IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Native DSD support

vortecjr

Native DSD support under Roon for Nuprime HD-AVP status is on: pending update

Is there already some software update available? Maybe a beta to test? Can I help out here? I do own the HD-AVP and could test, if required. Let me know.

Hang in there...the update is coming.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using a dsd512 board from Lampizator, a windows pc playing HQplayer and mRendu, will I be able to play native dsd512?

lampizator uses Amanero

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

Using a dsd512 board from Lampizator, a windows pc playing HQplayer and mRendu, will I be able to play native dsd512?

lampizator uses Amanero

Amanaro is still working on the driver for native DSD support on Linux. For right now you have to use DSD/DoP at whatever rate it supports in this format.

Amanaro is still working on the driver for native DSD support on Linux. For right now you have to use DSD/DoP at whatever rate it supports in this format.

Thank you

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

Jesus:

Any word on native support for Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse? Have you heard anything from them recently?

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

Over the past several weeks I have exchanged 2 emails with W4S on this subject. Both responses from W4S have been upbeat saying they are looking into a resolution but that other projects had higher priority and prevented them from actually working on the resolution.

Perhaps, if other DAC-2 DSDse owners were to politely request W4S to support native DSD they might up the priority and get this accomplished.

Jesus:

Any word on native support for Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse? Have you heard anything from them recently?

• 2 weeks later...
It was reported to us that the Lampizator Amber uses an DIYINHK USB interface. If this is correct the Sonicorbiter SE and the microRendu should both support the Lampizator Amber via native DSD. Please test and report back.

I don't have an Amber to test and verify but the github repository (lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd) states DIYINHK is natively supported although DSD128 as maximum.... :( I almost got some hope there as an alternative to waiting for proper Amanero support...

I don't have an Amber to test and verify but the github repository (lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd) states DIYINHK is natively supported although DSD128 as maximum.... :( I almost got some hope there as an alternative to waiting for proper Amanero support...

I don't have any feedback on this to confirm the maximum sample rate.

It was reported to us that the Lampizator Amber uses an DIYINHK USB interface. If this is correct the Sonicorbiter SE and the microRendu should both support the Lampizator Amber via native DSD. Please test and report back.

FYI. Even if the Amber was using DIYINHK it seems that upcoming Amber II is back to Amanero. From the specs it says... "Better, Auto detect DSD and PCM on Amanero, not XMOS".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The only small issue I am having with the native DSD for MSB Tech is that if play Roon / HQPlayer and stream from the HQPlayer DSD256 to the microRendu, I get a "click" sound when starting a new album.

The "click" may be your DAC switching from PCM mode to DSD mode. Usually there is an auto-mute function in DAC's that can account for this but it may not always catch everything depending on the timing of the source.

The only small issue I am having with the native DSD for MSB Tech is that if play Roon / HQPlayer and stream from the HQPlayer DSD256 to the microRendu, I get a "click" sound when starting a new album.

Now that the Holo Spring (also R2R) has been made to do Linux native DSD (up to 512) I can report (drag and drop Hqplayer to uRendu as NAA) that any DSD change (i.e starting an album/playlist, changing DSD sample rates), produces a pretty nasty audible pop. Doing same for PCM is an almost inaudible click at start, but nothing if changing sample rates within PCM. This has been reported to Tim/Jeff at Holo and they are looking into it.

The "click" may be your DAC switching from PCM mode to DSD mode. Usually there is an auto-mute function in DAC's that can account for this but it may not always catch everything depending on the timing of the source.

I thought about that, but everything is being streamed from the HQPlayer in DSD256. But I appreciate your help.

Steve Plaskin

I thought about that, but everything is being streamed from the HQPlayer in DSD256. But I appreciate your help.

Yes, I understand but if the default state of the DAC is for PCM then every time you feed it DSD format it has to make the switch thus the click. After the album finishes, the DAC goes back to the default (PCM) setting.

Obviously cannot say for sure this is happening but my DAC had similar issues and as you can see from Ted's post it is probably a DAC issue.

Yes, I understand but if the default state of the DAC is for PCM then every time you feed it DSD format it has to make the switch thus the click. After the album finishes, the DAC goes back to the default (PCM) setting.

Obviously cannot say for sure this is happening but my DAC had similar issues and as you can see from Ted's post it is probably a DAC issue.

I think it's the driver for the microRendu is disconnecting from USB as this never happened using the MSB ASIO driver with Roon or the JRiver. But I really don't know.

Steve Plaskin

Steve, it could be an ALSA issue (linux) and HQPlayer. I need to see what it does in DoP. But I agree with Eric, if you telling HQP to upsample everything to DSD256, the dac could very well revert to PCM when done (both are R2R dacs after all). Then when you start the DSD256 playlist (regardless of source sample rates) it pops again at onset.

Steve, it could be an ALSA issue (linux) and HQPlayer. I need to see what it does in DoP. But I agree with Eric, if you telling HQP to upsample everything to DSD256, the dac could very well revert to PCM when done (both are R2R dacs after all). Then when you start the DSD256 playlist (regardless of source sample rates) it pops again at onset.

I see what you guys are saying now.

With DoP, streaming from the HQPlayer in DSD128 had no issues

Thanks Ted.

Steve Plaskin