IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Maybe the hardware update will be even better ?

More components is changing. 

If you Google after pictures of the MicroRendu, you see that there may be possible to change more components. 

However if they have any Sonic improvemet is another thing.

I'm sure he deleted the post for a very good reason. 

Repost from earlier in the thread:

First of all team Sonore would like to thank all microRendu owners for their continued support on this project. 

While the microRendu is truly an amazing device as is we could not help asking ourselves if there was room for improvement within it's tiny enclosure. 

I'm happy to announce that we are making available a hardware update for the microRendu series. This update is a revision to the original microRendu's main board updating it from from version 1.3 to version 1.4. The new version 1.4 main board shares among other thing one of the key components in the upcoming ultraRendu. The update changes the oscillator utilized for the CPU and the USB regenerative circuit while the remaining circuit design remains unchanged.

Here is some information about the update process:    

1. Sonore will replace your original version 1.3 main board with a new version 1.4 main board. Your original version 1.3 main board will not be returned to you and will become the property of Sonore.

2. Sonore will utilize your original enclosure, original uSD card, and your original processor board for this update. These parts most be in original condition and in good working order.

3. The Sonicorbiter operating system will be updated to 2.5 subject to the terms of item #6 below.  

4. The new main board will have a 1 year warranty from the date of it's purchase. Damage from misuse to the USB connector and DC connector are not covered under the warranty. 

5. This offer includes free world wide return shipping with tracking number sent to you via email. You most ship your unit to Sonore at your expense. Shipping instructions will be provided after you purchase the update.    

6. The update will be $235 USD for Sonicorbiter 2.5 owners and $245 USD for Sonicorbiter 2.3 owners. 

*This offer is subject to change without notice.     

If you are interested in this update please e-mail [email protected] with the phrase "microRendu update" in the subject line. I will notify you as soon as we are ready to accept orders.

On 6/17/2017 at 5:26 AM, R1200CL said:

Maybe the hardware update will be even better ?

More components is changing. 

If you Google after pictures of the MicroRendu, you see that there may be possible to change more components. 

However if they have any Sonic improvemet is another thing.

I'm sure he deleted the post for a very good reason. 

The world will never know because we are changing no more and no less than one part on this update. I know what you want though. You want a whole separate board with a bunch of parts, connectors and jumper wires that uses more power. Sorry, but that in not what we are about. 

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You want a whole separate board with a bunch of parts, connectors and jumper wires that uses more power. Sorry, but that in not what we are about. 

No I dont want that. Then I purchase the UltraRendu ?

Since changing regulators on the SU-1 had so great effect on SQ, I was only thinking that changing or modify those might had an impact. And the SU-1 uses the same clock, (if my guesses are correct). 

Anyway we know that is not going to happen, so no need to discuss. 

Also you already stated the oscillator change will have a huge effect, so I'm happy with that. Just waiting for that email,with a link to PayPal ?

I suppose all new MicroRendu now will be sold with HW version 1.4 at same price listed on website ?

9 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I suppose all new MicroRendu now will be sold with HW version 1.4 at same price listed on website ?

Good question.  If you can get a new microRendu with the clock upgrade and 1.4 board for $640, that would drive down the residual value of the original microRendu and make the hardware upgrade offer less attractive.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Good question.  If you can get a new microRendu with the clock upgrade and 1.4 board for $640, that would drive down the residual value of the original microRendu and make the hardware upgrade offer less attractive.

Well of course a significant update to the mRendu will drive down the price of the previous model, but how would that make the upgrade less attractive?  

$235-$245 is a lot more attractive than $640. And it includes a new main board and an extended warranty.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

No I dont want that. Then I purchase the UltraRendu ?

Since changing regulators on the SU-1 had so great effect on SQ, I was only thinking that changing or modify those might had an impact. And the SU-1 uses the same clock, (if my guesses are correct). 

Anyway we know that is not going to happen, so no need to discuss. 

Also you already stated the oscillator change will have a huge effect, so I'm happy with that. Just waiting for that email,with a link to PayPal ?

You know what happens when you assume. 

Please do not put words into my mouth....I never stated that the oscillator change will have a huge effect.

All current microRendu sales are shipping with the version 1.3 boards. I have not decided to sell new microRendu units with the version 1.4 boards.

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Please do not put words into my mouth....I never stated that the oscillator change will have a huge effect.

Well, maybe I interpreted this sentence in your other post a little bit then ?

"We liked the new part so much that we hired a person for the reconfiguration work and wrote a big check to the board house for the production run."

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I have not decided to sell new microRendu units with the version 1.4 boards.

Very interesting Jesus. 

I think others will make (positive) comments to that. 

