IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - NAA Output Mode

vortecjr

Updated to 1.3 some time back; i.e., the moment it first came out, a week and a half ago, I think? I've been using it extensively since then, with no issues.

I also updated to HQPlayer 3.15.1b2 several days ago, when it was first publicized here - again, no issues with it over several days.

It was only when I updated the mRendu yesterday (it had been a few weeks since I checked for updates) that the issue began. I've tried rebooting via the web interface, "hard" reboots (i.e., removing the power feed to turn off), restarting Roon, the HQPlayer machine (Windows 10 laptop), the DAC, etc., all to no effect; i.e., it will play fine for a few minutes, then simply stop playing. Investigation shows the NAA output on the mRendu is simply no longer working properly.

I have the same problem as above. No amount of updates, file deletion, unplugging, rebooting, restarting microRendu, etc. have worked.

In fact it seems to be getting worse. I can run the ROON Ready on microRendu select within ROON and it works.

The combo of ROON, HQPlayer, microRendu, and Fidelizer worked for several months. I did add Project Lasso which only only is used if I select it through windows.

Whether I use Project Lasso or not doesn't seem to be a factor.

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

I have the same problem as above. No amount of updates, file deletion, unplugging, rebooting, restarting microRendu, etc. have worked.

We haven't updated these these apps for some time so continuously updating, deleting, etc will not change anything.

In fact it seems to be getting worse. I can run the ROON Ready on microRendu select within ROON and it works.

This might be the limitation of your system.

The combo of ROON, HQPlayer, microRendu, and Fidelizer worked for several months. I did add Project Lasso which only only is used if I select it through windows.

I'm not sure what impact Fidelizer and Project Lasso have on playback / streaming. They have not connected us for testing gear so anything goes here. I also have very little in the way of feedback from customers.

Whether I use Project Lasso or not doesn't seem to be a factor.

I haven't heard about this app so I'm can't provide any comments either way.

We haven't updated these these apps for some time so continuously updating, deleting, etc will not change anything.

I understand that. But one way I got the system to work for a while was to remove the HQPlayer app from microRendu then reinstalled. I also did the same with HQPlayer. This was done at the same time.

This might be the limitation of your system.

I don't believe so, the exact same system played for days without stopping before the 1.3 updates. The original 1.3 update worked well it was a week later after some small updates that everything broke.

I'm not sure what impact Fidelizer and Project Lasso have on playback / streaming. They have not connected us for testing gear so anything goes here. I also have very little in the way of feedback from customers.

Fidelizer, WSY2K12v2, AudiophileOptimizer all make make a positive difference when using the microRendu. I'd say they make the same impact if not more when using the microRendu. The microRendu is an awesome addition to my system better software makes it sound even better. I'd say the use of those programs makes at least the same amount of difference when adding the Lps1 to power the microRendu if not more.

I haven't heard about this app so I'm can't provide any comments either way.

Project Lasso is a program that will let you prioritize the programs running on your pc. For instance on my Roonserver pc it has top priority over other programs. On my HQPlayer PC I give HQPlayer and and Fidelizer higher priority. I'm not sure I hear a difference with Project Lasso as I only used it a week before this situation arose. A friend downloaded it on his laptop and he uses the microRendu and he enjoys it greatly.

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

Jesus,

Sorry my replies to your quotes appeared below yours in the document. Sometimes the iPad and Computer Audiophile don't work well together.

SteVe's V's

I'm having issue with DSD512 playback using HQPlayer via the microRendu and the Holo Audio Spring DAC. I can get playback using both DOP and Native settings in HQPlayer, however, the playback is slow. It takes approximately 1 minute to play 56 seconds of the song. My PC is fairly powerful: i7-7700K with an Nvidia GTX 1070 Video Card.

Are there any settings you can recommend for the micorRendu / HQPlayer? Does the Holo Audio Spring DAC need to be setup as a Custom DAC? If so, what are the settings?

I'm having issue with DSD512 playback using HQPlayer via the microRendu and the Holo Audio Spring DAC. I can get playback using both DOP and Native settings in HQPlayer, however, the playback is slow. It takes approximately 1 minute to play 56 seconds of the song. My PC is fairly powerful: i7-7700K with an Nvidia GTX 1070 Video Card.

Are there any settings you can recommend for the micorRendu / HQPlayer? Does the Holo Audio Spring DAC need to be setup as a Custom DAC? If so, what are the settings?

You certainly can't get DSD512 with DoP (that would require a PCM carrier at 1.4Mhz). Make sure the microRendu is up to date to latest firmware, setting the microRendu (my SonicOrbiter website, app switcher) to HQPlayerNAA and choosing the Holo Driver (called xCore USB2.0) , and setting SDM packed to none. Any PCM filters or SDM upsampling is personal taste (I use Poly Sinc MP for both).

In this output mode we are a receiver and the stream is output directly via ALSA. You can look at this thread for HQ Player 101 type help: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/signalyst-hq-player-101-a-29494/ The custom DAC configuration is for a special use case only.

You certainly can't get DSD512 with DoP (that would require a PCM carrier at 1.4Mhz). Make sure the microRendu is up to date to latest firmware, setting the microRendu (my SonicOrbiter website, app switcher) to HQPlayerNAA and choosing the Holo Driver (called xCore USB2.0) , and setting SDM packed to none. Any PCM filters or SDM upsampling is personal taste (I use Poly Sinc MP for both).

