IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Oh BTW. here's some data using Eitr from user Atomic Bob: 

My measurement queue overflows but I thought I would toss this in for a quick peek.

Setup:

• Dell E7470 laptop with USB3 only
  • dScope soundcard output to Schiit Eitr via WDM driver
  • Vaunix Lab Brick USB Hub
  • Audioquest Forest USB cable
  • Schiit Eitr input to dScope via spdif
  • Tecnec 75 ohm BNC cable and Tecnec BNC to RCA adapter
  • 44.1 KHz, 24 bit

Noise floor with -40 dBFS 1 KHz sine is below -175 dBFS !!!!"

(click on thumbnail to see in larger size/res)

20170726 Schiit Eitr 1KHz -40dBFS noise floor spdif graph.png

Digital: Mac Mini/Roon Core/Optical Module->long run of fiber->EtherREGEN->SOtM UltraNeo->Schiit Gumby DAC. Shunyata Sigma Ethernet/Alpha USB Amplification: First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 preamp, LP70S amp Speakers: Harbeth 30.2/Power/Cables: Shunyata Everest 8000, Shunyata Sigma XC and NR, Alpha XC and NR, & Venom 14 Digital PCs, Alpha V2 ICs and SPs.  

On 9/6/2017 at 11:41 AM, d_elm said:

When HQ Player NAA is used on the microRendu and the data rate is 44.1 upsampled to DSD512 there are clicks and pops in the playback.  I would like to look at the CPU usage on the microRendu when this happens.  Is the 'top' command available on mR and what is the SSH login and password ?

I'm very interested to hear what you find out after debugging with Sonore.  I'm having this problem as well and I've put my plan for microRendu 1.4 or ultraRendu on hold.  Are you using microRendu 1.3 or 1.4?

17 minutes ago, Altabay said:

I'm very interested to hear what you find out after debugging with Sonore.  I'm having this problem as well and I've put my plan for microRendu 1.4 or ultraRendu on hold.  Are you using microRendu 1.3 or 1.4?

Sonore will not permit SSH login to their products so no microRendu, 1.3 board, version 2.5 with latest updates, CPU usage investigation was possible.  That left playing around with network nodes and wondering about the server being out of CPU. Do not know if it is a microRendu problem.  mR is into a Singxer SU-1 over I2s to Gustard X20PRO.  Server uses an Intel I7 6700 processor.  Both Roon and HQ player upsampling invoke the problem but sometimes Roon does not.  Perhaps it is a problem on the server, Windows 10.

What hardware are you using ?

47 minutes ago, d_elm said:

Sonore will not permit SSH login to their products so no microRendu, 1.3 board, version 2.5 with latest updates, CPU usage investigation was possible.  That left playing around with network nodes and wondering about the server being out of CPU. Do not know if it is a microRendu problem.  mR is into a Singxer SU-1 over I2s to Gustard X20PRO.  Server uses an Intel I7 6700 processor.  Both Roon and HQ player upsampling invoke the problem but sometimes Roon does not.  Perhaps it is a problem on the server, Windows 10.

What hardware are you using ?

I am also using microRendu 1.3 board, 2.5 software.  I have two of them and both exhibit the problem.  My chain is normally NAA > IR/LPS-1 > SU-1/LPS-1 > Holo Spring L3 DAC.  IR and SU-1 use separate LPS-1s.  I've taken IR and SU-1 out of the chain to eliminate them as the source of the problem.  I also have a NAA on NUC5i5RYH running WinServer 2012R2 with AO core mode, and this sounds substantially better than microRendu, in my system.  HQP runs on another NUC (NUC6i7KYK), running Windows 10 with no optimization software.  RoonServer runs on this machine as well.  The CPU stays 50% or less when upsampling to DSD12, so no problem there.  The fact that NUC NAA sounds great also helps eliminate HQP machine as the problem in my setup.

I'm wondering if the microRendu hardware is underpowered to handle DSD512.  Or it could be the HQP NAA software, or a combination of both.  Too bad there's no way to monitor CPU usage of the microRendu.

9 minutes ago, Altabay said:

I am also using microRendu 1.3 board, 2.5 software.  I have two of them and both exhibit the problem.  My chain is normally NAA > IR/LPS-1 > SU-1/LPS-1 > Holo Spring L3 DAC.  IR and SU-1 use separate LPS-1s.  I've taken IR and SU-1 out of the chain to eliminate them as the source of the problem.  I also have a NAA on NUC5i5RYH running WinServer 2012R2 with AO core mode, and this sounds substantially better than microRendu, in my system.  HQP runs on another NUC (NUC6i7KYK), running Windows 10 with no optimization software.  RoonServer runs on this machine as well.  The CPU stays 50% or less when upsampling to DSD12, so no problem there.  The fact that NUC NAA sounds great also helps eliminate HQP machine as the problem in my setup.

