IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

In W10 ?

Screenshoot ?

Use Roon and/or HQPlayer?

Or do you play from your PC ?

Hi R1200CL - I am currently on the road without a Windows machine so no screen shot - sorry.  In Windows, under the file explorer, one can show all network connections;  In the Media Player section of that screen there are icons with blue musical notes which indicate servers and other icons with green arrows representing players.  What I needed to do was enable permission for streaming on the microrendu icon.  When I initially installed the device (one of the early adopters) under Windows 7, it took me about 10 minutes at most and I don't remember having to do anything with permissions.  When I migrated to Windows 10, everything was automatically ported and no adjustments were required.  microRendu on my PC has always been solid, never temperamental.  I listen with it daily.

The issue here that required solving seems to be a pure OS issue and probably not specific to the MR.  Sometimes we are quick to point the fingers at the device or at our DAC or at Jriver or.... but here was a case where an OS permission was lacking - not sure why however.  Just sharing the knowledge.

Regarding the question of how I use the microRendu - I use it the simplest way = via DLNA in JRiver controlled by an iPAD with the music residing in an SSD within the PC.  So, No Roon, no HQ Player, no NAS.  The next step for me will be NAS however (I want to move all music and non-music shared files in my home network off the PC) and then probably eventually Roon - I was reluctant to go Roon until I was convinced they will be here for the duration :) 

JM

Nearfield Desk System: PC with JRiver MC > Sonore microRendu > Schiit Gungnir USB DAC > 6AH4 Linestage > 6CB5A Amp  >Dave's Cables > Omega Super 3 Desktop Speakers on 1-3/4" Maple Butcher Block Table

My "Living Room" System: Sony HAP-Z1ES Player, 2 Pass Labs XA60.5 (Mids/Lows), Pass Labs XA30.5 Amp (Highs), First Watt B4 & B5 Crossovers, Nuforce MCP-18 Preamp, Oppo BDP-103D Video Player, Parasound 275v2 Amp (Center), Parasound 275v2 Amp (SL, SR) Paradigm 90P Full Range Speakers with Powered Subwoofers, Paradigm CC Center Channel, Paradigm Mini Monitor Surrounds, Sony KDL46XBR9 Monitor

On 8.6.2017 at 1:37 AM, JMotzi said:

Regarding the question of how I use the microRendu - I use it the simplest way = via DLNA in JRiver controlled by an iPAD with the music residing in an SSD within the PC.  So, No Roon, no HQ Player, no NAS.

I think that explain why the MicroRendu doesn't show up in my file explorer. 

Regarding NAS:

You may consider using the money on the SonicTransporter i5 as your Roon server, and attach music by one USB interface. (Where you also can have other files stored). 

Even though I have not done it, you can actually store files on the internal SSD of SonicTransporter. I have attached it as a network share. And I have 176 GB free space. 

Depending on how huge your collection of other files are, have you consider Dropbox ?

A good Qnap NAS will also work as Roon server, but it's a more expensive  solution, and may not be the absolute best sonic solution. 

If you later would consider HQPlayer, in your case you can use almost anything as I think your DAC does not support DSD. 

According to Miska, HQPlayer is not affected by what hardware used. 

6 hours ago, rickca said:

Well, this was a well kept secret!  John has described some of the differences between the microRendu and ultraRendu in an earlier post.  I'd like to fully understand the differences between an ultraRendu and an upgraded microRendu in order to decide which way I want to go.  Anyway this is a nice surprise.

Will the ultraRendu and the microRendu update both be available on the same date? 

Will there be an upgrade path/offer to upgrade to ultraRendu?

Will it be possible to have an Ultrarendu delivered before sending a micro back for update?

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

8 hours ago, rickca said:

Well, this was a well kept secret!  John has described some of the differences between the microRendu and ultraRendu in an earlier post.  I'd like to fully understand the differences between an ultraRendu and an upgraded microRendu in order to decide which way I want to go.  Anyway this is a nice surprise.

Will the ultraRendu and the microRendu update both be available on the same date? 

Indeed. We are literally just changing one part on the microRendu. We are also changing the version number on the board and the color of the mask from blue to black so we can tell them apart. The ultraRendu is not an update it a new product. The release will be around the same time +/- a few weeks.    

51 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

We haven't released it yet and your worried about updating it:) 

That wasn't what he asked.  He asked if it was possible to upgrade the microRendu to an ultraRendu instead of just updating the mR.  It's a valid question.  

7 minutes ago, John A said:

That wasn't what he asked.  He asked if it was possible to upgrade the microRendu to an ultraRendu instead of just updating the mR.  It's a valid question.  

