IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

My dac is the Resonessence Mirus Dac. When I use the Dac diagnostics it says, "No audio devices found. Attach a USB DAC to this system. It can't seem to find my dac, although it has in the past, and I have got it to work when it did this in the past. I use a switch, could that be an issue?

A USB switch or an Ethernet switch? If a USB switch then definitely try without it.

For testing (trying to get the DAC to be seen) you want to be as simple as possible, no devices between the microRendu and the DAC, just the cable. For testing don't use a fancy dual head cable or any of the ones that have the power pin disconnected etc. Just a plain normal everyday non-audiophile cable.

Try several sequences.

1) Power down both DAC and microRendu. Hook up cable between, Power up DAC. Then power up microRendu.

2) Power down both DAC and microRendu. Hook up cable between, Power up microRendu, wait until Ethernet light is steadily flashing, then power up DAC.

3) Power down both DAC and microRendu. Do NOT hook up cable. Power up DAC, power up MicroRendu, wait until Ethernet light is steadily flashing. Plug in cable.

Do any of these sequences work?

John S.

A USB switch or an Ethernet switch? If a USB switch then definitely try without it.

For testing (trying to get the DAC to be seen) you want to be as simple as possible, no devices between the microRendu and the DAC, just the cable. For testing don't use a fancy dual head cable or any of the ones that have the power pin disconnected etc. Just a plain normal everyday non-audiophile cable.

Try several sequences.

1) Power down both DAC and microRendu. Hook up cable between, Power up DAC. Then power up microRendu.

2) Power down both DAC and microRendu. Hook up cable between, Power up microRendu, wait until Ethernet light is steadily flashing, then power up DAC.

3) Power down both DAC and microRendu. Do NOT hook up cable. Power up DAC, power up MicroRendu, wait until Ethernet light is steadily flashing. Plug in cable.

Do any of these sequences work?

John S.

OK I'll try that when I get home this afternoon, thanks.

My dac is the Resonessence Mirus Dac. When I use the Dac diagnostics it says, "No audio devices found. Attach a USB DAC to this system. It can't seem to find my dac, although it has in the past, and I have got it to work when it did this in the past. I use a switch, could that be an issue?

I don't have any complaints about that device going back a long way into my emails. These intermittent issues with connections are most likely do to the USB cable. I would try a cheap cable instead of any high priced audiophile cable. The switch will not have anything to do with this issue if the DAC is connected to the microRendu.

I don't have any complaints about that device going back a long way into my emails. These intermittent issues with connections are most likely do to the USB cable. I would try a cheap cable instead of any high priced audiophile cable. The switch will not have anything to do with this issue if the DAC is connected to the microRendu.

I was using a usb AQ diamond cable, then a usb cardas cable, I then switched to a usb Supra cable and voilà it worked!! Thank you Jesus!

I was using a usb AQ diamond cable, then a usb cardas cable, I then switched to a usb Supra cable and voilà it worked!! Thank you Jesus!

Actually I could have guessed that you had an Audioquest cable. Number 2 connection issue for REGEN users (behind just brain dead Windows behavior with USB hubs) has been non-compliant USB cables, especially from AQ.

Actually I could have guessed that you had an Audioquest cable. Number 2 connection issue for REGEN users (behind just brain dead Windows behavior with USB hubs) has been non-compliant USB cables, especially from AQ.

That's very interesting.

I too have an AQ Diamond USB between my Mac Mini and Regen/Yggy. Best sounding cable I found for that spot. Have a microRendu coming, so I ordered a Supra yesterday to be prepared.

Really long thread and I have what is probably a stupid question. Can the Rendu be connected directly to a Music based computer via Cat cable? Reason, my router is on the top floor, my listening room is bottom level with no cat connection between them and I refuse to use the ac line adaptors for this. My computer is currently in my listening room, but if it is possible I could move it one room over and use the direct connected cat cable to rendu.

