IGNORED

Preorder the new Luxman DA-250 DSD DAC/Headphone Amp/Class A Preamp

DA-250_front.jpg

Luxman’s DA-250 is a Class A Preamplifer, Class A Headphone Amplifier and a USB capable Digital Audio Converter packaged in a slim & compact B4 form factor. It delivers a wonderfully musical rich tone that will provide countless hours of fatigue-free listening enjoyment.

The DA-250 is the successor to the DA-200 which launched in 2010 and proved tremendously popular among desktop audio users.

Luxman’s sales team and engineers have continuously listened to end users’ comments carefully and exchanged opinions about applications and styles on how best to enjoy computer audio. Now Luxman is introducing this new USB D/A Converter DA-250 which is much improved over the DA-200 by focusing on upgrading its sound quality and adding new features and incorporating the latest technology.

Digital Circuit

USB input is compatible up to 192 kHz/32bit PCM data and DSD data (2.8MHz and 5.6MHz).

S/PDIF input handles up to 192 kHz/24bit PCM signals.

In addition to USB input, the DA-250 has a coaxial input and two optical (Toslink) inputs to enable connection with a CD player and / or DVR, satellite radio etc.

The Texas Instruments PCM1795 was selected for the DAC, which contains a 32 bit digital filter, digital signals are up-converted internally to 352.8k or 384kHz/32 bit.

Two different kinds of tone filter setting are provided and switchable to your taste (32bit digital filter for PCM and analog FIR filter for DSD).

Low phase noise clock modules are mounted independently on both 44.1 k and 48kHz channels to reduce noise around the oscillating frequency and to generate highly accurate low jitter clock signals.

By using asynchronous communication for the USB input and a DAIR high accuracy clock for S/PDIF, low jitter reduction is possible.

Analog Circuit

The configuration of D/A converter and high quality pre-amplifier circuit has been considerably upgraded in terms of both sound quality and performance.

Output signal can be selected between Fixed and Variable modes. Variable position is convenient for a direct connection to a separate type power amplifier or a powered speaker system. For example a matching LUXMAN M-200 stereo amplifier can be used to drive the loudspeakers of your preference.

Analog Input / Vinyl Recording

One analog input is available. Analog signals are converted into the digital realm by way of a built-in A/D converter TI PCM9211/DAIR. For example, the matching Luxman E-200 / 250 phono stages will allow a turntable to be connected to the DA-250 and output to 24/96 for easy recording.

The power environment of high inertia from a large power transformer to large capacity block capacitors and each circuit’s independent regulator is designed to provide a great drive impetus to the signal output, delivering large dynamic swings and maintaining image specificity across the sound-stage regardless of the listening level.

Specifications:

[TABLE=class: spec, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TH]format[/TH]

[TD] 2-channel D / A converter[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Sampling frequency[/TH]

[TD] USB input (PCM): 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz

96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz (16,24,32bit)

USB input (DSD): 2.82MHz, 5.64MHz (1bit)

OAX / OPT input: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz

96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz (16,20,32bit)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Digital input[/TH]

[TD] USB1 system, COAX1 system, OPT2 system[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Digital output[/TH]

[TD] COAX1 system, OPT1 system[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Analog output[/TH]

[TD] Unbalanced 1 system, balance 1 system, headphone 1 system[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Line output voltage / impedance[/TH]

[TD] Unbalanced: 2.5V / 300Ω, balance: 2.5V / 600Ω[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Headphone output[/TH]

[TD] 130mW + 130mW (600Ω)

400mW + 400mW (32Ω), 200mW + 200mW (16Ω)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Frequency characteristic[/TH]

[TD] 2Hz ~ 50kHz (+0, -3.0dB)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Total harmonic distortion rate[/TH]

[TD] 0.001%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] S / N ratio (IHF-A)[/TH]

[TD] 118dB[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH][/TH]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] power consumption[/TH]

[TD] 19W (in accordance with the provisions of the Electrical Appliance and Material Safety Law)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] External dimensions[/TH]

