IGNORED

HQPlayer - Favorite settings?

miguelito

1 hour ago, Whitigir said:

May I know what is 

Poly Sinc Shrt mp 2s ?

I am loving it so much from my PC built and feeding directly into AudioGD R2R7.  The craziest thing is that this amanero384 is noisy when switch to other DSD512, and I observed the sever effects from Jriver.  Audirvana 3.2 can’t do anything DSD512 to this DAC in Windows 10/64 bits.  Foobar...I am not sure that it is working correctly LoL ?

HQplayer somehow minimizes this scheeching noises when track changing in DSD512.  Then completely disappear when song is playing, with superbly different sound quality between filters.  I have been trying different filters now, some will have stuttering like it isn’t doing something correctly, but that above is my favorite so far.

my build is I7-8700, and no Cuda.  Should I look into a Cuda ? Lol

Take a look at the PDF file in the install directory for HQPlayer, it has information on various filter settings.  I would say anything with -xtr at the end with out the -2s in the filter name you are likely run into issues with stuttering, due CPU cycles required to convert.  The other thing that will also make a difference would be original source file type, going from 44.1k to DSD512 the computation requirement is different compared to converting something that is 192k to DSD512.  You will have to try the various filter settings which work best with your setup.  Also, anything with -2s will require less computational resources compared to the same filter with out the -2s.

On my old Quad Core Xeon, I have no issues up to DSD 512 with xtr-2s filters for 44.1k to DSD512.  I have some test tracks that either 96/192/384k PCM format but I have not tested those to see if they work or not.

The screeching issues that you mentioned most likely has to do with the firmware on Amanero.  I get that occasionally also with 2002 or 2004 version of Amanero firmware.  If you are on Windows you could try 1099c or 1096 version of firmware.

my two favorite setting is   PCM to DSD512  polysinc DSD5.1 for space and analog like sounding.   and  Polysinc Xtr 2s  DSD5.1  for cleaner sound and better bass

don't know if the polysinc XTR non 2s will be the ultimate as it doesn't work on my I6700K machine.

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

Poly sinc xtr non 2s is stuttering on my system as well.  The rest of the filters seems fine though.  My favorite is Polisync short with or without 2S.  I find out that the plysinc shrt MP is better in clarity, spaciousness and bass slams.

why is the Polysinc XTR non 2S too much ?

I tried the Polysinc xtr 2s and prefer the Polysinc shrt (non 2s) better for vocal, spaciousness and bass quality.  So I don’t regret not getting the XTR non 2S working 

crazy that I7-8700 can not work enough to load this XTR non 2s. 

Also loving closed form fast.  The PC can’t handle Closed form normal 

I also found out that using DAC with Xmos-U208, the closed form fast is not stuttering.  But using amanero384 and it will be stuttering.  So the XTR non 2S is probably under the same circumstances.  It is not the PC that can not handle the work loads but the DSP (chip)