IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

If you remove the power supply you will not have a Signature Rendu SE.  There are many advantages to the SRse:

The power supply is highly optimized for no compromise performance specifically for this product, it is better than anything else available anywhere for this purpose.

The close coupling of the power supply and main board allow for lower output impedance and better performance, no external supply plus a cable and plugs can equal the performance of a directly coupled supply.

The SRse weighs 10 lbs, and has a very solid chassis which creates a much better environment, free of vibrations, to allow for best possible performance.

And it is quite beautiful as an added bonus, but that is just an addition., the performance is what it is all about.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

Well, if the 1.4 board upgrade I just did with my microRendu is any indication, much better  (guess it gets one to within 10-20% of the Ultra performance). I rally couldn't be happier. But if I was starting new, and had the $, I'd future proof myself by going with the Ultra, though $499 is a good price for the micro. Of course you could also wait a year or two for the inevitable SuperDuperUltraMegaOkRendu. ;)

Is the hardware upgrade that big?
I am looking to do it here in Aus but not sure if it is still possible. I hope it is

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

10 minutes ago, barrows said:

The power supply is highly optimized for no compromise performance specifically for this product, it is better than anything else available anywhere for this purpose.

Well you avoid to answer if there is any difference between the boards, which make me believe there isn’t any. 

I’ve no doubt it’s a fantastic PS. But no PS, except John Swenson design can block those DC currents and leakage as John has explained in so many posts. And as far as I understand this SE has a ‘’normal” LPS. It may be quite equal to the JS-1 PS. 

So I’m not convinced yet.

If you combine a LPS, maybe a filter, and a LPS-1.2 and a UltraRendu in one box, maybe even add some mo Metal at crital points, I agree you probably have something possible better than the normal UltraRendu with an Uptone PS. 

The thing is, Sonore has always avoided to tell to much about their products. And even denied the designer to tell or answer any technical questions. 

I don’t know why it’s like that. 

My guess is is that the Korean misuse the trust they where given, and more or less stole SW and hw design. At one point Sonore and Sotm where partners.

(it would by the way not surprise me if this post will be deleted). 

Sorry, but I think it's gone, daddy, gone. Maybe they'll print some new boards and revitalize it if there's enough interest, though I doubt it.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

20 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

You may even be able to modify it yourself

I would not recommend this!  The board space around the clock on the microRendu is very tight, only someone who is a true expert in SMD soldering with a good hot air station and the knowledge of how to use could do this change and even then the risk of damaging the board is high.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

7 minutes ago, barrows said:

only someone who is a true expert in SMD soldering with a good hot air station and the knowledge of how to use could do this change and even then the risk of damaging the board is high.

Agree. I wouldn’t do. But over at the SU-1 thread there are people willing to do, and has the skills. 

Thanks for explaining the PS of the SE edition. Maybe I one day will have the chance to try it. Is it a John Swenson design ? 

1 minute ago, R1200CL said:

Agree. I wouldn’t do. But over at the SU-1 thread there are people willing to do, and has the skills. 

Thanks for explaining the PS of the SE edition. Maybe I one day will have the chance to try it. Is it a John Swenson design ? 

SU-1 has a lot more room around the clocks to work with.  Given its tiny size one can understand how it is much more difficult to manage the change on the microRendu.

The power supply of the SRse is a Sonore in house design, with of course, JS advising on the requirements of the circuit.

SONORE computer audio

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Well you avoid to answer if there is any difference between the boards, which make me believe there isn’t any. 

I’ve no doubt it’s a fantastic PS. But no PS, except John Swenson design can block those DC currents and leakage as John has explained in so many posts. And as far as I understand this SE has a ‘’normal” LPS. It may be quite equal to the JS-1 PS. 

So I’m not convinced yet.

If you combine a LPS, maybe a filter, and a LPS-1.2 and a UltraRendu in one box, maybe even add some mo Metal at crital points, I agree you probably have something possible better than the normal UltraRendu with an Uptone PS. 

The thing is, Sonore has always avoided to tell to much about their products. And even denied the designer to tell or answer any technical questions. 