Do I need to install the Holo Audio Windows 10 Driver on my PC and select that in HQPlayer as my Device? I currently have selected default: xCore USB Audio 2.0: USB Audio.

That is only for local playback.

Okay - thanks. I'm not sure why I can't get DSD512 to work. I already had done everything Ted_B suggested. I thought that is what he meant by selecting the Holo Driver. Do you know what he meant about selecting the driver? I didn't see anywhere in the microRendu software where I can select the Holo Driver.

Okay - thanks. I'm not sure why I can't get DSD512 to work. I already had done everything Ted_B suggested. I thought that is what he meant by selecting the Holo Driver. Do you know what he meant about selecting the driver? I didn't see anywhere in the microRendu software where I can select the Holo Driver.

He just means to select the microRendu / your DAC as it's listed in HQ Player.

He just means to select the microRendu / your DAC as it's listed in HQ Player.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure if I understand. I selected the default: xCore USB Audio 2.0 in HQPlayer Settings Devices on my PC. Is that what you mean? I don't see any reference to microRendu or specific to the DAC.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm sorry. I'm not sure if I understand. I selected the default: xCore USB Audio 2.0 in HQPlayer Settings Devices on my PC. Is that what you mean? I don't see any reference to microRendu or specific to the DAC.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Connect your DAC to the microRendu. Then go to Settings in HQ Player and you should have something similar to this. I have a iFi DAC connected to my microRendu.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 6.33.17 PM.png

Yes, the only place to do HQP desktop settings is in the HQP settings menu. Drop down the NetworkAudioAdapter (instead of ASIO, Wasapi, etc) then pick xCore USB 2.0 audio driver if you have more than one choice. Me, I have several (cuz I have had several dacs, including Holo, iFi, etc). Also, make darn sure SDM packing is set to None.

HQP settings.png

BTW, for our Holo dacs the dac bits should be 32 (not 24) and dither should be TPDF (no need for noise shaping filters once we are at 32 bits). But these settings that are on the screenshot will not hinder DSD512 playback, which is the subject here. :)

Yes, the only place to do HQP desktop settings is in the HQP settings menu. Drop down the NetworkAudioAdapter (instead of ASIO, Wasapi, etc) then pick xCore USB 2.0 audio driver if you have more than one choice. Me, I have several (cuz I have had several dacs, including Holo, iFi, etc). Also, make darn sure SDM packing is set to None.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33591[/ATTACH]

BTW, for our Holo dacs the dac bits should be 32 (not 24) and dither should be TPDF (no need for noise shaping filters once we are at 32 bits). But these settings that are on the screenshot will not hinder DSD512 playback, which is the subject here. :)

I tried again tonight using parameters similar to yours. The main difference is that I had DAC bits set to Default.

I was able to get audio and it sounded like the playback speed was correct. Unfortunately, I was getting frequent dropouts or choppy playback. Experimenting with some of the SDM Defaults, yielded better results, but invariably the dropouts would return. I had a few instances where playback worked for approximately 2 minutes, before things began to breakdown.

Makle sure your network connection can do 10/100/1000 as the microRendu throws up on gigabit only.

Make sure you test -2s filters if your cpu is weak.

I finally got it to work. The issue was related to my network. After I moved the Ethernet cable output of my Powerline adapter from my Netgear switch to the microRendu directly, playback was fine. I'm still not sure why my switch is causing an issue.

I had no issue with the -2s filters - playback was immediate and only used about 14% of my CPU. When I switched to the poly-sinc-shrt-mp, it took 20-30 seconds to initialize, then played fine using approximately 24% of my CPU. When I tried the xtr filter, HQPlayer seamed to lockup. I may have abandoned it too early as I read later on that it can take several minutes to initialize.

Thank you for your help.

Is the latest version of the HQPlayer software for the Sonicorbiter still version 3.4.0? Does it automatically update to new HQPlayer releases? If not, how does one update it? Thanks

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Is the latest version of the HQPlayer software for the Sonicorbiter still version 3.4.0? Does it automatically update to new HQPlayer releases? If not, how does one update it? Thanks

NAA version 3.5.0 was updated today. Go to Apps / Software Manager and press Update. Wait for the "Back to Main Menu" link to appear before exiting the upgrade page.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesus, can you allow naming the HQPlayer NAA?  I have two microRendu in NAA mode and both use the default name, and HQPlayer has trouble seeing both of them at the same time.  If you don't want to add the UI can you at least use the microRendu name as the NAA name?

5 hours ago, Altabay said:

Jesus, can you allow naming the HQPlayer NAA?  I have two microRendu in NAA mode and both use the default name, and HQPlayer has trouble seeing both of them at the same time.  If you don't want to add the UI can you at least use the microRendu name as the NAA name?

It came up before and there was reason for not doing it...I can't remember now. I have to look into it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since I have gone to the new Sonicorbiter operating system flash card I have been experiencing HQP stoppage caused by no device showing in settings. Usually happens when I warm up the system and run the dac volume control at a low level. Any ideas? I am running HQP 3.16.4 and am running my pc to a microRendu to my Vinnie Dac.

4 hours ago, Theobetley said:

Ever since I have gone to the new Sonicorbiter operating system flash card I have been experiencing HQP stoppage caused by no device showing in settings. Usually happens when I warm up the system and run the dac volume control at a low level. Any ideas? I am running HQP 3.16.4 and am running my pc to a microRendu to my Vinnie Dac.

If the unit stops seeing the DAC for any reason it will not show up in HQ Player. Try using Roon for a while and see I the issue persists there.