IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

With Bubbleupnp on a rooted Android phone with Bubble Exposed module you can activate audiocast setting. With this setting you can play directly from Qobuz, Spotify, YouTube and others. 

When the rooting is done and Exposed is installed its easy and functions well. But I use it only now and then. In Bubbleupnp you can search Qobuz so there is not much need. 

But I agree if you could stream from Qobuz directly I would use this more often. Especially when browsing for new music. In which case the Qobuz interface is very helpful. 

32 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

It appears they are streaming in some none standard way. It's completely on them to fix it if they want to support typical UPnP devices. Chris' contact might be able to push them to fix it.  

I see.

@The Computer Audiophile can you get Qobuz' head technical honcho onto this. And talking with JR about what the microRendu and ultraRendu need for proper UPnP support

We have faith in you ?

I like how all this is put together ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

2 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Chromecast support by the Rendus would really be great. Number one on my wishlist: my girlfriend could stick with Spotify, while I can use Tidal/Roon without having to change the setup (or DAC settings).

It would really simplify a lot of things...

I now have a Chromecast Audio directly on an input on my Integrated Amp (Primaluna), so she can easily listen to Spotify by pushing one button on the amp. And I have a second Chromecast Audio, bettered by an ifi SPDIF converter (powered by LPS-1) into my Chord TT, grouped with the first Chromecast Audio. I then can change Amp to DAC input and DAC to COAX so I can improve the quality when we are listening to Spotify. Or I use my microRendu into USBSD, in Spotify mode.

Personally I use Roon, through USBHD connection of the Chord TT, on ultraRendu and isoRegen. Both LPS1-ed.

If the Rendu supports Chromecast it would really simplify this (and no more input switching for no apparent reason in her opinion). I would sell a lot of this stuff to finance the Signature Rendu I promise you I will buy as soon as this functionality is there.

2 hours ago, Em2016 said:

@vortecjr while Qobuz fixing their UPnP support is one option, how about Rendu's supporting Chromecast audio?

Can you and @agillis check this out - apparently it supports Chromecast audio.

https://github.com/ejurgensen/forked-daapd

Qobuz, Deezer, Tidal, Google Music, Amazon Music, Soundcloud, Pandora and Spotify native apps all support Chromecast. In fact ALL streaming service apps other than Apple Music support Chromecast audio.

For Qobuz, it would mean support for 24/96kHz streaming since Chromecast supports 24/96.

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_2015_apps

14 minutes ago, esmit said:

Chromecast support by the Rendus would really be great. Number one on my wishlist: my girlfriend could stick with Spotify, while I can use Tidal

Yeh the Chromecast solution kills 8+ birds with 1 stone (Qobuz, Deezer, Tidal, Google Music, Amazon Music, Soundcloud, Pandora and Spotify and more).

Whereas Qobuz with their UPnP struggles really only solves things for the Qobuz app. Qobuz can continue to work on that in their own time.

But hopefully @vortecjr and @agillis can look at their end with Chromecast audio support. This would be an instant game changer , to have a Chromecast 'endpoint' of the quality of micro/ultraRendu...

And you can use all those streaming services with their native apps and cast straight to the Rendu -for those that don't need or want Roon, JRiver, Audirvana, mConnect, Bubble etc etc

I talked to Google about this. To make a Chromecast endpoint you need both their hardware and software. They would not give us a license for just software. The open source project you referenced is a Chromecast server not player. We can server to Chromecast units already.

Qobuz, Deezer, Tidal, Google Music, Amazon Music, Soundcloud, Pandora and Spotify can already be played by using AirPlay but not if you have an android tablet.

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

32 minutes ago, agillis said:

I talked to Google about this. To make a Chromecast endpoint you need both their hardware and software. They would not give us a license for just software.

Ah crap. Is there a specific chip that they need in the hardware? Or do they charge a fee per unit, to 'approve' the hardware?

32 minutes ago, agillis said:

Qobuz, Deezer, Tidal, Google Music, Amazon Music, Soundcloud, Pandora and Spotify can already be played by using AirPlay but not if you have an android tablet.

As you know Airplay re-samples everything to 48kHz - not cool for people streaming Qobuz 24/96kHz...