I'm wondering if the microRendu hardware is underpowered to handle DSD512.  Or it could be the HQP NAA software, or a combination of both.  Too bad there's no way to monitor CPU usage of the microRendu.

Thank you for the details.  Perhaps Sonore could modify the micro/ultraRendu web page with some diagnostic aids, eg CPU usage.  Might cut down on support requests.  Barrows, what do you think ?

On 8/27/2017 at 1:24 PM, vortecjr said:

I found some gear in the boneyard and setup a closed network as follows:

TP-Link plugged directly into a wall outlet.

TP-Link configured as router and with media share enabled. 

USB thumb drive with music connect to the USB port on the TP-Link.

microRendu connected to the TP-Link via Ethernet cable.
iFi DAC connected to the microRendu via USB

Player8 running on my mobile device connected to the TP-Link via wifi and acting as a UPnP controller.

Laptop connected to the TP-Link via wifi just to keep an eye on things during testing.

Here is an image of Player8 on my mobile phone:

IMG_1864.PNG

Here is an image of the setup running on kitchen counter top:)

IMG_1865.JPG

this is exactly what i want to do in my car.  does this work for you if there is no connection to the internet world outside?

the problem i have is that connection to the tplink via wifi is questioned by my mobile device since there is no internet connectivity.

Now that i have the ultraRendu, i want to use my microRendu to upgrade my car system.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 8:06 PM, cat6man said:

this is exactly what i want to do in my car.  does this work for you if there is no connection to the internet world outside?

the problem i have is that connection to the tplink via wifi is questioned by my mobile device since there is no internet connectivity.

Now that i have the ultraRendu, i want to use my microRendu to upgrade my car system.

It does, but you will not be able to use www.sonicorbiter.com. 

14 minutes ago, pdickerson said:

Jesus,

i just installed the new gen5 USB in my yggy, bit I am unable to play any 24 bit stream or if I enable DSP in Roon now tracks play they just skip.

It appears that your device is reporting that it supports a stream format via USB that it does not really support. Just email me and I'll give you work around.  

Newbie question here.

Currently:

1. Laptop

2. Curious Regen Link

3. ISO-REGEN powered by LPS-1

4. Curious Regen link

5. DAC

I'm curious about the microrendu. Can I simlply splice the microrendu into the chain and listen from my laptop the same as I have been doing? 

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

My microRendu is having problem not recognising my Yggdrasil DAC any longer. The microRendu have been running fine for long time but suddenly it stopped working. Maybe after a upgrade, not sure.

Do you have any tips or tricks? Maybe I should downgrade if possible?

Update Notice

An update is available from Apps / Software Manager for Sonicorbiter 2.5 based units. 

1. This update adds additional DACs that support native DSD. For a complete list of devices that support native DSD refer here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26758-sonicorbiter-native-dsd-support/

2. There is also an update for RoonReady included with the above.

Update Notice

An update is available from Apps / Software Manager for Sonicorbiter 2.5 based units. 

1. This update adds additional DACs that support native DSD. For a complete list of devices that support native DSD refer here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26758-sonicorbiter-native-dsd-support/

2. There is also an update for RoonReady included with the above.

On 9/28/2017 at 9:49 PM, lgp said:

My microRendu is having problem not recognising my Yggdrasil DAC any longer. The microRendu have been running fine for long time but suddenly it stopped working. Maybe after a upgrade, not sure.

Do you have any tips or tricks? Maybe I should downgrade if possible?

Same problem here . After latest update now mysonicorbitor sees the mR but cannot open it under its IP. And Roon can’t see the mR too. Prior to the update all was fine. Tried reboot all devices and reseat SD card to no avail.

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, flkin said:

Same problem here . After latest update now mysonicorbitor sees the mR but cannot open it under its IP. And Roon can’t see the mR too. Prior to the update all was fine. Tried reboot all devices and reseat SD card to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Update, after reseating SD card many times and with old SD card from earlier version, sonicorbiter doesn't recognise microRendu IP address anymore. 

On 28.9.2017 at 5:19 PM, pdickerson said:

What was upgraded.  What changed?

Nothing, really. I just updated to latest version and afterwards I get the messages:

DAC Diagnostics

No audio devices found. Attach a USB DAC to this system.

I’ve tested the connection from my Mac and it is working fine.