[TD] 364 (width) × 81 (height) × 279 (depth) mm

Depth includes front knob 14mm, the rear terminal 8mm[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] weight[/TH]

[TD] 5.4kg (body), 7.5kg (standard packing)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] accessories[/TH]

[TD] Remote Control (RD-24)

Power cable (JPA-10000: with polarity mark)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This product qualifies for Free Shipping and 5% back in points when you register for Club Ciamara Membership Rewards Program

Logo 600x295.jpg

1.844.CIAMARA (1.844.242.6272)

High End Audio Store NYC - Experience Ciamara

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

Hi Paul,

I updated the post with pricing information. We haven't received a full spec sheet yet, but will update the thread once it becomes available. What type of test results are you looking for?

Cheers,

Ciamara

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

Hi Paul,

I updated the post with pricing information. We haven't received a full spec sheet yet, but will update the thread once it becomes available. What type of test results are you looking for?

Cheers,

Ciamara

Thanks - that makes the DAC a bit more interesting!

I am just looking for the simple stuff, and I admit, I tend to use it to filter out DACs that would probably not be good choices for me. If I know a DAC has, for example, a poor S/NR, or can't handle inter-sample overs well, or has trouble matching volume levels between channels, then I move on to one that does not have those potential issues. Even though I am aware I may be shutting out some very interesting DACs from my consideration. :)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

This could be a great buy for $2,500. The previous Luxman products I've used all sound wonderful.

Yes, it is quite definitely on my list of interest. I plan to upgrade my system this year, and that fits right smack dab in the price range I (tentatively) allocated for the DAC. And I will be on the east cost for a bit in the next few months, so I can probably get a chance to look at and hear it too.. ;)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

This could be a great buy for $2,500. The previous Luxman products I've used all sound wonderful.

Me too. I currently use my Luxman D-06 cdp as a DAC but it is a bit long in the tooth without USB, AES, or BNC input and it does not support bit rates above 96khz. However, I did not want to spend the money for the DA-06. I wonder how this will compare???

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Me too. I currently use my Luxman D-06 cdp as a DAC but it is a bit long in the tooth without USB, AES, or BNC input and it does not support bit rates above 96khz. However, I did not want to spend the money for the DA-06. I wonder how this will compare???

Hi tboooe,

I was a big fan of the D-06 and think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the performance of the DA-250. No only does it offer the same type of musicality that Luxman is known for, but it does so at a much lower price point. We have a 30-day home trial program, so we'd be happy to send you one to try out.

Cheers

Ciamara

How does the DAC in this compare to the DA06?

I've only had the opportunity to hear the DA-250 at a show, but should be able to do a comparison once it's available.

• 6 months later...
Pricing information and any technology and test results?

The price is $2750 and the specs are

[TABLE=class: spec, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TH]Sampling frequency[/TH]

[TD] USB input (PCM): 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz

96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz (16,24,32bit)

USB input (DSD): 2.82MHz, 5.64MHz (1bit)

OAX / OPT input: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz

96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz (16,20,32bit)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Digital input[/TH]

[TD] USB1 system, COAX1 system, OPT2 system[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Digital output[/TH]

[TD] COAX1 system, OPT1 system[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Analog output[/TH]

[TD] Unbalanced 1 system, balance 1 system, headphone 1 system[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Line output voltage / impedance[/TH]

[TD] Unbalanced: 2.5V / 300Ω, balance: 2.5V / 600Ω[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Headphone output[/TH]

[TD] 130mW + 130mW (600Ω)

400mW + 400mW (32Ω), 200mW + 200mW (16Ω)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Frequency characteristic[/TH]

[TD] 2Hz ~ 50kHz (+0, -3.0dB)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] Total harmonic distortion rate[/TH]

[TD] 0.001%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH] S / N ratio (IHF-A)[/TH]

[TD] 118dB[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

More info can be found here

Luxman DA-250 USB DAC, Class A Preamp & Headphone Amp - Experience Ciamara

How does the DAC in this compare to the DA06?

The DA-250 retains all of the musicality, but isn't quite as resolving as the DA-06.