Sigh. I got really excited for a second. I guess we're back at waiting for Qobuz to sort out the UPnP feature, so we can have Hi-Res Qobuz streaming to the Rendu's (from the native apps - not Audirvana, Bubble, mConnect etc)

I have Toslink and Coax S/PDIF inputs plus AES/EBU on my HQPlayer Embedded machine. Google's Chromecast Audio dongle is dangling from the Toslink, Mac Mini is connected to the AES/EBU and Coax is waiting for Bluesound Node 2. Plus UPnP Renderer functionality works. That covers quite a lot of services already and everything is output at DSD512.

P.S. There's also 768/32 + DSD256 analog inputs, so vinyl and FM radio can be output as DSD512 through the same room correction stuff.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

26 minutes ago, Miska said:

Plus UPnP Renderer functionality works. That covers quite a lot of services already

This discussion has mostly been about Qobuz’s direct streaming to UPnP renderers not working with the native apps (yes I know about Bubble and mConnect and A+)

If they fix it, it helps both Rendu owners and HQP Embedded owners too. Everyone wins.

Much neater solution that requires no new hardware for existing Rendu and existing HQPe users - if Qobuz can get UPnP working.

6 hours ago, Miska said:

I have Toslink and Coax S/PDIF inputs plus AES/EBU on my HQPlayer Embedded machine. Google's Chromecast Audio dongle is dangling from the Toslink, Mac Mini is connected to the AES/EBU and Coax is waiting for Bluesound Node 2. Plus UPnP Renderer functionality works. That covers quite a lot of services already and everything is output at DSD512.

P.S. There's also 768/32 + DSD256 analog inputs, so vinyl and FM radio can be output as DSD512 through the same room correction stuff.

Hi Jussi

Which audio board are you using, offering these different inputs?

Dirk

2 hours ago, ddetaey said:

Which audio board are you using, offering these different inputs?

RME HDSPe AIO for the digital inputs (it also offers 192/24 analog input). Plus RME ADI-2 Pro AE for the 768/32 and DSD256 analog inputs (it also has such digital inputs, but no automatic rate switching with HQPlayer yet thanks to the UAC2 pain).

P.S. I shortly used the coax input with my old CD-spinner to have a "transport + upsampler" configuration. But I don't really want to use silver discs anymore.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 11:45 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’ve already reached out and the wheels are in motion. 

Hi Chris

I don't want to be nag, but since it's been a few weeks, can you give an update? Have Qobuz indicated they're working on this?

No timelines necessary - just wanting to know (if possible) if this UPnP support fix is in progress.

Or have they said it's not really a priority for them?

Cheers

22 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Hi Chris

I don't want to be nag, but since it's been a few weeks, can you give an update? Have Qobuz indicated they're working on this?

No timelines necessary - just wanting to know (if possible) if this UPnP support fix is in progress.

Or have they said it's not really a priority for them?

Cheers

Do they have there own forum?

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about getting the microrendu. I have no way of getting my router in the same room with my setup. I can only use a powerline passthrough adapter from the wall outlet to connect the microrendu to the ethernet. It that going to be quite noisy, the powerline adapter? 

Alienware R7 with Paul Pang V2 USB PCIE -> iFi Pro iDSD -> McIntosh MHA100 -> Hifiman Susvara. Keeping it simple!

Are your rooms wired with coax cable? If so, you can look into using MoCA 2.0 for networking.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

7 minutes ago, Axiom05 said:

Are your rooms wired with coax cable? If so, you can look into using MoCA 2.0 for networking.

I looked into the MoCA solution, but powerline worked great in my house so I went with that. It is already installed and working. I just want to make sure that powerline passthrough isn’t too noisy to send network packets if I get microrendu. I’m basically trying to decide what’s better. Iso regen from PC direct or microrendu to use to with Pro iDSD.

Alienware R7 with Paul Pang V2 USB PCIE -> iFi Pro iDSD -> McIntosh MHA100 -> Hifiman Susvara. Keeping it simple!

6 hours ago, gordec said:

I looked into the MoCA solution, but powerline worked great in my house so I went with that. It is already installed and working. I just want to make sure that powerline passthrough isn’t too noisy to send network packets if I get microrendu. I’m basically trying to decide what’s better. Iso regen from PC direct or microrendu to use to with Pro iDSD.

It should work fine.