I think if you keep the HW 1.4 revision for existing owners, at least for some time, hopefully that will be beneficial for all parts. Though I understand not everyone will agree. 

Unless you have a huge stock of MicroRendu, you could of cause adjust the requested price for upgrade, and at the same time implement the HW version 1.4 to new sold MicroRendu's. 

Still looking forward to try the upgrade ?

14 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I have not decided to sell new microRendu units with the version 1.4 boards.

Are you saying you have not yet decided whether to sell new microRendu units with the clock upgrade and version 1.4 boards, or that you have rejected this idea?  It's not clear from your statement, and I don't want to misinterpret what you said.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

2 hours ago, rickca said:

Are you saying you have not yet decided whether to sell new microRendu units with the clock upgrade and version 1.4 boards, or that you have rejected this idea?  It's not clear from your statement, and I don't want to misinterpret what you said.

I think it can't be misunderstood at all.  His statment is quite clear. 

So it can happen or it wont happen. Only time will tell. 

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

I think it can't be misunderstood at all.  His statment is quite clear. 

So it can happen or it wont happen. Only time will tell. 

I realize you're only trying to help, but I'm asking Jesus for clarification.  Why?  Just yesterday, Jesus told you

You know what happens when you assume.  Please do not put words into my mouth.

1 hour ago, rickca said:

I realize you're only trying to help, but I'm asking Jesus for clarification.  Why?  Just yesterday, Jesus told you

You know what happens when you assume.  Please do not put words into my mouth.

This is the second time I've personally seen you pester people because you didn't get Exactly the answer you wanted. I looked back at Jesus's statement and it was simple and clear.

I'd suggest that you think carefully about your questioning here on CA, so that it doesn't cross a line from curious to offensive.

6 hours ago, rickca said:

I agree with you. The placement of the word "not" makes his statement somewhat ambiguous. In my mind, "not decided to" is not the same as "decided not to".

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

On 18/06/2017 at 0:09 AM, MrUnderhill said:

Hi Jesus,

2.5 = yes; and, I am hearing a really worthwhile improvement, thanks.

Update - just completed, can't see anything different?

M

Jesus,

Just in case I had missed something I loaded up the C-3PO plugin, this reported:

Squeezelite version is non R2, assuming is compliant. See players.

The SOX version in use does not handle DSD formats. See instructions here:www.audiodigitale.eu.

M

3 hours ago, MrUnderhill said:

Jesus,

Just in case I had missed something I loaded up the C-3PO plugin, this reported:

Squeezelite version is non R2, assuming is compliant. See players.

The SOX version in use does not handle DSD formats. See instructions here:www.audiodigitale.eu.

M

I know about DSD and that is on our to do list. As for the R2 version try to uninstall and reinstall SqueezeLite from the Software Manager. If that doesn't work let me know. 

Dear Jesus,

THANK YOU!!!

Brilliant. I have just bought a Border Patrol DAC. This thing works with a lowly 1543 chip ....and is the best DAC I have heard. Unfortunately it only processes up to 16/96 - it plays 24 bit but throws most of the data away. I will be interested in hearing what effect down sampling has .....and to be able to play the few 24 192 files I have, down sampled.

Cheers,

M

Special offer announcement:

1. We are now offering free world wide shipping on the microRendu series. 

2. We are also making available refurbished microRendu. These refurbished microRendu are tested and certified by Sonore and include a one-year warranty. These refurbished microRendu are in like new condition and include Sonicorbiter 2.5. Prices are as follows: Refurbished microRendu without power supply - $512 USD and refurbished microRendu with new iFi iPower supply - 562 USD. Limited supplies are available.

1 hour ago, Cool3r King said:

I see Vortexbox uk have the v1.4 hardware upgrade available for £252.00GBP. 17 units in stock apparently... but then says availability TBD?

Then email from Jesus should arrive anytime with link to PayPal ?

On 6/23/2017 at 9:52 AM, vortecjr said:

Special offer announcement:

1. We are now offering free world wide shipping on the microRendu series. 

How does one take advantage of this free shipping? I'm trying to order from Canada, but the checkout is adding USD $45 for 'International Express" and there don't seem to be any other shipping options available.

6 hours ago, Cool3r King said:

I see Vortexbox uk have the v1.4 hardware upgrade available for £252.00GBP. 17 units in stock apparently... but then says availability TBD?

http://www.vortexbox.co.uk/microRendu_V14_hardware_upgrade_Availability_TBD/p317978_17555502.aspx

The boards have not arrived yet.

3 hours ago, bnbayer said:

How does one take advantage of this free shipping? I'm trying to order from Canada, but the checkout is adding USD $45 for 'International Express" and there don't seem to be any other shipping options available.

Try a different browser or just order it and them email me.