Really long thread and I have what is probably a stupid question. Can the Rendu be connected directly to a Music based computer via Cat cable? Reason, my router is on the top floor, my listening room is bottom level with no cat connection between them and I refuse to use the ac line adaptors for this. My computer is currently in my listening room, but if it is possible I could move it one room over and use the direct connected cat cable to rendu.

One suggestion is to use a switch and a wireless access point.

Your computer, mRendu and wireless access point all connect to the switch via Ethernet cable (e.g Cat6). The wireless access point connects all this to your router. The wireless connection does not need to be speedy or capable of handling loads of data but it is needed to assign IP address and the like from the router.

Some example equipment:

Cisco 5-port Gigabit switch

Wireless Access Point (Apple Express)

There are other hardware that do the same thing but these are what I use in my system.

I saw the post from Jesus on how to update. All I did was reboot and it shows I have the latest version 2.1

Is 2.1 the latest version?

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

I really didn't want to bother with a wireless media bridge, so I simply moved my cable modem and router to my listening room. I already had a PCI-E 802.11ac card in my Windows 10 machine, so I just checked the signal strength with Wifi Analyzer (Android app) and decided I didn't even need another piece of networking gear. I'm in a rental condo so running Ethernet cable wasn't an option.

I'm also averse to using powerline networking for audio applications. I think using an Eero or Luma mesh network may also be a good solution. I'd be interested to hear whether anyone is using a micro rendu with either of these systems.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

That's very interesting.

I too have an AQ Diamond USB between my Mac Mini and Regen/Yggy. Best sounding cable I found for that spot. Have a microRendu coming, so I ordered a Supra yesterday to be prepared.

Steve, I too have a Mac Mini feeding an Yggy and am looking seriously at the microRendu. I'll be very curious to hear your impressions of how the microRendu synergizes with your most excellent DAC!

Thanks

Jesus, will June delivery buyers of the mRendu get a tracking # and if so when do you anticipate shipping?

Thanks

Tony

I'm not Jesus but I did receive an email from him yesterday saying my unit was on the way and it had a USPS tracking link :-)

Don't worry about the version number for now because we have not changed it.

Ok. I'm trying to figure if this is compatible with the microRendu.

F 1 Xmos USB Digital Interface Module XU208 U8 Upgraded Version | eBay

It worked great and sounded incredible with the mRendu the first few days then I come home yesterday and I get no sound. USB input on the dac works with the mRendu but not this converter via spdif. Wondering if it's the mRendu or the dac's spdif that's the issue...

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Hi Jesus

I received my microRendu today - it's EXCELLENT!

I just noticed a small quirk in RoonReady mode with a dCS Debussy, not sure if it's Sonore or Roon issue.

I have the DoP box checked on the microRendu settings page of RoonReady mode BUT

if in the Roon settings for the microRendu I set the max PCM rate to 192kHz to match the Debussy,

DSD is played back as 176kHz. However, if I set the max rate to DISABLE then it plays back as DSD.

This doesn't happen when the Debussy is connected directly to the Mac via USB.

Mike

Ok. I'm trying to figure if this is compatible with the microRendu.

F 1 Xmos USB Digital Interface Module XU208 U8 Upgraded Version | eBay

It worked great and sounded incredible with the mRendu the first few days then I come home yesterday and I get no sound. USB input on the dac works with the mRendu but not this converter via spdif. Wondering if it's the mRendu or the dac's spdif that's the issue...

I see no reason why it would not be supported. Are you hot swapping between DAC and interface? That unit should be powered up and ready to go when the microRendu boots up. What does DAC Diagnostics show?

Hi Jesus

I received my microRendu today - it's EXCELLENT!

I just noticed a small quirk in RoonReady mode with a dCS Debussy, not sure if it's Sonore or Roon issue.

I have the DoP box checked on the microRendu settings page of RoonReady mode BUT

if in the Roon settings for the microRendu I set the max PCM rate to 192kHz to match the Debussy,

DSD is played back as 176kHz. However, if I set the max rate to DISABLE then it plays back as DSD.

This doesn't happen when the Debussy is connected directly to the Mac via USB.

Mike

I keep it as disabled on mine. Post the output of DAC Diagnostics...I like to see these.