IGNORED

Custom AudioPC + HDPlex bundle, Aqua La Voce S2 DAC w/ XLR

Hi all, I've recently acquired a very nice vinyl setup and haven't been using my digital gear at all. I'm downsizing to a Hifi-Berry and am selling all my current digital gear. To start with, I am ONLY offering the AudioPC and HDPlex unit as a package deal (but very fairly priced, IMO). See below for specifics.

Pic of each component in my room:

755DA393-6CC6-4497-81A3-A8095BA0E384_zpse9g4czzv.jpg

HDPlex LPSU + HDPlex PC PSU + AudioPC price = $650 plus shipping. US customers only at this point please.

Audio PC Specs

CPU: Ivy i5 3570K

Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4

RAM: 16 Gb DDR3

System SSD: 128G

Music SSD: Samsung EVO 850 500Gb

Sound card: Pink Faun RJ45 I2S (optional)

Case: Silverstone GD09B

PSU: HDPlex 250W DC-DC ATX

Installed software:

Server 2012R2, fully activated (will provide license key to buyer)

Audiophile Optimizer

JPlay

JRiver MC20

RoonServer (will need to provide new account info)

REW

I do not intend to format the system drive.

I will tape down the HSF (stock intel unit, it's quiet) and remove the HDPlex PSU for shipping, to be shipped in a separate box.

The Pink Faun card is extra, and is really only useful for someone with an Aqua DAC. It could be re-pinned by Jord at PF to another maker’s i2S input though, for a reduced cost vs buying a whole new card. This is a $150 addition to the price of the PC + HDPlex combo ($500 retail)

Administrator password changed to “administrator” No other accounts are active on the machine.

HDPlex main unit is the 300W LPSU unit driving the 12V side of the PF card and the 19V input of the ATX 250W DC-DC supply in the PC. This setup is dead quiet, electrically and sonically and produces a very open, airy, and neutral sound. It pairs incredibly well with the DAC I'm selling (I would consider a combo deal for all of it to the same buyer).

Aqua La Voce S2 DAC with factory XLR upgrade - $2150 shipped to anyone in the lower 48. International shipping available on this, but I will need to get a quote and work with the buyer on fair pricing. This is also listed on Audiogon under my handle "toddrhodes" if you'd like more detail on it. This is a lesser-known DAC but is absolutely worth consideration if you have the budget for it. It's sound is best characterized as "pure." It is faithful to the recording, it is an R2R/Ladder DAC, non-upsampling. It features 4 digital inputs: Galvanically isolated USB 3.0, AES/EBU, SPDIF via 75 ohm BNC and the proprietary Aqua I2S input (to match the sound card I have in my Audio PC).

This is a very good digital frontend, make no mistake. My selling is merely a matter of having a current preference for vinyl and all that it entails. Personally, vinyl is a different sound which I prefer, but I would never call it "better" as that is different for all of us.

Feel free to PM with any questions. Not taking offers at this point, I feel my prices are extremely fair given the condition and performance of these components. Thank you.

Todd

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Holo May KTE, Benchmark LA4 preamp

SMC Audio upgraded DNA-125 Amp

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers

Vinyl rig - Schiit Sol, Nagaoka MP-500, Mod Squad PhonoDrive phono stage

• 2 weeks later...

Aqua DAC is sold!

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

I am hereby removing the Audio PC from this list. I just don't want to ship it, I'll just keep it for parts at this point. I could use the case anyway.

I have a PM with interest on the HDPlex unit(s) and have given him a few days to let me know if he's still interested. I'll update pricing if that falls through, or by EOD Monday if I haven't heard anything.

Posting pics of the HDPlex units so everyone I'm working with can see. The 250W unit is the Internal PC power supply. It is not a Linear PSU, it's a DC-DC 250W ATX PSU.

The main HDPlex unit is the 100W LPSU with 4 outputs. The main 100W unit supplies 19V to the 250W unit inside a PC to power the motherboard, drives, and CPU.

Pics of as much as I could grab:

250W Unit

06080C05-9D22-4FF7-918E-8D6E81641DA2_zpsknimjcg1.jpg

Parts bag:

80C8B53C-4933-49E3-974D-D87153AF7587_zpsydsrlxqo.jpg

Back of unit:

E0BA41E2-6E02-4B89-87FA-98E88311D3FA_zpsueehthkg.jpg

Front:

91A5E323-2647-4E6C-9814-5A92B288379C_zps0ptsphmo.jpg

I've got a few PMs to respond to, sorry for the delays, just been very busy.

Ok, pricing for the individual HDPlex units are as follows: $275 for 100W, main LPSU

$50 for 250W HiFi DC-DC ATX PSU

I closed this thread too soon. THE HDPLEX UNITS ARE SOLD.

Closing again.