IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

9 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

Received my microRendu back yesterday after sending it in for the 1.4 upgrade and a new card due to an update kernel panic. Lightning quick turnaround from Adrian.

Absolutley jaw dropping sound - I really didn’t expect it to be this much better or obvious. If anyone hasn’t done the 1.4 upgrade yet I would jump on it before the boards are gone. I feel like this is an endgame for me (famous last words) and have no desire to go to an Ultra if the 1.4 is getting me close, as others have said. Great job Sonore and thank you! 

Thanks for posting your impressions...enjoy!

Check out this review of the Sonore microRenduwith a Sonire Signature Power Supply from Vade Ferrester over at The Absolute Sound:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/sonore-microrendu-streaming-music-player-and-signature-series-linear-power-supply/

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Check out this review of the Sonore microRenduwith a Sonire Signature Power Supply from Vade Ferrester over at The Absolute Sound:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/sonore-microrendu-streaming-music-player-and-signature-series-linear-power-supply/

I may have missed it, but there was no mention of the 1.4 upgrade in the review.

Inquiring minds want to know what hardware you sent him, Jesus. ?

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Hi Jesus, 

Nice review. I just read it and then popped over to your forum to see if it got mentioned. 

Is it not frustrating that they finally reviewed the Microrendu so many months after you released the UltraRendu? 

Though the review can't hurt in terms of people then discovering the Ultra. 

Well done either way. 

Cheers, 

Alan 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

1 hour ago, BigAlMc said:

Hi Jesus, 

Nice review. I just read it and then popped over to your forum to see if it got mentioned. 

Is it not frustrating that they finally reviewed the Microrendu so many months after you released the UltraRendu? 

Though the review can't hurt in terms of people then discovering the Ultra. 

Well done either way. 

Cheers, 

Alan 

Thanks. No...I'm ecstatic after a review like that:) 

15 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Thanks. No...I'm ecstatic after a review like that:) 

Understandably and deservedly so :D

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

Not sure if this is the right place for this question:

I have been reading recent comments at Headfi on the Chord Hugo thread about the limitations of USB and the belief by many, including Rob Watts the designer, that optical is the preferred method of connection to a DAC.

I have a Sonicorbiter which has an optical output - the MicroRendu and UltraRendu do not.  Why??  Why does the lower priced and discontinued product have this capability while the superior replacements do not?

53 minutes ago, buzzlulu said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this question:

I have been reading recent comments at Headfi on the Chord Hugo thread about the limitations of USB and the belief by many, including Rob Watts the designer, that optical is the preferred method of connection to a DAC.

I have a Sonicorbiter which has an optical output - the MicroRendu and UltraRendu do not.  Why??  Why does the lower priced and discontinued product have this capability while the superior replacements do not?

Maybe they say that because they have trouble implementing USB properly or just don't want to. Optical has it's sample rate limitations.

The discontinued SE has optical, because the hardware had it built tin. It was meant to me a nice feature only and USB was always the primary output.  

Phew, just made it under the wire for the 1.4 board! 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Well, if the 1.4 board upgrade I just did with my microRendu is any indication, much better  (guess it gets one to within 10-20% of the Ultra performance). I rally couldn't be happier. But if I was starting new, and had the $, I'd future proof myself by going with the Ultra, though $499 is a good price for the micro. Of course you could also wait a year or two for the inevitable SuperDuperUltraMegaOkRendu. ;)

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

I say the 1.4 is 95 % UltraRendu. In addition it suits the USPCB better as there is in some cases a challenge to use USPCB with the UltraRendu. 

I hope Jesus does another 100 boards or so. 

He could make a preorder (or group buy) to ensure he doesn’t produce to many.

Anyway he do of cause know how many sold and how many has been upgraded, so he knows better than anyone the potential. 

Or maybe a rev 1.5 ?

16 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

SuperDuperUltraMegaOkRendu

We already make that!  It is the actually named the Signature Rendu SE though...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

9 minutes ago, barrows said:

We already make that!  It is the actually named the Signature Rendu SE though...

If we remove the PS, is there any difference between those version ?

Isn’t the same board or ?

And if not, could a DIY person remove that PS and add LPS-1.2 if he wanted. 

(It’s a question about voltage),