Yes, that is what I was wondering about: will there be an upgrade option from microRendu (1.3) to ultraRendu?

I would make the choice between microRendu 1.4 and ultraRendu, which I guess has even more goodness compared to microRendu 1.4.

9 minutes ago, John A said:

Well, the ultraRendu is a different form factor than the microRendu, so the question really is whether there's a microRendu trade-in program to exchange it for an ultraRendu.  Is that what you meant @esmit?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 minutes ago, esmit said:

Yes, that is what I was wondering about: will there be an upgrade option from microRendu (1.3) to ultraRendu?

I would make the choice between microRendu 1.4 and ultraRendu, which I guess has even more goodness compared to microRendu 1.4.

15 minutes ago, John A said:

They are two different products, so asking about an upgrade doesn't seem like the right question, unless by upgrade you mean " a discount when a mRendu owner buys a ultraRendu".

Owners of the Sonore Sonic Orbiter SE  didn't get an "upgrade" to the mRendu when it came out, AFAIK. Two different products, same OS. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

16 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

oh..okay. There is no good way for us to do that as an offer. The only part in common is the processor.  

I can image you would be able to offer the traded in microRendus as refurbished 1.3 or 1.4 for a discount compared to a new microRendu 1.4. Of course it all depends on the price difference between microRendu 1.4 and ultraRendu, what do you estimate will its price be (roughly)?

EDIT: this post crossed your answer, never mind. Although I am still curious about the ultrRendu price, of course.

11 hours ago, vortecjr said:

........... The new version 1.4 main board shares among other thing one of the key components in the upcoming ultraRendu. The update changes the oscillator utilized for the CPU and the USB regenerative circuit while the remaining circuit design remains unchanged.  .......

It would be very helpful if some light could be shed on the improved USB regenerative improvements or 'regen'.

With the original microRendu it was known that the regen implementation was superior (even if slightly) to that which was employed in the original Uptone Regen. Not sure where I read this but it is probably somewhere on this forum.  

So now we have a new regen circuit in both the ultraRendu and new microRendu board. Are they on par with the new IsoRegen from Uptone? Or not quite? Or better again (unlikely)?

Also how does the regen implementation compare between the ultra and new microRendu board? Are they the same?

Apologies if this has already been answered and I missed it.

Thanks

Sam

14 minutes ago, SamS said:

It would be very helpful if some light could be shed on the improved USB regenerative improvements or 'regen'.

With the original microRendu it was known that the regen implementation was superior (even if slightly) to that which was employed in the original Uptone Regen. Not sure where I read this but it is probably somewhere on this forum.  

So now we have a new regen circuit in both the ultraRendu and new microRendu board. Are they on par with the new IsoRegen from Uptone? Or not quite? Or better again (unlikely)?

Also how does the regen implementation compare between the ultra and new microRendu board? Are they the same?

Thanks

Sam

I think we will learn when the reviews come from owners of the IsoRegen that buy the microRendu 1.4 and/or ultraRendu units.

19 minutes ago, esmit said:

I think we will learn when the reviews come from owners of the IsoRegen that buy the microRendu 1.4 and/or ultraRendu units.

Maybe - but all subjective, and the permutations some of the good people here put their systems through makes my head spin. Much easier, as was the case with the original microRendu, if we just knew !! 

1 hour ago, SamS said:

Thanks

Sam

He has not changed anything else than the osilator.

Read that sentence one more time:

"The update changes the oscillator utilized for the CPU and the USB regenerative circuit while the remaining circuit design remains unchanged."

The clock is used by both the CPU and the USB circuit. That is how I understand it. 

(You may say an expensive upgrade for a $25 swap ?

But it may be worth it in sonic upgrade). 

If you read John post somewhere. He stats the importance of a good clock, and I think this clock (if it's the one I suspect) was not available at the time the MicroRendu was designed. 

Also he said something about they learned the importance of having a very good clock later.

Edit:

@vortecjrIt would be sooo much easier if existing owners could just order the new board and swap it by themselves instead of shipping the unit back. Would it be possible? Just sell the 1 new board per existing serial number to keep internal control. No?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

3 minutes ago, Matias said:

@vortecjrIt would be sooo much easier if existing owners could just order the new board and swap it by themselves instead of shipping the unit back. Would it be possible? Just sell the 1 new board per existing serial number to keep internal control. No?

Have you tried open your MicroRendu. Can you please do, and send us some pictures ?

No way is shipping the board going to happen - that would be a nightmare from Sonore's perspective, and no way they could support or warranty that. I'm sure they have thought of this scenario and decided against it.

I think Jesus was clear with what is being offered, which is a "factory return for upgrade". Just consider the cost of your shipping in the total cost of the upgrade.