IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Hello,

Was wondering if the Sonicorbiter 2.6 does the First MQA unfold as was indicated in the January Press Relase?

"This upgrade will add MQA unfolding to the Roon Ready output mode, MPD/DLNA output mode, and the SqueezeLite output mode. MQA unfolding via the NAA output mode is also planned. For your convenience you will have the option to select MQA unfolding or standard USB output right from the web interface. For MQA unfolding to take place a MQA file must be streamed bit perfect to the Rendu. The best thing about a Sonore Rendu series network player / streamer is your DAC does not need to be MQA compatible to take advantage of MQA unfolding."

Thanks,

Arnie

Hi Folks,

Just changed back to my older DAC (I had one on loan), and although in sonicorbiter the IP address for my uRendu comes up, when I click on it, it fails to open the management page. Anyone got any suggestions? It's running v2.6 with a v1.4 board, which was only fitted a few weeks back...

Any help appreciated!!!!

Cheers,

Steve :-)

33 minutes ago, Wiffle said:

Hi Folks,

Just changed back to my older DAC (I had one on loan), and although in sonicorbiter the IP address for my uRendu comes up, when I click on it, it fails to open the management page. Anyone got any suggestions? It's running v2.6 with a v1.4 board, which was only fitted a few weeks back...

Any help appreciated!!!!

Cheers,

Steve :-)

Problem solved; I rebooted my router and all is now fine :-)

Considering the micoRendu.  I'm not sure how much of a benefit it would give in my system. (see my signature) I was hoping the gurus here would be able to chime in with their advice and thoughts. It seems from reading through the posts that the power supply is probably the real driving factor for potential sound improvement?

Music library consists of Redbook CD rips, Hi Res Flac and DSD files.

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

22 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Do you use Roon, and have an iPhone available ? (And the CCK)

Then you will most likely by such a test using an iPhone as endpoint,  understand that you need a new endpoint asap ?

No, I use Audirvana 3.1 running on my mac mini. I use the Audirvana A+ App on my ipad/iphone to select music for playback.

1 hour ago, al210 said:

No, I use Audirvana 3.1 running on my mac mini. I use the Audirvana A+ App on my ipad/iphone to select music for playback.

Well, why not test Roon for free for 14 days ?

And since you have an iPhone, the only thing you need the to verify if you could do with an endpoint like the MicroRendu is the CCK.

(Jusr verily if your iPad can do Roon, as newer version is required).

Doing this cheap test (the price of investment in the CCK) is much more worthwhile than any advice you will get here.

Also Uptone Audio has a reasonable power kit to your Mac if you didn’t know. 

4 hours ago, al210 said:

Considering the micoRendu.  I'm not sure how much of a benefit it would give in my system. (see my signature) I was hoping the gurus here would be able to chime in with their advice and thoughts. It seems from reading through the posts that the power supply is probably the real driving factor for potential sound improvement?

I wouldn't say the power supply is a must. Many here have bought the micro/ultraRendu with an iFi iPower supply as a start. Then you can upgrade as needed. 

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

I’ve asked the same question. I didn’t know either until earlier this year ?

Camera Connection Kit

it you read that thread I’m linking to you will see. 

image.jpg

Remember this is a sponsored forum and if you want to promote other products you can start a new thread in the regular forum.   

6 hours ago, al210 said:

You already invested time and money on A+ and probably like what you hear with it. It's a great piece of software. The Rendu series is primarily intended to be a remote output for any computer on the network. If that is the solution you are looking for our units are certified to work Audirvana A+.    

7 hours ago, al210 said:

Consider the micro/ultrarendu with a Sbooster. Cheers 

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

36 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

You already invested time and money on A+ and probably like what you hear with it. It's a great piece of software. The Rendu series is primarily intended to be a remote output for any computer on the network. If that is the solution you are looking for our units are certified to work Audirvana A+.    

Does a new microRendu come with the version 1.4 hardware?

If you look around you might found a second hand mr with the 1.4 upgraded hardware. I sold mine 1.4 and got an ultraRendu.

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

10 minutes ago, pas said:

That’s weird that a new unit comes with old hardware?

1 minute ago, al210 said:

That’s weird that a new unit comes with old hardware?

The 1.4 was setup as an upgrade for existing microRendu owners when the ultraRendu was released. Soares makes a good point, finding one used is a possibility.