelevant, you can buy two quad and have your pick.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

My 3 year old Neuhaus T-2 has a broken driver tube 6N7. I contacted Neuhaus, but didn’t get any reply (which is very disappointing). So where can I get tubes for this amp??? Preferably in Australia, but overseas would be fine too.

Many thanks!

These are not hard to find but have gotten pretty expensive. Right now on eBay there's a listing for British Haltrons, $25 a quad, which seems like a ridiculous bargain. I'd avoid the Chinese and Russian ones if possible, they are not as nice-sounding as the old American and Euro versions. The really lovely ones are the Mullard ECC31s but these are getting hard to find and can be very expensive. The American tall bottles (6N7G)are hard to find as well. Thomas Mayer at VinylSavor did a feature on them and now everyone wants them. :-). The problem is that the two halves are often poorly matched, which is pretty critical for a driver tube.

I have a ton of American ones and French Visseaux I bought for a series of projects ages ago. If you want to send me a private message I'll match a pair and send them to you. They're a nice tube but they're not worth $200 a pair--except the Mullards. :-). They were made for little Class B radios during WWII.

My 3 year old Neuhaus T-2 has a broken driver tube 6N7. I contacted Neuhaus, but didn’t get any reply (which is very disappointing). So where can I get tubes for this amp??? Preferably in Australia, but overseas would be fine too.

Many thanks!

On second thought, mine were pulls, but some are in pretty good shape. You're welcome to try them. OTOH there are a lot of nice RCAs for good prices on eBay. There's very little difference between most of them, sonically speaking. The American ones are all pretty much the same.

ETA: Okay, I just looked at the amp. Odd choice for an output tube but, as someone esle said, these are a dime a dozen in Russia and China. They must run them in Class B. Not too many amps like that out there anymore! :-)