I don’t know why it’s like that. 

My guess is is that the Korean misuse the trust they where given, and more or less stole SW and hw design. At one point Sonore and Sotm where partners.

(it would by the way not surprise me if this post will be deleted). 

That is neither here nor there because you can opt to buy the configuration you prefer. FYI I have the measurements and have shared them with Barrows so you might want to listen to him. Understand this isn’t a DYI project we make finished products. There is also no conspiracy we just don’t discuss everything yet we are much more open than others. As for the stealing of intellectual property we have proof of it so yes we are gaureded with our tech, but that is a topic for another day. As for deleting posts..the most important task I preform is to move posts to more appropriate threads. For example, don’t be surprise if this series of posts get moved. 

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Yes. It’s that famous 575 or whatever clock that makes the whole difference. 

You may even be able to modify it yourself ?

Good luck with that. We didn’t mod our boards for a reason...we had new ones made professionally. Buyers beware.

Enjoying all the opinions on the signature renduese.  I had a microrendu feeding my Schiit Yggy with iFi power supply.  Sounded really good. I added isoregen with lps-1 power supply. Sounded better. Added Schiit gen5 usb upgrade, then analog upgrade to Yggy. Sounded better. Sold the isoregen with Lps-1 after the Yggy upgrade since the isoregen didn’t improve over what the gen5 usb was doing. Then added a Sonore Signature power supply with all the trimmings ( synergistic fuses, magnetics transformer). Finally, mortgaged my home to buy the Sonore Signature RenduSE with synergistic fuses and added a YFS USB cable. A wonderful improvement. Now don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed my system very much along the upgrade journey . The final kit just provides me with the overall balance and sound I was looking for. I had some of the same questions being asked here. Would an ultra Rendu with the Lps or signature PS be as good etc. I can only say each step improved on the listening experience and can’t imagine getting anything much better. Well done engineering and sound. Congrats to the Sonore team on well executed design.

PS Audio BHK PRE AMP

ATC SCM50 actives

Cullen Cable interconnects, all balanced

sonic transporter with Roon core

7 hours ago, buzzlulu said:

To Microrendu users who have heard the UltraRendu - How much better is the UltraRendu?

I was over visiting Florida from the UK a couple of weeks ago and Adrian from Sonore kindly dropped off an UltraRendu at my hotel.  Originally, I was a customer of the first MicroRendu and, later on, I had that unit upgraded by VortexBox in the UK with the new board/clock.

I'm not going to give you a load of bullshit bingo words about how the sound improved along the way.  Suffice to say that the last step from the upgraded MicroRendu to Ultra is definitely worth it IMHO and it was not a subtle improvement either. If anyone is interested, I power the unit with a Paul Haynes supply which is also highly recommended (if you are prepared to deal with extended delivery times and idiosyncratic communications).

Nikko

ps - I've largely recouped the cost of the Ultra by selling my upgraded MicroRendu to a pal.  As Sonore have ended this upgrade program, you will most likely find that original MicroRendu customers will become willing buyers for upgraded units in the future.

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I’m not certain if VortexboxAU has any upgrade boards. If they do jump on it!

He said he sold the last one a few days ago.... I am hoping very much to do the upgrade though. 

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

18 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Why did you delete your own post?

Cause i wrote alnost exactly the same as bunno77. 

I also got an answer from Vortebox AU. 

Last one sold Tuesday. 

So can you confirm again you won’t make another 1.4 or a 1.5 revision at some point (soon) ?

2 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Cause i wrote alnost exactly the same as bunno77. 

I also got an answer from Vortebox AU. 

Last one sold Tuesday. 

So can you confirm again you won’t make another 1.4 or a 1.5 revision at some point (soon) ?

If you want inside information...you need to sign up for the mailing list:)

I'm thinking about pairing a microRendu with either a Modi Multibit or Bifrost Multibit DAC.  Under most circumstances, one of the reasons I'd pay up for the Bifrost is the Schiit Gen 5 USB elements that DAC includes.  However, since the microRendu has an especially good USB output would there be much benefit to running that into the Bifrost as opposed to the more economical Modi Multibit?